Impartial Commentating??....not likely!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Impartial Commentating??....not likely!

The Fox Sports Commentators were bloody bias and plainly frustrating. Normally I never pick up on the commentators, but today, geez they just annoyed the sh*t out of me.

Dunstall and Shaw together gave us bugger all credit and just called the game with rose coloured glasses. I know most people want us beaten, but I expect more from a commentary team.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Now 14 who hate us.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Impartial Commentating??....not likely!

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:The Fox Sports Commentators were bloody bias and plainly frustrating. Normally I never pick up on the commentators, but today, geez they just annoyed the sh*t out of me.

Dunstall and Shaw together gave us bugger all credit and just called the game with rose coloured glasses. I know most people want us beaten, but I expect more from a commentary team.
Agree totally...part of it is wanting to see us go down but it is biased...how about giving credit where it is due...even my sweet placid wife wanted to strangle Shaw :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Not enough of the commentators are St Kilda supporters, that is where the problem lies. Makes me laugh on SEN when they mention that the presenters who are Saints supporters are biased. They tend to always go against the Saints whereas the commentators and presenters who follow other teams are so biased it is sickening!!! For example, Jason Dunstall and Steven Quartermaine on Triple M. Poor Jason could not bare anyone questioning Croad or his future and had a brain freeze on air.

When we were down the bottom of the ladder, St Kilda was everyone's 2nd favourite team. However, over the last 5 or so years since we have start a march up the ladder, we seem to have lost that status.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I heard the Comm's calling it how it was...brave effort by an undermanned and ultimately outgunned, outmuscled team...

Harden up people...

Way too sensitive...

goodie
Club Player

Clearly rooting for the underdog, understandable in some ways but bloody frustrating to listen to.

If I had a drink every time they mentioned the fact we're undefeated I would've passed out by halftime

felixleo
Club Player

When your behind the commentators always annoy you. Didn't mind them today but in the past have hated it when two perth boys were on the mike doing the w.coast freo games on fox.

Are you gonna be the one?
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I heard the Comm's calling it how it was...brave effort by an undermanned and ultimately outgunned, outmuscled team...

Harden up people...

Way too sensitive...
Hear hear!!!

God..rememeber when we were crap, won a game every 2 minths..and the commetators would patronise us and pat us on the head like a child??

I'll take 11-0 and all the media in the world wanting upsets against us thanks very much

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

WE WON!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
widereceiver
Club Player

I want a lot of success over the next few years and with that, I want the smarmy commentators to hate us.

I want all the patronising supporters of the bigger clubs who gave me grief all the years we were crap to have us stuck in their craw.

The best thing is I think the team wants it more than I do.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
stinger
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:I want a lot of success over the next few years and with that, I want the smarmy commentators to hate us.

I want all the patronising supporters of the bigger clubs who gave me grief all the years we were crap to have us stuck in their craw.

The best thing is I think the team wants it more than I do.
:wink: :lol: :lol: good post......and for the record quaters is a f-wit and shaw a turd...so ...what they think or want means f*** all to me.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.