Geelong beat WCE by under 4 goals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Geelong beat WCE by under 4 goals

Do you reckon their supporters will be asking for up to 5 be dropped on their fan forums?

What would the reaction be if we beat a depleted and underperforming WCE by only 22 points?

Geelong as they have done for three season got the job done. Got in front and stayed there.

We are doing much the same (except for yesterday).

We need some perspective.

Still must admit worst 11-0 St.Kilda team ever in the history of VFL/AFL.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong beat WCE by under 4 goals

joffaboy wrote:Do you reckon their supporters will be asking for up to 5 be dropped on their fan forums?

What would the reaction be if we beat a depleted and underperforming WCE by only 22 points?

Geelong as they have done for three season got the job done. Got in front and stayed there.

Very clever, Smythe :wink: !!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Looked very flat today...lets hope they are starting to hit a trough that lasts for a few weeks...

Are doing enough to win which as with us is the sign of a good side.

We would have lost the Brisbane and North games last year...

The gap is closing...just how far we will find out in round 14 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

The Cats like us recently have not had a lot to gain bar four points.

I think that we'll see a different Saints this friday, we've just been going through the motions over the last 3 weeks.

We've got a team to hunt as opposed to being hunted.

Friday night on the big stage, with a week off to follow...

I can't wait.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Geelong have nothing to prove, we still do

If we play like we did yesterday (and the past month) against Geelong, they will give us a spanking

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Bomber Thompson was being interviewed after the game and going on and on about how Geelong were flat today and he noticed it before the start of the game....

If he paid any credit to the Eagles, I had already turned off at that stage.

Compare that to Lyon last week telling everyone after the game what a good team Melbourne are.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

They should drop their back six for at least three weeks, err matches. Shockers and has-beens all of them!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

They have a few big names out.......they will come in when fit, and not wait their turn because the side is winning......because for them - winning and playing at their peak are not the same...

Not sure Joel Corey will spend much time in the VFL, and when Ottens is fit, he will return regardless of how well Mumford is travelling.....

Chappie - straight in.....

Harley, Taylor will come straight back in

Leo.J
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Chappie - straight in.....
Chappie played

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

As I said - straight in......

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:Geelong have nothing to prove, we still do

If we play like we did yesterday (and the past month) against Geelong, they will give us a spanking
Um.

Would have thought dropping a GF when they hardly ever lose might establish a fairly obvious point to prove...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Which is even more scary.......their motivation is high.....their ability is higher....

StSteven
Club Player

Would not get too cocky about us vs Caats. they have clearly been the best side in AFL for a few years. We are feeling good about our run but theirs is excepetional. If we win the GF this year we will still be below their achievements.

However there is no reason why we can't beat them given a good day. Finals are often won by teams that are not necessarily the best. A hell of lot of luck is required.

This year we have had that luck with injuries. Their injury list is very large and they keep on winning. I hope we beat them but I sure as hell admire them (as does RL and most of Saints team),

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Do you reckon their supporters will be asking for up to 5 be dropped on their fan forums?

Very clever, Smythe :wink: !!
Smythe is a hack.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I am not sure who is asking that 5 be dropped????

But many of are suggesting thta Milne, Gardi and Gilbert all come in.

They are all good players deserving of being in our firest 22.

If the Cats had say Harley, Ottens and Chapman all ready to come back after eing out....the Cats would bing them back too....and their fans would be expecting it too.

The Cats in last years GF had no hesitation in bringing back King to replace Blake in 2007, despite Blake having played most of the year....and King very few games.

You have to play your best 22 wth the caveat that all are fit and in form.

Milne, Gilbert and gardiner are all fit (we assume by the Blues game) and in form..and all are better than some players last week based in current form. So back in they come.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Does not matter if we are 11 zip or not.....if there is a player out of form in the 22 (and I am not just talking about 1 game) and there is a player outside of the 22 in better form...then out he goes...and in he comes.

Gardi better than Ben

Gilbert better than Raph.

Milne has been elite this year...so he will push out someone who will be very stiff...but Milne deserves to be in.

If King gets suspended then Ben most likely will stay in.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Bomber Thompson was being interviewed after the game and going on and on about how Geelong were flat today and he noticed it before the start of the game....

If he paid any credit to the Eagles, I had already turned off at that stage.

Compare that to Lyon last week telling everyone after the game what a good team Melbourne are.
I pay attention to that also.

You learn a lot about a person in defeat - Ive often seen a petulant, sulking Thompson (I even recall his contempt for us under Thomas and his "why is everyone talking bout st kilda.." dummy spit) the guy is a sook make no bones.

Sure got a great side, exceptional run and all but when things dont go his way dont expect him to pay any respect to the opposition...he'll just offer up excuses and sook.

Cant stand the bloke.

“Yeah….nah””