Time to put another challenger in their place

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Time to put another challenger in their place

Carlton will want to knock us off Friday night for two obvious reasons, we're undefeated and they haven't beaten us for 7 years.
Hopefully we will do to them what Geelong did to Essendon, thump them back into the pack of wannabees.
Have no doubt that we can do that, they do rely on Fevola for goals and their defence is very suspect.
Our defence can shut down their forwards, our midfield is bigger, stronger and deeper than theirs.
If we play to our best, we will beat them by 40 points plus.
I am confident of setting a new winning streak record for the Saints.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Bring it on...

Didn't see anything with the Brisbane game of great concern..

The Lions should've won with some straight kicking..

Their backline will really be tested by Roo,Kosi,Milne and Scneider..

They rely heavily on Fev who rarely plays 2 good games in a row or worries Maxi...

Friday night can't come quick enough :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 07 Jun 2009 6:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to put another challenger in their place

3rd generation saint wrote:thump them back into the pack of wannabees.
i like the sound of that.

our win/loss ratio against them is the worst of any two clubs, i think, and we need to beat them every time until 2057 (or some such outrageous stat) to draw level.

if we are serious contenders it is time to make an example of some of these pretenders and give them a good thumping.

i'm hoping bj will be BOG to further rub salt into the wound.

they are a much improved team and dangerous on their day and i'm sure we won't go in overconfident.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am happy they won this weekend....

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Make no mistake,this is Carlton's GF this week. They want us. They think it's there right to be above us on the ladder and it has hurt them being thrashed by us for the last 8 years.
There crowd will be up and about,the noise level will be massive. If we are not switched on we're in strife. We've lost our mojo the last 2-3 games,hopefully we can rediscover it this week,as I'd like to beat them more than Geelong in round 14.

Bring back the Lockett era
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to put another challenger in their place

3rd generation saint wrote:Carlton will want to knock us off Friday night for two obvious reasons, we're undefeated and they haven't beaten us for 7 years.
Hopefully we will do to them what Geelong did to Essendon, thump them back into the pack of wannabees.
Have no doubt that we can do that, they do rely on Fevola for goals and their defence is very suspect.
Our defence can shut down their forwards, our midfield is bigger, stronger and deeper than theirs.
If we play to our best, we will beat them by 40 points plus.
I am confident of setting a new winning streak record for the Saints.
Good post - i was thinking the same.

Carlton or Ratten will talk of gaining respect this week and breaking the st kilda hoodoo blah blah...

IMHO it is St Kilda who needs to hunt this week. We are playing the "upstarts" the so called "we are coming" mob......and on the biggest footy stage of Friday night - no better time to make a statement and put footys biggest cheats in their spot.

We need to do this. We cant afford to be giving the slow starts etc and its time to get back to the pressure we used to crush sides earlier this year.

Gonna be tougher than Brisbane (and they played us ok in patches) - the win by Carlton up there was impressive.....now we need to demonstrate that if they wanna be serious contenders then this is how the best play.

“Yeah….nah””
esaint66
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I am happy they won this weekend....

Couldn't agree more, just gonna make their poor excuses funnier by 100 fold :lol: