Roof Open?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

They closed the roof today at half time in the Essendon V Adelaide match, but kept the red footballs...

Is there a rule that the balls can't be changed during the match?

With the roof closed after half time, it was harder to see the footy as it tended to blend in with the crowd.

Does anyone know the ruling on this?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:They closed the roof today at half time in the Essendon V Adelaide match, but kept the red footballs...

With the roof closed after half time, it was harder to see the footy as it tended to blend in with the crowd.

Bloody good question, that.

I would have thought that a closed lid meant a night game, necessatating the use of YELLOW balls. It must be that if you start with RED balls you must finish with RED balls !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:They closed the roof today at half time in the Essendon V Adelaide match, but kept the red footballs...

Bloody good question, that.

I would have thought that a closed lid meant a night game, necessatating the use of YELLOW balls. It must be that if you start with RED balls you must finish with RED balls !!
You are probably right, but it does raise the question the either the AFL or the Stadium got it wrong...

Surely if there is a chance of rain the stadium that has a roof must use it..

I really don't know who is at fault, but the use of a red footy in night conditions is wrong

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I'm as good as positive it rained lightly with the roof open yesterday during the game..yet as we were walking out of the ground they closed it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
esaint66
SS Life Member

I loved it yesterday, reminded me of Waverley :D

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I was sitting in row c, level 1 and loved it!

Just like old times :D

NEW FLASH - Australian Rules Football is a sport played during the WINTER months. And often played in WINTERY conditions :shock:

P.S. those of you who complain about this should perhaps think of other places to go on a cold day, like say...the opera :P

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!