Is Adelaide an Emerging Threat?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Is Adelaide an Emerging Threat?

Memories of '97 still haunt me.

I loved beating Adelaide at AAMI. Though it was earlier in the season I tend to think they were more of a threat to our forwards and backs than other teams have been able to be. :shock:

With recent form against Hawks and Dons are they emerging as more of a serious threat? Or, have they played Hawks and Dons at favourable times and on their terms? :idea:

Maybe it's the ghost of seasons past that worries me, but I can't help but keep a watchful eye on what Adelaide is achieveing after something of a sluggish start. :?

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Not to us.

rexy
SS Life Member

Any team who plays in September could be a threat, Adelaide alone have two flags from years where they were nowhere near being the best side. Same could be said for many other premiership sides over the journey. North in 99 for example.

Interesting thing about Adelaide and more so about Neil Craig is how quickly the man can implement change. When he took over from Ayres he very quickly implemented change and now half way through a season it is like he has tweaked a game plan considerably in 2 weeks and turned them around??? Astounding really.

Maybe this year?
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Adelaide are playing some pretty good footy and can play a lot better. With the likes of McLeod and Rutten getting back to their best they could be a dangerous team. Tippet and Taylor Walker have finally given them some forward structure and are no longer restricted to a highly defensive game style.

On our day we should still beat them, but they'd certainly be a side to watch.

happy feet
Club Player

Crows

I must admit I thought Adelaide were coming good looking at the way they have played over the last few weeks. Neil Craig is a very astute and smart coach. They should never be underestimated.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

No

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

With our history, no team we come against should be underestimated.

First things first; beat Carlton on Friday night!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!