Blake V Kruezer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

send out the runner
Club Player

Blake V Kruezer

Gards in Big Mac out
Blake to run with Kruezer the whole game

Max can stay on Fev.

Gilbo in for Clarke

Milne in for King

rexy
SS Life Member

IMO it has been blatantly proven that, A.) quality rucks are very important to a side. B.) Blake is a much better defender/utility than ruckman.

To me if we drop a genuine ruckman for Blake then we may as well bring back Thomas also. And yes I mean Grant.

Maybe this year?
ace
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:IMO it has been blatantly proven that, A.) quality rucks are very important to a side. B.) Blake is a much better defender/utility than ruckman.

To me if we drop a genuine ruckman for Blake then we may as well bring back Thomas also. And yes I mean Grant.
Grant Thomas is a bit too short to play centre half back anymore. :wink: :wink: :wink:
And just imagine the free kick count - St Kilda 0, Opposition 100

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Why not use the chance to get a few games into Mac??

Might prove a godsend should we lose one of King/Gardy closer to or in the finals

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Blake V Kruezer

send out the runner wrote:Gards in Big Mac out
Blake to run with Kruezer the whole game

Max can stay on Fev.

Gilbo in for Clarke

Milne in for King
McEvoy played about 46% of game time and had 11 hit outs, just the 4 disposals but at 100% efficient ...

I would doubt if he get dropped

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
send out the runner
Club Player

Fundimentally I would agree...but.

Riddle me this, which one of our rucks could go with Kruezer- in the air, forward , back and on the ground Gards? or Big Mac?

Clarke from Brissy is not a genuine ruck and was good on the weekend against Kruezer

Match ups are also" blatantly proven "to be critical to a side. Also finding spots for best 22 players has been hard all year. This allows us to bring in one walk up into the team

If you want to roll out the red carpet - be my guest

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Saint Ross has been single minded on one thing - maintaining structure at all times before, during and after the game. This is why James Gwilt will stay forward and Jason Blake will stay back and Kosi will stay near the square and Ben McEvoy will stay in the team whilst either Michael Gardiner of Steven King are suspended. Only if there is no alternative (heaven forbid) will players move around eg Jason Blake or Kosi to ruck work. Eleven nil is evidence that this approach is working.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Losing Gards then King to suspension is absolutely a blessing in disguise. Big Mac is getting great experience and will, as all big men do take time. Neither King or Gards are dominent ruckmen in the comp and losing them one at a time is fine. The key is keeping at least one of them in as their experience is enough to make sure the opposition ruckman doesn't dominate.

send out the runner
Club Player

[quote="perfectionist"]Saint Ross has been single minded on one thing - maintaining structure at all times before, during and after the game. This is why James Gwilt will stay forward and Jason Blake will stay back and Kosi will stay near the square and Ben McEvoy will stay in the team whilst either Michael Gardiner of Steven King are suspended. Only if there is no alternative (heaven forbid) will players move around eg Jason Blake or Kosi to ruck work. Eleven nil is evidence that this approach is working.[/quote]

Precisely, so where do you play Gilbo, Max, Blake,Zac, etc.. I am looking at minimal changes and getting Sam back into the back 6.

It is only for this game (Carlton) Big Mac will have 3 weeks after that against sides with two dinasaur ruckmen(Genuine) to have a run!

How did we do it-EASY

I think this has some merrit. This game will be won on who gets first hands on the ball predominately in the middle and also around the ground. With dangerous forwards on both sides first & clean use of the ball is soooo important. Kreuzer is a ruckmen come play maker.who I think rests in the forward line.We could use the 4th bench spot for the third tall backmen to come on when Kreuzer goes forward or play then frwd for a change up. I pretty sure they have both rucks on the grounds at the same time. I may be wrong

goodie
Club Player

That could work. Like when Banger played on Stynes, get Gardiner/Big Ben to contest the ruck then Blake runs with Kreuzer