OFFICIAL: King Offered 4 matches with early plea

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:SEN have just announced King is accepting 4 match penalty!!!
well SEN would know they were the first to hang him.

That aside....I do wonder when St Kilda will stand up.

Sure silly mistake from King but the intent to concuss the bloke has to be a mitigating factor no matter how far off the ball IF it could be argued the head high contact was a clash of heads.

Yes I know if King hadnt run at him it would never happen - but shepherds off the ball happen weekly in AFL.

Ironically the penalty or "AFL sanctioned risk" of an appeal was a hiding to nothing - they were daring us to appeal....not really after a true hearing....which Im not sure is the fairest judicial process you can have...

Once again the St Kilda test case is in action.
Not true. We have fought, the Baker case is a prime example. We had to let this go. Short term pain for long term gain.

The AFL rules with an iron fist. It might make our supporters feel vindicated and better about the situation if they had fought it, but it would not have been worth the publicity or the long term pain to fight the decision. Be realistic, to come up against the AFL would have proved of NO BENEFIT and caused us greater pain in the long term. To think otherwise is sheer stupidity IMO.
This post defies sense and logic.

Cause the AFL run the comp we have to bend over frontways on every decision?

Imagine IF Essendon/Ryder had taken that "logical" approach???

You seriously call that bungled mess of Bakers "saints standing up" - Id hate to to see us really try.

Its ok if you are comfortable as an apologist. Accepting of every piece of cr@p the AFL throw our way- Im not.

Im not stupid enough to believe we have an even handed administration in this competition that treats all teams the same - we dont.

For you to believe otherwise is naive at best and dumb otherwise.
Well I trust the current footy administration and if they said it was a case they couldnt win then they made a good choice. Why risk 2 extra weeks to probably get one less. Not great punting odds.

reincarnated

As per usual plugger is on the money

You are one cage I shall not be rattling

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:As per usual plugger is on the money

You are one cage I shall not be rattling
Written and authorized by plugger66.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:
Well I trust the current footy administration and if they said it was a case they couldnt win then they made a good choice. Why risk 2 extra weeks to probably get one less. Not great punting odds.
... you speak with great authority.
You are telling us that the decision not to appeal was the Boards'?

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
... you speak with great authority.
You are telling us that the decision not to appeal was the Boards'?
I wouldnt have a clue. I would think it has nothing to do with the board myself. I'd be pretty sure it would be the footy department as it was only going to the tribunal if they didnt agree with decision. If it had gone to appeal then maybe the board would get involved but not for the tribunal IMO.