standing room only- geelong game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:What it proves is that Collo is an absolute first rate farkwit and is intent on the legal course and sticking it up the AFL whenever he can.

Talk about bad Karma he has inflicted upon himself!

What a lowlife of a person, dispicable, not worthy of being a human being.
To be honest he is looking after his own, and that's his job.

May be worth looking at the AFL and the fixture....

Last years 2nd V 4th should have been played at the G from the start, I really don't blame Collo on this at all, I blame the lack of forethought from the AFL, but the have a history of being reactive and not pro active.

Tasmanian Siren Gate for starters....

How simple would it have been to check sirens before the game and check on its effectiveness ??? (Anderson is a farkwit)

Again last years 2nd V 4th and an empty MCG, it's the AFL's fault and not Collo IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:What it proves is that Collo is an absolute first rate farkwit and is intent on the legal course and sticking it up the AFL whenever he can.

Last years 2nd V 4th should have been played at the G from the start, I really don't blame Collo on this at all, I blame the lack of forethought from the AFL, but the have a history of being reactive and not pro active.

How simple would it have been to check sirens before the game and check on its effectiveness ??? (Anderson is a farkwit)

Again last years 2nd V 4th and an empty MCG, it's the AFL's fault and not Collo IMO
hmm......valid point Fid!

But we have not had a home game at the MCG for ages.....I reckon the club isn't too keen on them (to be fixtured I mean), as it screws reserved seat members.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

hmm......valid point Fid!

But we have not had a home game at the MCG for ages.....I reckon the club isn't too keen on them (to be fixtured I mean), as it screws reserved seat members.
Well it could well have been Geelong home game at the MCG and the round either the Mondays round 7 game against Collingwood our home game or the round 6 match against the Bulldogs our home game...

The AFL farked it up with the fixture and no game has ever changed venues because to maximise crowd attendance...

Just way too much compensation to pay out for the effected stadium.

This will no doubt effect the total of attendance for the season, and one would suspect the AFL will not be happy with the bottom line, but it's their fault and no one else's ...

Yes it's all easy in hindsight, but they get paid big money to get things right, and maximise the overall attendance is paramount, I believe Dimwit gets paid more the the PM...

They have failed in this one and in a recession it would be interesting to see the total attendance this year compared to previous years, because they have just missed out on 30,000 plus in just one match

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Also, I have some doubts on plugger66 claims that the MCG would foot the bill for compensation....

Just how does that work if the AFL has fixtured a match at Etihad Stadium and decide to change venues to a larger stadium (bearing in mind it has never happen before)

Surely the AFL would have to pay for the change of venue, seeing it was their decision and I feel the total cost of compensation to Eithad and the super boxes, plus the shifting, or the making of new Saints sponsorship banners to accommodate the move was way too high.

I read somewhere that just the relocation of our major sponsors banners would be around $150,000.

This is why it's far too much of a headache and the AFL need to somehow have a crystal ball, because changing venues to suit a crowd is not going to happen.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if both teams remain unbeaten it is arguably the greatest home and away match in history. if that's what happens it couldn't be more embarrassing for the afl.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Also, I have some doubts on plugger66 claims that the MCG would foot the bill for compensation....

Just how does that work if the AFL has fixtured a match at Etihad Stadium and decide to change venues to a larger stadium (bearing in mind it has never happen before)

Surely the AFL would have to pay for the change of venue, seeing it was their decision and I feel the total cost of compensation to Eithad and the super boxes, plus the shifting, or the making of new Saints sponsorship banners to accommodate the move was way too high.

I read somewhere that just the relocation of our major sponsors banners would be around $150,000.

This is why it's far too much of a headache and the AFL need to somehow have a crystal ball, because changing venues to suit a crowd is not going to happen.
Have doubts all you like. Do you want me to give you the guys number. Mate dont call me incorrect on this. The MCC stood to make a lot of money on the shift so they would have foot the bill. As for the AFL making this game our home game at the G do you have any idea of what we requested or the legal requirements of games at the dome. The main reason though is probably there is no history of sell outs between these 2 clubs. I suppose they should have known both sides may ne unbeaten at the time of the game. Hindsight. Lastly could you imagine the complaints in here if a home game was at the G. You can correct me on this but werent you one of the whingers when it looked like it may be moved and that was after we knew both sides were undefeated. I appologise if you were not onr of them.