TICKET / SEATING UPDATE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter35
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Just purchased 4 GA tickets.
So that gives me peace of mind.

Now just have to turn up 5:30 to secure a reasonable seat.

Thanks again :D :D
Sorry to sound so confused, but did you buy 4 full price ($22.60) general admission tickets? Or you were able to just reserve them with a booking fee?
If you have a St Kilda 16 game membership or an AFL membership you simply scan it on the night however if you want to play it safe just go to the ticketmaster website, enter your Saints membership barcode and pay the booking fee (around $5.50 I believe).

If you're an 11 game member, you have to pay full price as Enrico Misso has.

Both options allow you to sit on level 3. However with reserved seating also being sold on level 3, it's worth getting there early to make sure you get a seat.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Just purchased 4 GA tickets.
So that gives me peace of mind.

Now just have to turn up 5:30 to secure a reasonable seat.

Thanks again :D :D
Sorry to sound so confused, but did you buy 4 full price ($22.60) general admission tickets? Or you were able to just reserve them with a booking fee?
If you have a St Kilda 16 game membership or an AFL membership you simply scan it on the night however if you want to play it safe just go to the ticketmaster website, enter your Saints membership barcode and pay the booking fee (around $5.50 I believe).

If you're an 11 game member, you have to pay full price as Enrico Misso has.

Both options allow you to sit on level 3. However with reserved seating also being sold on level 3, it's worth getting there early to make sure you get a seat.
Spot on

Just to re-iterate what I heard from ES yesterday afternoon. The majority of the Walk-Up seating will be on the Docklands (Interchange bench) side of the ground.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:So basically, if all gen admin tickets are sold -> no entry with 16 game membership?
That's the theory and the same goes for AFL members who would usually just swipe. Just how the magic cut off number is arrived at, bearing in mind the standing room capacity, remains a Docklands Stadium issue. I have been at a match when they were advising swipees that there was only restricted view or standing room available inside. I went in anyway and found a single seat in a better spot. A group would find it a lot more difficult.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Delayed....maybe yes, maybe no.....see the change of start time thread..
Not for Friday Nights game it isn't likely-

and ohwhenthesaints!
I was just confused with people saying you only needed to pay $5 booking fee, as I have not been able to find any tickets online for a couple of days now. So if we want a seat we have to pay, that's fine with me....I just needed to clarify it.

Thanks EM
you wont find seats as such - You will find general admission access.
and then need to find seats when you arrive on level 3- go the Dockside as Saints66au advises.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Superboot
SS Life Member

I've just tried to book a GA ticket on-line to be on the safe side and can't get one (no tickets matching my request)

But if go in as a none member, I can get the ticket I want

Any idea what this means? Are we not able to use our bar code to get a GA ticket?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:I've just tried to book a GA ticket on-line to be on the safe side and can't get one (no tickets matching my request)

But if go in as a none member, I can get the ticket I want

Any idea what this means? Are we not able to use our bar code to get a GA ticket?
That's the problem I have been having with ticketmaster, if I add a barcode and search for GA nothing has been coming up since Monday evening. It comes up with the same "no tickets matching request"

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:... Are we not able to use our bar code to get a GA ticket?
My assumption would be only if you are a 16 game member, in which case you only pay the booking fee. Otherwise, again my assumption is, an 11 game member just gets a non member GA ticket. I would have thought that going through the member drop down box should produce this result, but as we have noted in the past, the Ticketmaster site is hopeless in dealing with such complexities.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Superboot wrote:... Are we not able to use our bar code to get a GA ticket?
My assumption would be only if you are a 16 game member, in which case you only pay the booking fee. Otherwise, again my assumption is, an 11 game member just gets a non member GA ticket. I would have thought that going through the member drop down box should produce this result, but as we have noted in the past, the Ticketmaster site is hopeless in dealing with such complexities.
It is a strange one. I am going with my in-laws (Carlton supporters) so I am booking their tickets as well. They have a Carlton membership (so their home game) and when I add their barcodes, I am still not able to reserve GA tickets and get the same message. I will be ringing ticketmaster shortly, the likelyhood is that all the GA tickets will sell out before this evening and we will all miss out.

Superboot
SS Life Member

I'm a 16 game member and can't get a GA ticket going through the members link. I can only get one by going through the non-member link and paying $28.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:I'm a 16 game member and can't get a GA ticket going through the members link. I can only get one by going through the non-member link and paying $28.
In which case you will need to 'phone them, and tell them that you tried the on line approach and it didn't work (this sometimes means they waive the 'phone fee) or go to a Ticketmaster outlet.

Superboot
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:
Superboot wrote:I'm a 16 game member and can't get a GA ticket going through the members link. I can only get one by going through the non-member link and paying $28.
In which case you will need to 'phone them, and tell them that you tried the on line approach and it didn't work (this sometimes means they waive the 'phone fee) or go to a Ticketmaster outlet.
I've just done that (phoned up) and, after spending 5 minutes getting advice, the sales consultant told that me that the only way to get in is either to swipe your membership card or pay the full price for a ticket.

I was told that I CAN NOT give up my bar code and pay the booking fee. So I went ahead and bought the ticket.

I've therefore just payed for a GA ticket for a game I had already paid to get in to.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Ok, now a further update.

I've just called the Membership Dept at the club to be told that the information I was given by Ticketmaster is correct. Because it's not a ticketed game, you can't give up your bar code to get a GA seat.

From what I can gather, then, information provided in this thread earler in the week that looks as if it was issued by the club was incorrect.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like a schamozzle. I wonder if anyone on the board has got a GA ticket with their 16 game barcode.

I must confess, I gave up on Ticketmaster online and on 'phone a long time ago and found a Ticketmaster outlet where the person knows exactly what she is doing so I can get my favourite seats.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Well, the irony of this is that in the case of high-demand games, members are actually better off if the game is ticketed.

The membership ticket doesn't guarantee you a seat at any game (we all know that). But for a ticketed game you can reserve a seat for the cost of the booking fee, and hence be assured of getting in.

For a non-ticketed game the only way to ensure admission is to pay the full price.

Something seriously wrong with the system and I wonder why no-one has thought of this before and sorted it out.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

You can use your membership barcode and purchase a level 3 reserved seat, I did this yesterday. You will only pay the booking fee but obviously lose the advantage of knowing you can walk up and find a seat where you want.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Very very rarely is the match entirely sold out.

For 16 game members who are happy with a standing room spot, just get there early & scan in (then grab a pass out & head to the pub!).

If you're an 11 game member just get there early & but a GA ticket at the box office.

Gates usually open at 4.30-5.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Saint_Ash wrote:You can use your membership barcode and purchase a level 3 reserved seat, I did this yesterday. You will only pay the booking fee but obviously lose the advantage of knowing you can walk up and find a seat where you want.
Well, the plot thickens. Why don't Ticketmaster tell you this when you phone them?!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Having trouble booking just one general admission ticket....

Does this mean they are all sold out?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Well, im fine as i am 16 game, aswell as CS, but my dad needs a cheap ticket to get in and then he sits with me in the CS? should i pre purchase something tonight? we are getting there at 5

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Well, im fine as i am 16 game, aswell as CS, but my dad needs a cheap ticket to get in and then he sits with me in the CS? should i pre purchase something tonight? we are getting there at 5
Thats the point there isnt any for your Dad unless he is a 16 game member.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

backfromUSA posted in another thread that he has some tix for sale I think..perhaps a PM to him might be in order

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St.Carl
Club Player

Too late!

No GA or reserved seats available online (Ticketmaster). There were some standing room tickets an hour ago (8.30pm) but these might not last long.

St Carl
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St.Carl wrote:Too late!

No GA or reserved seats available online (Ticketmaster). There were some standing room tickets an hour ago (8.30pm) but these might not last long.
Just got some standing room tickets.....

s*** im luckly i brought those.....

casey scorp
Club Player

I didn't realise there was such a ticket - I just got a couple as well.

How do they stop SR ticket holders walking up to the 3rd level and sitting in the unreserved seats (or do they emply more staff to check tickets on the ramp)?

kezza
Club Player

Superboot wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
I've just done that (phoned up) and, after spending 5 minutes getting advice, the sales consultant told that me that the only way to get in is either to swipe your membership card or pay the full price for a ticket.

I was told that I CAN NOT give up my bar code and pay the booking fee. So I went ahead and bought the ticket.

I've therefore just payed for a GA ticket for a game I had already paid to get in to.
I am a Carlton member and yesterday i put in my barcode (for 8 others with memberships) and got tickets on level 3 in bay 32 for the price of the booking fee ($3.60). Everyone are very confused.