R12 StKilda v Harvey's Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Interesting interview with Brett Voss before the Lions game where he and Aussie Jones were talking about the timing of a possible St Kilda premiership VS the feelings of a recently retired R. Harvey.
Got the impression both would like to see the Saints win in 2010 rather than 12 months after the great man played his last game.
I would prefer we win both.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
saintly
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:Harvey's gone. He now works for the enemy. So he deserves the same lack of love as any other opposition coach.

Until such time as he returns, and will be duly forgiven. :lol:

Make no mistake, he'll be doing everything he can to help them win. So the gloves are off IMO.

If you seriously suffer from emotional trauma when you see him in navy blue... then either get a hobby, or get some therapy.
Spot on. he wants to work for the cheats, he cops it.

He is no longer St.Kilda, he is the enemy. Just like SOS is the enemy of the Blues.

I wont boo him (how pathetic to boo an assistant coach FFS) but wont fawn at his feet.

He is gone, he is NOT the STKFC, he was a part of it but I support the team not any past player who is not at the club anymore.
agree on this.

he does not work for stkilda . he will be telling the blues the weaknesses of the saints players. he is not part of the saints anymore.

he was a great player for us

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Its a wonder the media has not made more of the harvey vs SOS relationship.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:Harvey's gone. He now works for the enemy. So he deserves the same lack of love as any other opposition coach.

Make no mistake, he'll be doing everything he can to help them win. So the gloves are off IMO.

If you seriously suffer from emotional trauma when you see him in navy blue... then either get a hobby, or get some therapy.

He is no longer St.Kilda, he is the enemy. Just like SOS is the enemy of the Blues.

I wont boo him (how pathetic to boo an assistant coach FFS) but wont fawn at his feet.

He is gone, he is NOT the STKFC, he was a part of it but I support the team not any past player who is not at the club anymore.
Another quality Joffa post :roll: I guess he should of retired from all forms of football huh?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Another quality Joffa post :roll: I guess he should of retired from all forms of football huh?
What is wrong with the post. Excellent post by JB. I said it last year that we worry to much about individuals at the Saints. Now we are playing as a team and that certainly has nothing to do with Banger leaving but it seems there is less hero worship this year which is a good thing for us. Harvs was a Saints champion but at the moment he should be treated like any other assistant coach.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

What is wrong with the post. Excellent post by JB. I said it last year that we worry to much about individuals at the Saints. Now we are playing as a team and that certainly has nothing to do with Banger leaving but it seems there is less hero worship this year which is a good thing for us. Harvs was a Saints champion but at the moment he should be treated like any other assistant coach.
Another Joffa suckarse hey??

The fact is, the guy is a St.Kilda legend and he chooses to see what it's like to work with another club after decades working and committing himself to one club. Why is that so mysterious??? Why the hell wouldn't he want to work with another club and see what's on the other side of the fence?? WHY???

You people who are constantly whinging and whinging about club legends moving on with their lives only show how SHALLOW you really are! Get a grip, move on and have some friggin' respect! "BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WORK FOR A BUNCH OF CHEATS"!!!!!! Absolutely pathetic! The only low-life scum-bags I can see are the filth to type such f*king tripe!!!!!!

Who the hell are you to question what career moves Harvey decides to make???? Just because he works in another division/team doesn't lessen his status. It's not St.Kilda Vs Harvey FFS!

Excellent post!??????? You're a joke!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

The fact is, the guy is a St.Kilda legend and he chooses to see what it's like to work with another club after decades working and committing himself to one club. Why is that so mysterious??? Why the hell wouldn't he want to work with another club and see what's on the other side of the fence?? WHY???

You people who are constantly whinging and whinging about club legends moving on with their lives only show how SHALLOW you really are! Get a grip, move on and have some friggin' respect! "BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WORK FOR A BUNCH OF CHEATS"!!!!!! Absolutely pathetic! The only low-life scum-bags I can see are the filth to type such f*king tripe!!!!!!

Who the hell are you to question what career moves Harvey decides to make????
So...are you agreeing with Joffa then?

JB's absolutely 100% bang on the money IMO...why bother looking in the rearview mirror at past champions when we've got a budding team of legends right now? I wouldn't give Harv's a sideways glance...his job at the Scum doesn't diminish his standing at St Kilda one iota, but he doesn't work for us anymore.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Who the hell are you to question what career moves Harvey decides to make????
Please if you are going to post at least make some sense. I dont think anyone is worried he is working at Carlton. I certainly am not. I am glad he has another job in footy. I dont care if club legends move on. All for it. You obviously dont understand that I dont want individual legends anymore. The next legends I want to see at our club are 22 guys who won the 2009 flag. We have hero worshipped for to long at this club because of lack of success. Time to move on.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
JB's absolutely 100% bang on the money IMO...why bother looking in the rearview mirror at past champions when we've got a budding team of legends right now? I wouldn't give Harv's a sideways glance...his job at the Scum doesn't diminish his standing at St Kilda one iota, but he doesn't work for us anymore.

I won’t pander to the self-gratifying JB posts, if I did I’d be too busy wacking myself off instead of having any respect for one of our greatest champions and tarring him unfairly with a Carlton brush. It’s bloody poor form IMO and simply shows the shallowness of some of our typical Saintsationals’ posters! Poor form! AND uneducated!

plugger66 wrote: Please if you are going to post at least make some sense.
There is no PLEASE about it! If you can’t make sense of what I’ve written then maybe you’ve mixed up the Saints forum with the Magpies one. It’s in plain English pal! How do I spell it out?? (how old are you????) Respect= our longest serving player, who out of everyone bled more blood than you’ve pissed your pants when you were a toddler. Who gives a flying F*** if he’s wearing navy friggin’ blue???? Why is this even a topic??? Let’s bag out Harvey…because he works for the Blues let’s give it to him. How is that rolling with you?? Comfortably??? Stop defending a shithouse post, it doesn’t smell any better the more you keep harping on about it!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
degruch wrote:

I won’t pander to the self-gratifying JB posts, if I did I’d be too busy wacking myself off instead of having any respect for one of our greatest champions and tarring him unfairly with a Carlton brush. It’s bloody poor form IMO and simply shows the shallowness of some of our typical Saintsationals’ posters! Poor form! AND uneducated!

:lol:

Well, he spelt it out in (typically) sensational form...but I read from JB that "Harvs works for the Blues, not at St Kilda, so he is the enemy, move on"...but I didn't read "he's a snivelling piece of s*** that doesn't deserve our respect". Maybe I'm not reading between the lines? Myself, I'm not blubbering over my keyboard because he doesn't love us anymore...so many are, no wonder he doesn't want to work for us!

He was a legend, no doubt. So, good luck to Harvs and his new endevours...may the best team win, as long as it's us.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: He was a legend, no doubt. So, good luck to Harvs and his new endevours...may the best team win, as long as it's us.
;) I'll drink to that

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
degruch wrote:

plugger66 wrote: Please if you are going to post at least make some sense.
There is no PLEASE about it! If you can’t make sense of what I’ve written then maybe you’ve mixed up the Saints forum with the Magpies one. It’s in plain English pal! How do I spell it out?? (how old are you????) Respect= our longest serving player, who out of everyone bled more blood than you’ve pissed your pants when you were a toddler. Who gives a flying F*** if he’s wearing navy friggin’ blue???? Why is this even a topic??? Let’s bag out Harvey…because he works for the Blues let’s give it to him. How is that rolling with you?? Comfortably??? Stop defending a shithouse post, it doesn’t smell any better the more you keep harping on about it!
And this again doesnt make sense. Jb didnt say he couldnt work at Carlton. Please read what people have said not what you think they said before responding.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: And this again doesnt make sense. Jb didnt say he couldnt work at Carlton. Please read what people have said not what you think they said before responding.
Okay.....for the 3rd and last time.......what part of "he wants to work for cheats" sits well with you??? Why the F*** wouldn't that get any St.Kilda supporter irrate???? please explain...please do!!

Are you JB's love-child??? You defend his ass like you are??

Milton66
SS Life Member

Actually, Joffa replied to my post.

I think you're either getting a bit precious of 35 or simply attacking JB.

No one disrespects 35. But the facts are that he is an opposition coach who's coaching against us tonight.

So, it's basically war, and at this time, he's in the enemy camp. We all wish him well. as long as they lose.

Let's not get hung up about an individual. Part of the reason our history is less than mediocre is that there were too many individuals bigger then the club. And that isn't a slight against 35, because he was the heart of this team for so long.

The point I made, and that JB and P66 agree is that we should no longer worship individuals.

For all the ranting and dissing everytime some refers to 35 as anything other than the reincarnation of God himself is pathetic, and the great 35 would be the first to agree with what we're saying.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
starsign
Club Player

I recon we are well ahead tonight on The Harvey factor anyway!
We have a number of blokes who have taken giant steps over the last 12 months or so and his influence on the way they have developed can't be underestimated
The effect of having had time alongside this champ and seen how he actually went about training , preparing himself and playing has been profound on many of them , and they don't mind admitting it
We will see that benefits from this greatly outway whatever he may be telling the opposition about any so called "weaknesses" out there tonight I have no fear about that

The carlton midfield have merely had half a season of listening to what he has to offer them through his midfield experience
Whereas our blokes have had the benefit of training and playing alongside the champ and there experience first hand has led to many unashamadly admitting they have modeled the way they have tried to go about things from Harves and on that knowlege they have gained

(Not to even mention the absolutely fabulous work that SOS has done with our backhalf leads me to think we are very well ahead at the moment on both scores)

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Actually, Joffa replied to my post.

I think you're either getting a bit precious of 35 or simply attacking JB.

No one disrespects 35. But the facts are that he is an opposition coach who's coaching against us tonight.

So, it's basically war, and at this time, he's in the enemy camp. We all wish him well. as long as they lose.

Let's not get hung up about an individual. Part of the reason our history is less than mediocre is that there were too many individuals bigger then the club. And that isn't a slight against 35, because he was the heart of this team for so long.

The point I made, and that JB and P66 agree is that we should no longer worship individuals.

For all the ranting and dissing everytime some refers to 35 as anything other than the reincarnation of God himself is pathetic, and the great 35 would be the first to agree with what we're saying.
I know where you are coming from, but you're wrong!

We all hear on here TIME & TIME again, that St.Kilda is bigger than any ONE player...but here we are, in this thread, saying exactly the opposite!

Why on earth are we having a crack at Harvs???? What's the point? That's my opinion on this matter and the main reason I'm a little hot under the collar about it!

Do you think, a professional player, with a professional attitude should take a step backwards from playing against his old team??? I friggin' doubt it!! Why would he?

Let's remove the angst against Harvs, and understand his professional attitude to the game! Should Carlton beat us tonight, it won't be merely because of Robert Harvey, it'll be because 22 players were capable of pulling off some miraculous ground work against us!

Again, it's not St.Kilda against Robert Harvey. There should never be any resentment that he works for an opposition team ....certainly not after giving SO MUCH to our beloved club! It's as simple as that! No grudges! No disrepect!

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

It was interesting to see Harvey's Blues compared to Soss's Saints, given they are both assistants.

I reckon Harvey would have been entirely professional in using what past knowlegde he could to seek to undermine any potential deficiencies in the team or game plan.

I also reckon that he would have finished the night with a smug self-satisfaction that in spite of bringing any information he could, and working hard to help Carlton throw everything at us that he/they could, the Saints still came out on top.

Anything Harvey could have brought to the table to undermine us in the end makes us stronger as our boys showed the guts and determination to hold out the enemy anyway. We have ultimately gained from any inside information Harvey might have had.

Maybe a strange night emotionally for Harves - but a great result for us and I think deep down for Harves too.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hawkesbury Saint wrote:It was interesting to see Harvey's Blues compared to Soss's Saints, given they are both assistants.

I reckon Harvey would have been entirely professional in using what past knowlegde he could to seek to undermine any potential deficiencies in the team or game plan.

I also reckon that he would have finished the night with a smug self-satisfaction that in spite of bringing any information he could, and working hard to help Carlton throw everything at us that he/they could, the Saints still came out on top.

Anything Harvey could have brought to the table to undermine us in the end makes us stronger as our boys showed the guts and determination to hold out the enemy anyway. We have ultimately gained from any inside information Harvey might have had.

Maybe a strange night emotionally for Harves - but a great result for us and I think deep down for Harves too.
I would really hope Harvey was upset with the loss otherwise he shouldnt be coaching another club.

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Fair enough Plugger.

I just think the guy is only human and the past does count for something.

Nevertheless I take your point.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.