Wipe the smile from Bomber's face

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Wipe the smile from Bomber's face

I'm supremely confident we'll take the banjo pluckers this week. One thing I would like to see is the saints wipe that supercilious grin off Thompson's face. Fair dinkum, has there ever been a luckier coach in the history of the game? After 7 and a bit years, he had a less than 50% win/loss ratio and was about 1-2 losses away from getting the sack. Fortunately for the Geelong Football Club and its supporters, the players decided to take responsibility for their results and things turned around for them.

Meanwhile, our hero "bomber" was still busy messing around with a female staff member. The rest, as they say, is history. I can't help thinking that he had little influence over what happened in 2007. I think we saw the real "bomber" in action on Grand final day last year. Arrogant and overconfident, when the heat was applied (as it will be Sunday) he wilted and then went into complete meltdown. The ledger is at best square for him. Won one and definitely lost them one.

His smug attitude is clearly expressed in his press conferences and atm he has the luxury of coaching a very talented group. Furthermore, he is surrounded by some great football people. If the cats don't win the flag this year, he will rightfully claim the title of the greatest coaching f***up of all time. So, it's "bomber" and his players who are under enormous pressure to deliver. Time will tell if they become the "greatest team of all", as they pretend to be atm, or if they will be the "greatest chokers of all".

This Sunday will be the first time since GF day last year that the puddy tatts will face the heat of complete defensive pressure. I for one doubt they can handle it.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

The nick name "Sh1t Lips" comes to mind whenever I see his face.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The only way you could literally "wipe the smile" from Bomber's lips is with some sort of heating device: eg, a blowtorch.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Would love to wipe the smile off, but not sure about the "lucky" tag.

I always recall Daicos, the initiator of the kicks that are commonplace now.

Towards the end of his career I recall a journo sking him if he thought he was lucky with his kicks, he replied "yes, and the more I practice, the luckier I get"

Bomber has a well drilled team, and has been able to cover the injuries with depth.

Batnoe

I hate people with fat lips
Last edited by Batnoe on Tue 30 Jun 2009 6:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

f***, he is one UGLY unit isnt he. He is a smug prick for sure, so that being the case, I WILL take cheap shots at him.

Besides that, we all know what he has been up to .

StSteven
Club Player

Obviously this thread is written by people with areal understanding and love of football. When comments like "fat lips" are the main criticism of the opposition coach.
Like it or not Bomber Thompson has taken the Geelong Football Club to heights that we only dreamed of. It is now up to us to deliver. To talk of them being a failure for winning only 1 premiership reflects more on our lack of performance. We claimed we had a better list and we haven't won any yet.

Let's start reversing that this Sunday. But please some respect for those who have achieved.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Bloody good coach and bloody good team, though.

Forgetting about the strip they wear, I really enjoy watching them play.

That said, they have been allowed by the umps to stand for too long in tackles and look to get the ball away a la the rugby codes (but others - eg, Buckley - got away with this too).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:The only way you could literally "wipe the smile" from Bomber's lips is with some sort of heating device: eg, a blowtorch.
I personally would rather take a heavy object (e.g sledgehammer, snow shovel, cricket bat wrapped in barbed wire) myself. But its a personal choice :)

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum