So what DID Scarlett say to Harves after last year's final?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.Rob8
Club Player

So what DID Scarlett say to Harves after last year's final?

While I respect the Cats, I never liked their style off the field. Goes back to G. Ablett clocking a young Nathan Burke in the Semi in 91 and Pretty Perm Hocking gutlessly wiping out Harves at 3/4 qtr time at Pussy Park in 96 when the great man was simply walking off the ground. Harves reaction to Scarletts sledge after last years Qualifying Final was so uncharacteristic of Sir Robert, yet it was quickly swept under the carpet. Time to maintain the rage, Does anyone know what was said?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: So what DID Scarlett say to Harves after last year's fin

St.Rob8 wrote:Does anyone know what was said?
"robert, you'll never see a premiership".

karma got him a few weeks later.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

you've wasted your career old man

ace
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:you've wasted your career old man
"If you want to win a premiership you have got to be prepared to pay the AFL"

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
skeptic wrote:you've wasted your career old man
"If you want to win a premiership you have got to be prepared to pay the AFL"
Excellent response.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to burst bubbles, but I was told our man Harvey was the one who instigated the argument having spent a significant portion of the afternoon yelling abuse at whatever Geelong player was within earshot...As he should I might add!

Scarlett may well have said 'you'll never win a flag, old man', but when read in the context of Harvey's alleged behaviour, what had occurred in '07, and the fact that Harvey in the end did not win a premiership, I'd suggest it was a pretty decent sledge.

Harvey was no shrinking violet...

And he did go to Carlton... :(

I think the earlier incidents (Burke '91, Harvey '96) are probably more substantive historical motivational tools.

kaos theory
Club Player

thinline - Point is that scarlett initiated the abuse AFTER the game finished.

All is fair in the heat of the battle, BUT once the game ends, you are supposed to shake hands, leave it on the field, and move on.

If the dog scarlett hurled abuse at harvs after the siren, than that's a low act.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Fair point, Kaos.

Depending of course that Harvey was silent after the siren. Who knows? He may well have copped what he deserved...

I don't know...

Can't remember what happened when...

iceman
Club Player

speaking of arrogance, i think it was Mackie, or someone similar, i.e. not a top line gun was being smart against the roos and asked Scarleet if 'we get 4 or just 2 points for beating the roos' in front of their opponents, it's this type of arrogance that i can't wait to smack out of them...

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Players sledging each other. Wacko!!

I'm sure our boys would never do anything as dastardly as that!!

I would have thought that the fact most of the Geelong players now have premiership medallions and they don't would be more than enough motivation for the likes of Roo, Kosi, Milne, Dal, Lenny, Ball, Joey, Sam F, Bakes, Max, Blake and etc.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:thinline - Point is that scarlett initiated the abuse AFTER the game finished.

All is fair in the heat of the battle, BUT once the game ends, you are supposed to shake hands, leave it on the field, and move on.

If the dog scarlett hurled abuse at harvs after the siren, than that's a low act.
It was low enough for his Geelong teammates to go and try and get him away and others to apparently run up to Harves and apoplogize.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

see other thread that i found from last year.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's between Harves and Scarlett as far as I'm concerned.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Sorry to burst bubbles, but I was told our man Harvey was the one who instigated the argument having spent a significant portion of the afternoon yelling abuse at whatever Geelong player was within earshot...As he should I might add!
Actually I dont belive that.

The most acurate story ive heard is that Scarlett and some other Cats were upset that Harvey attempted to tackle Brent Prismall after he had done his knee and was on the ground.

Having seen the footage Harvey would have been totally unaware that Prismall was injured and was only trying to apply pressure to an opponent. But dont ever let the truth get in the way of a good story eh? :wink:

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Beekay
SS Life Member

kaos theory wrote: All is fair in the heat of the battle, BUT once the game ends, you are supposed to shake hands, leave it on the field, and move on.

what a load of shiite.

all is fair? absolutely anything? and you just drop it and shake the guys hand at the end of the game?

that's ridiculous.. if it gets personal, then I wouldn't wanna touch the hand of some complete tosser. don't sook about it of course, and sledging is fine, but you don't have to shake the hand of someone who you don't respect and think is a very average human being.

for instance, when greg stafford sunk his knees into one of our players a few years back, i wouldn't have shook his hand after the game.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote: for instance, when greg stafford sunk his knees into one of our players a few years back, i wouldn't have shook his hand after the game.
Jason Blake i believe

shame too coz he was in career best form at the time as a secondary ruck and didn't come back the same player

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I remember Billy Brownless saying that his understanding was that Scarlett had said to Harvey "you wont be playing us again this year", pretty much what everyone thought he said. But Harvey's response was something along the lines of "you're all so arrogant, you wont win the grand final anyway".

A pretty even sledge really, though history shows that Scarlet ended up with a bit more egg on his face at the end of it all!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.