Saints In Sydney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterX
Club Player

Saints In Sydney

I am going up to Sydney this weekend. Will many places be showing our game on Sunday live up there? If so where is my best bet?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

It will be live on Main Event for the Northern states.

Safest bets are Club Swan in Kings Cross, they pride themselves on being the AFL pub of Sydney that show almost every game live. Also, the Alexandria Hotel which is a five minute walk from Redfern station, which is where the Harbour City Saints meet to watch our beloved Saints!

Since this is the biggest match of the season, I doubt you will have trouble finding a pub that's showing it. Even if they're not, just ask them to put it on. As long as they have a sports channel subscription they will be able to show it. If they get defensive if you mention it's on Main Event, remind them that it's not a pay-per-view showing, but a complimentary showing for those who subscribe to the Foxtel sports package.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
doppler effect
Club Player

You might want to ring up the pub/club that you intend on watching the match. Swans will also be playing on Sunday and chances are that most places in the heart of Sydney will be showing the swans game

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I've never been to an interstate match... am considering flying up for this one...

Anyone got a recommendation for a half-decent motel not too far from the grounds?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

From memory there's a few cheaper motels near Randwick racecourse that are pretty close to the ground.

Otherwise just get on wotif.com.au a few days before the game & grab a cheap special (that's what I'm going to do).

SainterX
Club Player

Thankyou my friends. I will check out Club Swan in Kings Cross, and if I cannot get there I will phone ahead. :D

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Saint Mick
Club Player

The Alexandria is your best bet - it is the home of the Saints NSW based supporters club and usually a few Saints get down there kitted out to yell at the tele. Failing that, it will definitely be on at the Forest Lodge which is on Arundel St, Forest Lodge (just off Parramatta Rd near Sydney Uni). A few of the lads from my footy club will be watching it there - I'll be the loud one wearing the Saints jumper!