Recharging and rebooting for the last eight rounds

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Recharging and rebooting for the last eight rounds

That Cats game must have used up some fuel, both physically and mentally.

How does the group refresh itself after that?

Hardly ideal heading to Subiaco...

Or maybe it actually is - getting away from the Melbo-centricity of a much awaited blockbuster to the relative anonymity of ladder leader vs potential tanker...

Thoughts anyone?

I, for one, am a little edgy about Sunday's game. Yes, we match up well (even if they do play Cox and Kerr), but geez it must be tough to get yourself up after a game like last week's classic.

How would they approach things?

I suspect the motivation of holding number one spot is one thing that would keep them fired up. So too competition for spots in the starting 22.

Any other ideas?

james rose
Club Player

You got it right.

Competition for spots- the best reason not to change the line up- the team knows delivering the result keeps almost all of them in the team.

StSteven
Club Player

I was wondering something similar except I was concerned about injuries. Word is many of the Geelong boys are "sore". Are any of ours unlikely to get up for this week?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

It'd be nice if they could make up for that bloody disaster over there last year, especially for WA Sainters...Gardi should be motivated.

Other than that, I'd be pretty pumped at the idea of a perfect season, knocking off the Weagles would be one step further. The Cats are a good chance to drop a second in Brissy too, so putting some space between them and us, whilst having the Dogs nipping at their heals, would be nice...although hardly a motivating factor.

The idea of 'resting' some of our players, or rather, giving some fresh legs a run, can only help increase the drive for a regular position in the team.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The boys have just come back from a break, which surely would have helped in the rest stakes? I think we will recover from the match OK, don't forget players like Lenny are pulled back from training too hard these days....

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Light week.

More recovery sessions than actual training.

Our midweek sessions have been light as a feather all year anyway.

Mentally, I think that they are in the right place. Last week really was
just another game.

MUST beat West Coast this week to consolidate in my opinion.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
HarveysDeciple

Very confident, will smash eagles, with all due respect to them.

Just a feeling, I understand the concerns entirely, and yes it's never easy going over their, but we'll kill them IMO.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

If we're going to win the flag, we're going to have to come up three times in a row from big games, so this will be a good chance to rehearse. Adding the travel increases the degree of difficulty, but fortunately the opposition isn't first class. I'm sure RL and his team have things well planned out. It could be the "lightest" week on the track of all time. In Ross we trust! Must admit the way the weagles grow an extra leg at home has me a little apprrehensive. Good test for the side.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

On the other hand, we now know what sort of effort is required to play against top class opposition. Hopefully the boys are in the zone and their confidence is up. Usually it's injuries that unsettle a team. Fortunately we don't have any. The boys are starting to play like a well oiled machine at the moment. They know what to do, even when they've got the foot off the pedal.

IN years gone by, we'd take the foot off the pedal and then stack the bloody the car. THis year feels different. They will be tired and a bit bruised, but once the game gets going I'm confident they will kick into gear.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Recovery this week would be lots of early morning dips at Port Melbourne. With the temperature hovering around ZERO it should stimulate blood flow to the important parts of the body :roll: :wink: !!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

lets hope they focus on the confidence.

their work ethic was brilliant against the cats, even those who didn't score 'big points' on the various codes were throwing their bodies, coralling the opposition, chasing, tacking, shepherding, throwing themselves on the boots of the oppositions etc.

5% off and you get the first quarter against the tigers.

I don't think we were even in top gear when we spanked them in the second and third quarters.

also i think the cats game and the carlton game were two games where it didn't look like the saints had anything in the tank at the end.

every other game it seemed to me, (maybe illusion) that the sainters had another quarter in them.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
linz
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Recovery this week would be lots of early morning dips at Port Melbourne. With the temperature hovering around ZERO it should stimulate blood flow to the important parts of the body :roll: :wink: !!
Good point or rather droop.

I like Lyon's and Rooey's uncompromising pursuit for excellence. We have to keep improving and let's face it we'll need to if Johnson & Ottens come back for the ferals.

I love the pusuit for excellence line though. We no longer look at the score board. We look at stats.
If we win on the stats board we invariably win on the scoreboard, SIMPLE REALLY!!

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.