When will we get due credit?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

When will we get due credit?

With respect to everyone on here, we actually lost the game. That is if you read the media reports, listen to the whining and sniping from Scarlett and Thompson about the umpiring etc. "The best", one though comes from this week's Inside Football. Some genius called Mick Ellis wrote the following, and I quote, "Minus Ottens and Johnson, and at the Docklands, we're scoring that an MCG win to the Cats, but they know it won't be easy." What on earth is an "MCG win", when the game was played at the Docklands? This must take the biscuit for drawing the longest bow since the Battle of Agincourt. And this clown probably gets paid to write this shyte.

To invoke a great old Australian colloquialism, "Strewth!" What does this St Kilda side have to do to get due credit?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Win a GF and hopefully it will be this year. Sorry it better be this year.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 08 Jul 2009 5:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I thought this was supposed to be a competition, and now there is finally a competitor.....they don't seem very excited about it huh

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Did you actually read what he said.

Why the insecurity re the credit.....

saint4life
HarveysDeciple

Yeah exactly...you can't look at a game and say "if we transposed that to another venue we would beat you". It's a load of garbage.

The only facts that came out of the game are, St.Kilda won, and the gap between the two sides is far closer then it was 10 months ago.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Win a GF and hopefully it will be this year.
Unfortunately...and fortunately, yes! I can't wait...it will be the largest novelty-size extended middle finger to the football media in the history of the VFL/AFL.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: When will we get due credit?

White Winmar wrote:What does this St Kilda side have to do to get due credit?
win the flag.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Is that rag still in publication?

thats what I am amazed about.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Is that rag still in publication?

Come on JB. The editor is a great Saints man.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well he is in the media so he must hate us.

Stands to reason doesn't it?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Who cares - we will go about our business as well as we can. Everyone else can keep talking about all the other teams. Better for us.

Supporters and the club need to give credit where and when it's due.

Our time will come.

Everyone else can get stuffed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well it does on here. What happens when HD becomes a fully fledged Journalist. Will he be the first moderator who is a troll.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well it does on here. What happens when HD becomes a fully fledged Journalist. Will he be the first moderator who is a troll.
He will automatically hate us or not get membership to the journo Union.

Will have to be killed once he is fully fledged.

Sorry HD.

Lance or James??

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

What has winning the flag got to do with writing a supposedly objective account/opinion about Sunday's game? Agree entirely about winning a flag to get credibility, but this is a direct comment about a particular game! Chook23 I did read what he wrote and it just doesn't make sense. "If your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle", type of logic. Please explain to me what an "MCG" win is. BTW no mention of King and Hudghton being out. Ironically they would probably have been the direct opponents of Ottens and Johnson. Neither Max or King are any good apparently, or at least don't warrant a mention.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:What has winning the flag got to do with writing a supposedly objective account/opinion about Sunday's game? Agree entirely about winning a flag to get credibility, but this is a direct comment about a particular game! Chook23 I did read what he wrote and it just doesn't make sense. "If your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle", type of logic. Please explain to me what an "MCG" win is. BTW no mention of King and Hudghton being out. Ironically they would probably have been the direct opponents of Ottens and Johnson. Neither Max or King are any good apparently, or at least don't warrant a mention.
i wouldn't worry about what this reporter says. it's good to be flying under the radar. the respect will come if we can win it this year.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:i wouldn't worry about it. it's good to be flying under the radar. the respect will come if we can win it this year.
You know, I've got the funny feeling it never will...but...f*** 'em. In the meanwhile, if wee could get a bigger :roll: emoticon for any references to the media, that'd be great.

I'm with WW, I can't understand how some of these guys have the nerve to stick their hand out for their wages at the end of the week...it's likely a high school kid could write more balanced accounts of the facts.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

That's exactly my point Degruch. I don't think there is a conspiracy of hate in the media for St Kilda. It's just when you get paid to do something and purport to be a professional, surely we the paying and reading public have the right to expect a bit better than that crap.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Even Robert Shaw said today he had a theory that Bomber deliberately left out Steve Johnston to show us they had a ace up their sleeve come finals time, FFS, never heard such nonsense ever about other clubs :roll:

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Even Robert Shaw said today he had a theory that Bomber deliberately left out Steve Johnston to show us they had a ace up their sleeve come finals time, FFS, never heard such nonsense ever about other clubs :roll:
Yes I agree about that. Shawy was way off course there.

backit
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Even Robert Shaw said today he had a theory that Bomber deliberately left out Steve Johnston to show us they had a ace up their sleeve come finals time, FFS, never heard such nonsense ever about other clubs :roll:
And that is why he is likely to miss this week as well so Brisbane will be fooled into a false sense of security in case they have to meet the cats in the finals. Geez another dud commentator

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
He's only been sucked in by Thompson's own pre-match mind games..."We thought about holding something back blah, blah, blah...", which indicates a failure to read between the lines of "We know the heat's gonna be too much when we lose, so we're laying the ground-work for the conspiracy theorists right now". Poor journalism.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
win the flag.

Yep that would do it, and its the only thing that will shut them up. In the mean time enjoy the fact that we won, and the press and geeeelong are spewin about it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

STILLWAITING wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
win the flag.

Yep that would do it, and its the only thing that will shut them up. In the mean time enjoy the fact that we won, and the press and geeeelong are spewin about it
I understand why geelong would be upset but why the press. It makes no sense.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He's only been sucked in by Thompson's own pre-match mind games..."We thought about holding something back blah, blah, blah...", which indicates a failure to read between the lines of "We know the heat's gonna be too much when we lose, so we're laying the ground-work for the conspiracy theorists right now". Poor journalism.
Even if the media believed Bomber would not play someone to keep something up his sleeve, they do not know Steve Johnson very well at all.

I am sure he would happily co-operate in missing a chance to boost his brownlow medal chances, and then miss again this week as to avoid any conspiracy theories....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Even if the media believed Bomber would not play someone to keep something up his sleeve, they do not know Steve Johnson very well at all.

I am sure he would happily co-operate in missing a chance to boost his brownlow medal chances, and then miss again this week as to avoid any conspiracy theories....
His form the 2 weeks prior wasn't much to get excited over anyway, I'm not sure why he was guaranteed to kick 6 goals against the leagues stingiest backline???