Neil Craig's post-game comment. LOL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Neil Craig's post-game comment. LOL

"The scoreboard was starting to drift and drift and drift so we made a decision, just to try and get the ball in our hands for a period of time, because we couldn't even get it, just to see what sort of football we were using, whether it was a Sherrin or a Faulkner."

:lol: :lol:

Love Neil Craig. :D

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Priceless ,,, love that comment.

Now am I going soft ? I go onto opp boards on bigfooty and actually thought the Crows fans were a rather intelligent and well behaved lot.

Left me wondering about the Crows people Grand Final morning 97 walking around the city spitting at me and my partner , one little old lady lost her teeth doing it . The same people hurled abuse and physical violence towards us ,,, young children with them or not ,,, 80% of them were like that on the morning.

So , to go over to the board and see that I was rather surprised.
Well done those men.

Disclaimer: the above comments may or may not be true. If said comments are ever mentioned again in the future the author has the right to claim drug induced alcoholic insanity at the time of writing.

What will be next from this club ?
saint3d
Club Player

VietNam_Saint wrote:drug induced alcoholic insanity
I'm not sure how you get there, but I bet it's fun.

walski
Club Player

Re: Neil Craig's post-game comment. LOL

OLB wrote:"The scoreboard was starting to drift and drift and drift so we made a decision, just to try and get the ball in our hands for a period of time, because we couldn't even get it, just to see what sort of football we were using, whether it was a Sherrin or a Faulkner."

I have a lot of time for Neil Craig like Lyon says it like it is........ Has a lot of footy brains too...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:Left me wondering about the Crows people Grand Final morning 97 walking around the city spitting at me and my partner , one little old lady lost her teeth doing it . The same people hurled abuse and physical violence towards us ,,, young children with them or not ,,, 80% of them were like that on the morning.
Which city? I went into Adelaide, on the night, decked out in all my Saints gear, people bought me drinks and commiserated! Must admit, it was a bloody great night. Having said that...if we'd won, I'd have packed some mace for the trip into town. :?

Top comment from Neil Craig...what can you do, when ya find out your team just isn't up to the grade, have a laugh and start again.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Neil Craig's post-game comment. LOL

walski wrote:
OLB wrote:"The scoreboard was starting to drift and drift and drift so we made a decision, just to try and get the ball in our hands for a period of time, because we couldn't even get it, just to see what sort of football we were using, whether it was a Sherrin or a Faulkner."

I have a lot of time for Neil Craig like Lyon says it like it is........ Has a lot of footy brains too...
Just a genuine, all-round nice bloke too. One of my favourite people in footy, for sure.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:Priceless ,,, love that comment.

Now am I going soft ? I go onto opp boards on bigfooty and actually thought the Crows fans were a rather intelligent and well behaved lot.
I was on the Big Footy boards and happened to go into the game day thread on the Crows board. I noticed a few things that make me disagree with your above comment

1. The constant sooking about the umpires
2. More than 1 poster said he wanted Milne, Kosi and Baker to "do knees" and never play again
3. Mentioned the commentary was biased in our favour :shock:
4. The posters deciding we were "s***" and "overrated" (dispite beating them TWICE this year)
5. One poster even saying Geelong would towel us up when we played them :lol:

There is good and bad in all supporter groups but I read some stuff that made me sick

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:There is good and bad in all supporter groups but I read some stuff that made me sick
You're right mate, takes all types. Unfortunately, as much as I want to hate 'em, I don't know any arsehole Adelaide supporters...yet. Adelaide is the AFL's 'family franchise' for all South Australian's (puke), which covers a large demographic of brainless suburbanites who wouldn't know a footy from a soccer ball, as long as it's Souf Austrine. For them, sportsmanship isn't high on the agenda, so I'm not surprise to see stupid comments like "hope Princess Reeewold does a knee". But, the guys I work with are pretty up on their footy...and strangely quiet this week. 8-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol craigy
funny comment.

i find it weird that crows fans always mention the obvious about milney, and ask roo if he is going to cry every time he goes near the ball.

weird because i dont yell out hows ya misses to bock or ask goodie if he can stick a wager on the game for me every time they get a possie. :?

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Maybe you should matrix. :wink: :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Maybe you should matrix. :wink: :lol:
not my style snoops....
although at the 36ers games it tends to creep in