Game lost at selection table

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moose
SS Hall of Fame

Winmar wrote:What a stupid thread!!
No it's not!!! It has given alot of people to show how little they now about football........

This forum just proves NO ONE knows anything about football......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moose wrote:
Winmar wrote:What a stupid thread!!
No it's not!!! It has given alot of people to show how little they now about football........
Disagree a good selection committee would have ensured we won by 15 goals tonight. Poor effort IMO.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I agree.......a poor selection...

Gwilt <GOP
Eddy <GOP
McEvoy <GOP (at this stage) but a fair inclusion as a second ruck....

No exposure for the accomplished Lynch, or the talented Armitage is not getting an opportunity?????.....

And Goose should just not bother training and start his pre-season early at Carlton...

Riewoldt may have three opponents....his, plus eddy's and Gwilts to contend with.....because they will pay about as much respect to them as England pay to our <GOBowlingAttack
FAIL

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
BigMart wrote:I agree.......a poor selection...

Gwilt <GOP
Eddy <GOP
McEvoy <GOP (at this stage) but a fair inclusion as a second ruck....

No exposure for the accomplished Lynch, or the talented Armitage is not getting an opportunity?????.....

And Goose should just not bother training and start his pre-season early at Carlton...

Riewoldt may have three opponents....his, plus eddy's and Gwilts to contend with.....because they will pay about as much respect to them as England pay to our <GOBowlingAttack
FAIL
Epic.

claystreet
Club Player

Wheres the WOlf Crack today??

YOU FAILED MISERABLY DUDE Image

ace
Saintsational Legend

Yes, lost at the selection table.

The Doggies simply could not select a team of the same class as St Kilda. :D

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
starsign
Club Player

Starsign wrote;
anyone of a number could pop up at FF or CHF for that matter with roo playing deeper

depending on the state of the game....

recon RL has a few tricks up his sleeve this week!!
and why not keep em guessing!
we don't care and we can speculate all we like on here!
The Dempster!!!!

Just knew RL would come up with something
but who would have guessed ...
fantastic , and once he figured out where the goals were....

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Gwilt will play forward....and will be a target and use his body Hamill like.
J. Gwilt - 2 weeks
J Gwilt - 2 goals

Pleasing!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Funny stuff....

I will repeat

Gwilt <GOP
Eddy <GOP
McEvoy <GOP (but improving)

Well played Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal, S.Milne, B.Goddard, S.Gilbert, J.Gram, F.Ray, S.Baker, J.Blake(except the 'brain fades')

Winning teams can have battlers in them......even premiership teams have them :wink:

None of those three are in our best 22.....that is not in doubt...

Gwilt was VG in the first half yesterday....poor after HT.....his selection unsettled the WB defense
McEvoy showed some OK signs
Eddy was Just

Gardner, Koschitzke, Ball, Dawson - will back....

Armo should get a chance, Geary another opportunity

I rate Lynch as better than Gwilt as a player.....and will end up lots better

and there's Maguire

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

perfectionist wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:....
Have the Doggies fixed their turnover tendencies yet?
They have dropped the two players who accounted for about 50% of them the last time we played. Whether that has "fixed" the problem we shall see.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfmatc ... 10506.html

"Incredibly, 12 of St Kilda's 16 goals for the match came directly from Bulldog turnovers, many of which were a direct result of the unrelenting pressure from the well-drilled Saints."

Nup!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
PJ
SS Life Member

Funny stuff....

I will repeat

Gwilt <GOP
Eddy <GOP

Well played Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal, S.Milne, B.Goddard, S.Gilbert, J.Gram, F.Ray, S.Baker, J.Blake(except the 'brain fades')

Winning teams can have battlers in them......even premiership teams have them

Gwilt was VG in the first half yesterday....poor after HT.....his selection unsettled the WB defense
Eddy was Just

and there's Maguire
What an absolute arrogant wanker. You write as if your opinion is gospel and everyone else is beneath you.

Grow up and get your hand out of the twisty packet.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Funny stuff....

I will repeat

Gwilt <GOP
Eddy <GOP

Eddy was Just

and there's Maguire
What an absolute arrogant wanker. You write as if your opinion is gospel and everyone else is beneath you.

Repeat all you like Big Mart...

You are only proving to some here that you are an absolute fool and will never admit you are ever wrong :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Gurgman
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Funny stuff....

I will repeat

Gwilt <GOP
Eddy <GOP

Winning teams can have battlers in them......even premiership teams have them :wink:

Eddy was Just

and there's Maguire
So Gards , Kozi , Ball and Zac back in as well you want Goose , Armo , Geary and Lynch , ?

8 changes , its either Armo or Ball ( same type ) . Lynch will be better than Gwilt for sure but i dont think it will be this year .
I agree that Geary should be in for Eddy but as for Goose , Zac , Max, Blake as well as Nick , Kozi , Big Mac-King , and Gards all in the same time ?
:roll:

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 06 Apr 2010 1:21am, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:Like I said in the other thread... I've been lucky enough to travel in time... I can tell youse all, we win by 6-7 goals. The Doags don't know what hit em. From the first bounce they capitulate.

Lotto results will not be posted here. But - I Lost again. :)

8-) :lol:

:wink: ...pure class mate....pure class.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I see that some still resort to persoanl insults because they can add very little football wise........ a fool, and arrogant wanker......well maybe....

but I will have the courage to give my opinions prior.....rather than sit back like a softcock and trot out I told you so - in hindsight.....in attempt to look like a hero.......if the best thing you can do is prove me wrong (after the event) :roll:

make some actual comment about footy.....rather than just responding to others opinions.....and understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion

here is a few more opinions

Next week
Eddy, McEvoy and most likely Gwilt will make way for Gardiner, Koschitzke and one of Geary/Armo/Ball.......

and like my prediction about Dempster being back in the side inside a month (which was bagged) and Gwilt being dropped the first time....I am pretty sure I will be right...

Do you disagree????????

Is McEvoy better than Gardiner????
Is Gwilt better than Kosi??????
Is Eddy better than the above named ?????

Come on....honest opinions....

Finally, 8 changes - NO

but 4/5 injuries between now and R22 is a possibility yes????

rexy
SS Life Member

Agree that Gardiner will be back, which of Mc or King should go Im not sure but most likely King stays for experience and strength.
Agree that Kosi comes back for Gwilt and who knows, perhaps Dempster as the mid sized forward is a good option.
Agree that Ball is best 22 and will most likely come back this week or next for Eddy.

Also agree that on our list Lynch Armitage and Goose have the potential to be best 22 players inside the next year, hopefully they have performed well enough to be emergencies for the finals.

Maybe this year?
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Funny stuff....

I will repeat

Gwilt <GOP
Eddy <GOP

Eddy was Just

and there's Maguire

Mart's post was a pretty fair post I thought. You may or not agree with it, but anything anyone writes on here is just their opinion. Mart's just as entitled as anyone else to say what he thinks. Better to offer observations about the game than chuck the personal insults around.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: everyone is entitled to an opinion

Next week
Eddy, McEvoy and most likely Gwilt will make way for Gardiner, Koschitzke and one of Geary/Armo/Ball.......

and like my prediction about Dempster being back in the side inside a month (which was bagged) and Gwilt being dropped the first time....I am pretty sure I will be right...

Do you disagree????????

no...i think you are spot on....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I see that some still resort to persoanl insults because they can add very little football wise........ a fool, and arrogant wanker......well maybe....

but I will have the courage to give my opinions prior.....rather than sit back like a softcock and trot out I told you so - in hindsight.....in attempt to look like a hero.......if the best thing you can do is prove me wrong (after the event) :roll:

make some actual comment about footy.....rather than just responding to others opinions.....and understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion

Next week

Do you disagree????????

Finally, 8 changes - NO

To be fair some have proved you wrong before the event and not after the event. So you can stop those rolling eyes right there...

Your question about McEvoy better than Gardiner is ridiculous, how about posting the question is McEvoy better than King???

You just slant your argument to suit yourself in the hope some on here agree with you.

You were wrong in your original post and yet again you never except that you are never wrong...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:To be fair some have proved you wrong before the event and not after the event. So you can stop those rolling eyes right there...
Sounds about right to me...not that often a poster gets comprehensively flogged before AND after the event and then does the 'I told you so' afterwards!?! Is GOP really an insult...I though OP would be, but GOP at least suggests a player has some right to be on the ground. You were wrong mate, just admit it, go away or move on.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The name calling is childish and unwarranted, but BM's post was arrogant, as well as dismissive of everyone else.

To call "McEvoy out for MG" is a no-brainer and hardly a claim to some great footy insight.

To label Gwilt <GOP is in my opinion, an insult that is unwarranted. Will he go out for Kosi, again a no brainer, but he did the job he was assigned in Kosi's absence and kicked a couple of goals and served as a cog in the forward line. Remind me how many Kosi kicked in the previous 2 weeks again? I decribed in this thread, prior to the game, the tasks I though Jimmy would be given, and I thought he performed those tasks adequately. He was a part of an impressive winning team.

Rob Eddy, well the kid's got some go, but not a standout, and is a reasonable back-up flanker that has attributes suited to Ross's game plan and still has development, but is obviously not first 22 material at this stage.

To claim any great wisdom based on the above subjects is liking claiming you're ready to compete in the Olympic high jump on the basis of getting into bed at night under your own power.
Last edited by Dis Believer on Sun 26 Jul 2009 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
asiu

funniest thing i saw around here .....some flog having a go at mart re his 'supposed' agenda (a couple of weeks ago )

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i might go back and research who that toenail clipping was ,

carry on mart ...this site needs you

PJ
SS Life Member

I am pretty sure I will be right...
I'm certain you think that.......courage? Hmmmm.

It's not your footy opinions that are arrogant it's your disdain for anyone else's opinion that is in opposition to your own.

I agree it's all opinion and you are completely entitled to yours but it's not a competition to see who can one up the other guy.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
BigMart wrote:I see that some still resort to persoanl insults because they can add very little football wise........ a fool, and arrogant wanker......well maybe....

Next week

Do you disagree????????

Finally, 8 changes - NO

To be fair some have proved you wrong before the event and not after the event. So you can stop those rolling eyes right there...

Your question about McEvoy better than Gardiner is ridiculous, how about posting the question is McEvoy better than King???

is mcevoy bewtter than king...no.....will he ever be....maybe in 6 or 7 years time........king was a no 1 draft pick.......and it shows.....