Quartermain

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Quartermain

Now I don't prescribe to the theory that the media and AFL are against us like many on here. This current crop of players have recieved more than there fair share of positive media in the past 5-6 seasons. The 1990's,now that's another story...

However I've noticed Steve Quartermain doesn't rate us. I think he's tipped us about 5 times this year. Maybe once in the last 5 weeks he's tipped us. That's ok, he's a poor judge,however you can hear the dissapointment in his voice when we kicked a goal last night when I watched the highlights.

Does Quarters hate us?

discuss

Bring back the Lockett era
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

If anyone who taped the game can check, he made a comment before last night's game, something along the lines of the Dogs about to bring us down a peg or similar.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

F***
the one game i havent taped all season as i had no room left
:evil:

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I love it when people don't hide the fact that they hate us.....

Makes it even better when we win and then let them know about it.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

He's scared sh1tless of us cos his Hawks are getting closer week by week to being shut down and dismissed... Cant get himself to face reality...

Premiers2009
Club Player

He tipped WBD on Ten News. nuf said.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

He also declared the Cats the 2008 premiers half way through last season

Before Im 85
CORDZ
Club Player

QUARTERMAIN

I've hated him ever since the game last year when we beat Hawthorn and before half-time, roughhead kicked a goal that Quartermain said "was as easy as shelling peas" Then we rolled them in the second half - cop that d***head! I've also heard that those who have worked with him think he's a real pr**k!

BallBanger
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:He also declared the Cats the 2008 premiers half way through last season
Selected Adelaide last week saying "Adelaide to smash St Kilda"

Look at his team..lane maher walls lloyd etc what do you expect..channel 10 are like sbs/abc

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

His nick name since 1982 when he was a cadet journalist with the ABC is "Quarterbrain". His colleagues at 10 call him "Himbo", behind his back. The male equivalent of the female bimbo reporter who gets the job because of their physical, rather that mental attributes. The guy reads an autocue for a living and has done for the past 25 years. Never played the game at any decent level, not too bright, objective or insightful as he has shown continually over the years. What do you expect with a CV like his? I've watched a replay of the game and far from getting angry, his drivel made my son and me laugh out loud a couple of times. At least "Quarterbrain" provided some entertainment, even if it was unintentional.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

He tipped against us before the game said we were ready to drop one.

He was willing the dogs back into the game.

Found Richo a breath of fresh air. Said during the game why would you need to loose a game going into finals, he would love to go into finals undefeated, and cant understand why others would think any other way. He also gave a good insight into kicking for goal and had a go at himself as well. Also raved about Max and said something a long the lines of he has been one of two best backmen for past 12 years. Didnt tell us the other one.

Also reckons that because forwards work and run so hard now that the game has evolved that is why the accuracy isnt always there. I have always thought this about rooey. He is too stuffed to kick once he gets the ball. Richo said something about lactic acid in the legs.

Premiers2009
Club Player

Tipped his Hawks this week aswell.
HAHAHA and will tip them again week after next.

Richo's question was pure gold:-
"How would you feel if you were heading into a Grand Final undefeated...?....pretty confident!" :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Quartermain

jonesy wrote:Now I don't prescribe to the theory that the media and AFL are against us like many on here. This current crop of players have recieved more than there fair share of positive media in the past 5-6 seasons. The 1990's,now that's another story...

However I've noticed Steve Quartermain doesn't rate us. I think he's tipped us about 5 times this year. Maybe once in the last 5 weeks he's tipped us. That's ok, he's a poor judge,however you can hear the dissapointment in his voice when we kicked a goal last night when I watched the highlights.

Does Quarters hate us?

discuss
his real name is quarterbrain...he changed it by deed poll..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

More like QuarterLAME hahhahahaha :lol: :lol: 8-)

Premiers2009
Club Player

fried rice anyone? LMFAO

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:His nick name since 1982 when he was a cadet journalist with the ABC is "Quarterbrain". His colleagues at 10 call him "Himbo", behind his back. The male equivalent of the female bimbo reporter who gets the job because of their physical, rather that mental attributes. The guy reads an autocue for a living and has done for the past 25 years. Never played the game at any decent level, not too bright, objective or insightful as he has shown continually over the years. What do you expect with a CV like his? I've watched a replay of the game and far from getting angry, his drivel made my son and me laugh out loud a couple of times. At least "Quarterbrain" provided some entertainment, even if it was unintentional.

sorry mate...didn't read down to your post before making the one above......the guys a clown.....

....don't know what to make of hird though...praises us up in the printed press...then tips against us all the time......maybe his articles are designed to put us under pressure or something...like he did to carscum writing about the new fab four.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Ah Hirdy, Stinger. I don't know what to make of him either. Actually changed his tip against Adelaide on air when challenged by Gerard Healy. Picked us at first and then hopped off! I think Jimmy loves to be loved a bit too much. This results in him ending up with a fence post fair up his clacker! I don't think I've ever heard (hird) anyone offer so many alternative views on the one subject. In trying to please everyone, I guess you end up pleasing no one. Pity, because the guy is articulate for an ex-footballer. As Mr. T might say, "Grow some nuts, Hirdy!"

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

And he wonders why people call him Quarterbrain..... :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote: Found Richo a breath of fresh air. Said during the game why would you need to loose a game going into finals, he would love to go into finals undefeated, and cant understand why others would think any other way. He also gave a good insight into kicking for goal and had a go at himself as well. Also raved about Max and said something a long the lines of he has been one of two best backmen for past 12 years. Didnt tell us the other one.

Also reckons that because forwards work and run so hard now that the game has evolved that is why the accuracy isnt always there. I have always thought this about rooey. He is too stuffed to kick once he gets the ball. Richo said something about lactic acid in the legs.
I liked Richo as well. He just speaks normally, like he's having a chat to you. Quiet and humble. No hype and good insight into the game and the players.

AlpineStars
Club Player

On friday in the Hun I think there are 25 tipsters 17 of them tipped the dogs? Have they watched any footy this year at all?

Wake me up when September ends.
quidnunc
Club Player

I am fairly confident that 1/4 something - would tip Fine Cotton to win against the Saints - but he's not the only one - I would really like to see a tally of how the "experts" have picked for or against the Saints this year. A few glaring "love -hate" relationships would emerge. JA in the HS for one!

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:On friday in the Hun I think there are 25 tipsters 17 of them tipped the dogs? Have they watched any footy this year at all?
Noticed that as well - then compared with the adelaide advertiser - where only 1 tipster picked the dogs. That's a pretty big difference and i wonder if it reveals that there is indeed an unconscious bias in victoria against the saints. Or simply a disbelief that the life long no hoper has finally ditched the bottle, got some discipline and self belief, and has turned his life around? Seems many 'experts' there are waiting and expecting us to relapse.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
rexy
SS Life Member

Think it is a fairly simple case of trying to look like he has a great insight. Think he figures that the likely hood of us going undefeated is statistically and historically very low, therefore if he tips against us eventually he will be right and look like he is intelligent.

As long as we win every week he will continue to look stupid, I'm tipping this is what will happen.

Maybe this year?
saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:
mullet wrote: Found Richo a breath of fresh air. Said during the game why would you need to loose a game going into finals, he would love to go into finals undefeated, and cant understand why others would think any other way. He also gave a good insight into kicking for goal and had a go at himself as well. Also raved about Max and said something a long the lines of he has been one of two best backmen for past 12 years. Didnt tell us the other one.

I liked Richo as well. He just speaks normally, like he's having a chat to you. Quiet and humble. No hype and good insight into the game and the players.
echoing this, Richo has been really insightful, unlike others, in his commentary.
I was never a huge Richo fan, but ever since we did his knee and has been doing more media since, I have really taken a liking too him. hope he gets into it after he retires, he is some fresh air after a lot of b/s...

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Richo will have a long career in media once he has finished playing. Hird and Richo have been a revelation this year. As mentioned previously, hirdy just needs to realise that you will not please everyone all the time so just say it like it is (or like you believe it to be!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius