Luke Ball MMM rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigmicka
Club Player

Went to watch a replay of the dogs game this afternoon and found out it hadn't taped. So I watched the game against Geelong instead.

When they are singing the song in the rooms, you can see he just isn't happy. If it is not injury, then he has got something else going on in his personal life. Family problems? Relationship problems? hope it's not something like depression. Or wondering how he is going to pay the mortgage without an extra $100,000 coming in a year.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Odd thread....

Personally I would be MORE upset if Ball was not p****d about being dropped.

Also human nature for many if you get bad or disturbing news is to initially feel anger....and this I am sure will turn into firm resolve.

I would imagine that it was a shock to him.....once his mind adjusts je will knuckle down if he wants his place back.

Read back through the interviews with Mini...it took him a while to come on board and do what is necessary.

Dal and Milne were quicker..

Fiora tried...but never got there consistently.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Podge

Bally struggled for Sandy today, definitely won't be in the seniors next week.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigmicka wrote:Went to watch a replay of the dogs game this afternoon and found out it hadn't taped. So I watched the game against Geelong instead.

When they are singing the song in the rooms, you can see he just isn't happy. If it is not injury, then he has got something else going on in his personal life. Family problems? Relationship problems? hope it's not something like depression. Or wondering how he is going to pay the mortgage without an extra $100,000 coming in a year.

mic

i'd say playing less than half the game wouldn't have put him in a happy frame of mind.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Podge wrote:Bally struggled for Sandy today, definitely won't be in the seniors next week.
Bulls.hit.

You have no idea.

Didn't struggle at all. Was not the best but played a very good game.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Podge wrote:Bally struggled for Sandy today, definitely won't be in the seniors next week.
Bulls.hit.

You have no idea.

Didn't struggle at all. Was not the best but played a very good game.

i'd hazard a bet that podge is a troll.......probably of the hawk variety.....

ace
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:so is he worth 600 grand???
i mean how much money is enough????

imagine if players actually agreed amongst themselves to be be paid reasonable wages and not ludicrous ones.

hey ace, great post on the caps
if a team didnt use all the salary cap can the cash be used on something else?
or is it specifically ONLY to be used to pay players?
Every club MUST pay between 92.5% and 100% of total player payments.
It is the collective bargianing agreement between the AFL and AFL palyers association.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BEST:
Sandringham: Lynch Summers BALL Simpkin Stanley Tregear
Williamstown: Jolley Wood Galea Skipper Cloke Stretton

ace
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:bulls*** aint it
not saying i agree with some of these salaries, but when everyone says oh he is on half a million a year, its misleading isnt it....ends up being nearly half.
Yeah Kevin Rudd and his team get to spend almost as much as the player.
But they don't get osteitis pubis, corked thighs, torn hamstrings or even suspensions for what they do.
They just say Luke pay us your taxes and we will spend it for you.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Podge

Clearly BOG for Sandy today was Geary, stepped up when the game was there to be won and laid some bone crunching tackles and kicked a goal. No harm done if Bally has another run for Sandy next week.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Podge wrote:Clearly BOG for Sandy today was Geary, stepped up when the game was there to be won and laid some bone crunching tackles and kicked a goal. No harm done if Bally has another run for Sandy next week.
Not clearly at all.

Was good but as P66 pointed out - the Sandy coaching staff gave BOG to Begley.

To say Ball struggled shows you have no idea :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Shaggy
Club Player

Podge wrote:Clearly BOG for Sandy today was Geary, stepped up when the game was there to be won and laid some bone crunching tackles and kicked a goal. No harm done if Bally has another run for Sandy next week.
On radio Gallagher thought Bally was the difference between the two sides.

Thats a big wrap coming from a senior zebra with a few VFL premierships behind him.
Last edited by Shaggy on Mon 27 Jul 2009 12:04am, edited 1 time in total.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

bigmicka wrote:Went to watch a replay of the dogs game this afternoon and found out it hadn't taped. So I watched the game against Geelong instead.

mic

Who are you talking about ?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It's also human nature that if you have played a shocker (which to be honest Ball did in that Geelong game) that you find it hard to get as excited about the win as other blokes. He wouldn't have felt as much a part of the win, b/c he didn't contribute much to it. No doubt Ball himself was troubled about his form as well.

To suggest he has depression or personal problems is ludicrous - unless the person suggesting it has inside info. Anyone who has played team sport before would know what Ball was probably thinking after that game.

I really hope he bounces back and bounces back hard - not b/c he seems like a fine young man, not b/c I admire his courage over the years, not because he has battled injury manfully and never complained, not because he deserves success, but because when Ball is playing good footy he improves our team SIGNIFICANTLY. We NEED him playing good footy. Just like we NEEDED dal and Milney playing their best footy and now they are. Luke Ball's best footy is significantly better than at least 3-4 of our mids in the team at the moment so to win a flag, we NEED that.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

if he wants to go, let him,

rather have a full team wanting to stay at the saints then a player sulking becuase he is not gettng a game.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Wow you guys are showing him the door when you have NFI whats going on, how about giving the guy the benefit of any doubt over him. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The guy bleeds (literally) for our club, your showing an arrogance that we have not earned.

Before Im 85
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Truth is no-one in the media knows as it's been kept inhouse, it annoys them, so they speculate...

saintly
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saintsrus"]Wow you guys are showing him the door when you have NFI whats going on, how about giving the guy the benefit of any doubt over him. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The guy bleeds (literally) for our club, your showing an arrogance that we have not earned.[/quote]

no me. i have said this along, if a player is not happy at the club let him go and we will get a good draft pick. [/b]

quidnunc
Club Player

Bloody hell! The guy got dropped - heaps of players from heaps of clubs get dropped.

This does not mean they all sulk, want to get traded or no longer have the passion for their club.

What it does mean is that they have to improve some aspects of their performance to match the expectations of their coaches.

When Geary or Gwilt got dropped we didn't have the crap that is on this thread - some people need to think before they contribute. Sometimes it is best to say nothing!

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
Duggie
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Truth is no-one in the media knows as it's been kept inhouse, it annoys them, so they speculate...
Maybe it will surface in OTC tonight.
I heard that Roo is the guest. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Forgive me for being a little confused....But the article states Ball has a guaranteed contract worth $600k a season...Is he out of contract at the end of the year? Or are they trying to stitch him up a an alternative performance based contract???

If the latter? Why would he sign?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I think a bit of both spinner....

Contract extension past the Goldcoast team poaching, and reducement of base payment.

ThePunter
Club Player

His mood at the moment has been affected by things that have nothing to do with the football club (according to my source associated with club), as well as being left out.

I have no doubt he'll be in come finals and play his part, and be with St Kilda moving forward.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

from today's hun...

"Playing for VFL affiliate Sandringham yesterday, Ball struggled to make an impact at first in a tight 26-point win against ladder leader Williamstown at Beach Oval.

But it was more the normal Ball as Sandy kicked with the wind in the last quarter, with a couple of slick passes by foot and hand playing a key role in the upset win."

...and from the age,...

"Upset buoys Zebra hopes

Brent Diamond | July 27, 2009

SANDRINGHAM has edged closer to a congested VFL top eight after upsetting league leader Williamstown by 26 points at Trevor Barker Beach Oval yesterday.

St Kilda midfielder Luke Ball wasn't flashy but had 30 disposals, while Matt Maguire (15 disposals, one goal and six marks), "played his role and defended OK", according to Zebras coach Andy Lovell.

Ball was brilliant in the stoppages but appeared to lack the gut-running that has been a trademark of his career.

"He contributed and played his role to instructions. In the end he was a really solid contributor in a really even performance," Lovell said.

The Seagulls led by seven points at the last change, but aided by a strong breeze, the Zebras clinched the game with goals from Jack Steven and David Armitage to win 15.15 (105) to 11.13 (79).

Luke Miles (32), Armitage (31) and Steven (29) were the other top possession-getters for the Zebras, while Ben Davies (32), and Brett Johnson (30) were best for the Seagulls.

Box Hill Hawks edged closer to the top four with an eight-point win over Port Melbourne, 9.20 (74) to 9.12 (66).

Travis Tuck, Beau Muston, Jarryd Morton, Brendan Whitecross and Cameron Stokes were all named in the best,on the day the club launched its newly developed Southern Pavilion.'

...30 possessions ain't too horrible...
Last edited by stinger on Mon 27 Jul 2009 5:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

bozza1980
Club Player

[quote="quidnunc"]Bloody hell! The guy got dropped - heaps of players from heaps of clubs get dropped.

This does not mean they all sulk, want to get traded or no longer have the passion for their club.[quote]

True.

It would be hard to believe that Luke Ball would have been overly suprised by his omission last week.

I would think he would have been desperate for the chance to play this weekend and start the quest to get his form and his spot in the side back.