Why we need to smash Sydney!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Why we need to smash Sydney!

Ok, so top 2 is done and dusted, and with Round 21 and 22 as bye games (North and Melbourne), we have virtually 19 wins and top spot in the bag also.

BUT....

We need to obliterate Sydney for these reasons:

(1) We have a shocking record of losing in Sydney that needs to be addressed.

(2) Hall/Goose payback (standard excuse each time we play them!)

(3) Mentally scar Sydney and put them back in their hole for the rest of this year and into the pre-season.

In some respect, point (3) is the most valid - we are capable of destroying the confidence/ability of crap sides, and set them well back from the benchmark team (us!).

Weather permitting, this is a 10 to 15 goal hiding in the making.

Bring it on!

saintlee
Club Player

Re: Why we need to smash Sydney!

saintspremiers wrote:Ok, so top 2 is done and dusted, and with Round 21 and 22 as bye games (North and Melbourne), we have virtually 19 wins and top spot in the bag also.

BUT....

(3) Mentally scar Sydney and put them back in their hole for the rest of this year and into the pre-season.

In some respect, point (3) is the most valid - we are capable of destroying the confidence/ability of crap sides, and set them well back from the benchmark team (us!).

Bring it on!
Personally, I don't see any of those reasons as being important at all, I would have thought this should be a stock-standard win over an average side and move on to the next game.

James
Club Player

We addressed our record of losing at AAMI in remarkable fashion. Let's do the same here.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

No - just win the game no injuries, move onto next game.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

hall/goose payback? both of those guys wont be playing and we cant pay them back, they went on a won the GF that year. they get the last laugh until we get a premiership (hopefully with in the next few months)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Smash 'em?

I'm expected nothing a but the typical dour, tedious arm-wrestle we more times than not have against them. That's how Sydney play their best footy and their desperate, not a good combination!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

wonder who kirk will go with
hayes, joey or dal
:?:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:wonder who kirk will go with
hayes, joey or dal
:?:
Has always gone to Hayes and is well ahead so hopefully he may go to someone else this time. As for smashing them couldnt give a stuff. No injuries for me is far more important.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Has always been intense rivalry between the Saints and the Swans, going back to the days of the Lakeside Premiership. Increased when they moved to Sydney and we got Paul Morwood etc. from them.

AlpineStars
Club Player

They halted our 10 match streak, so lets not let them do it again.

Wake me up when September ends.
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

We have nothing to prove to anyone.

The players take the attitude that every time they play or train it gives the an opportunity to improve. This is just another opporttunity.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

St Kilda 5.4 18.5 29.7 32.11.203
Sydney 1.1 1.5 1.7 4.11.35

That good enough for ya saintspremiers?

We eased off a bit in the last quarter as you can see.

:lol:

mick13
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:St Kilda 5.4 18.5 29.7 32.11.203
Sydney 1.1 1.5 1.7 4.11.35

That good enough for ya saintspremiers?

We eased off a bit in the last quarter as you can see.

:lol:
Can you imagine the boos when we're chipping the ball around with the scoreline reading 181-13...?

hotdish
Club Player

No Kossi or Gardiner this week it seems.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Apparently we cant play outside Jihad Stadium (even though we have won at AAMI twice, Subi, and GC) so the Swans are a monty.

We are due for a loss (have been for a year apparently), and are cherry ripe for the picking (just like against WCE, Adelaide, and the Bulldogs).

We are gone. Espically without Kosi, Gardiner, Zac, and Ball (none of who played last week when we slaughtered the Dogs, but hey).

Sydney by 15-20 goals at least.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget how tired, so very, very tired the saints are. So tired that they've fallen over the line in their last 8 or so games, ever since someone in the media mentioned they were starting to get tired.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bozza1980
Club Player

Obviously a smashing is preferred to a non smashing, however a win will suffice.

The swans have prided themselves on contested ball and pressure at the contest, so if they are at their best it will be the sort of challenge our boys have relished this season.

No doubt our boys will put them to the sword if they can, I just have a feeling it will be a lowish scoring dogfight that we'll seal late one of those 13 goals to 7 sort of games.

claystreet
Club Player

Just win it and get out of it with no injuries is all that matters.

:wink:

James
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Apparently we cant play outside Jihad Stadium (even though we have won at AAMI twice, Subi, and GC) so the Swans are a monty.

We are due for a loss (have been for a year apparently), and are cherry ripe for the picking (just like against WCE, Adelaide, and the Bulldogs).

We are gone. Espically without Kosi, Gardiner, Zac, and Ball (none of who played last week when we slaughtered the Dogs, but hey).

And Sydney have been in red hot form - check out that massive, powerful, brave win over Melbourne in Canberra.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
rexy
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Apparently we cant play outside Jihad Stadium (even though we have won at AAMI twice, Subi, and GC) so the Swans are a monty.

Joffaboy is Stephen Quartermain, piss off Hawthorn troll :twisted: :wink:

Maybe this year?
Smug Supporter

saintspremiers wrote:Ok, so top 2 is done and dusted, and with Round 21 and 22 as bye games (North and Melbourne), we have virtually 19 wins and top spot in the bag also.

BUT....

Bring it on!
Thank christ you are auctioning off your username so no longer any of us have to listen to the spiels about nothing remotely close to today's football and incident from the land of long long ago

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Well, a win with no injuries will do me fine too...for the team, breaking our record for the number of wins in a season might be a nice incentive, together with our terrible showings at the SCG in recent times.

Smug Supporter

degruch wrote:Well, a win with no injuries will do me fine too...for the team, breaking our record for the number of wins in a season might be a nice incentive, together with our terrible showings at the SCG in recent times.
Just play good football, the club has it right. We play well we win, we do not play well we do not win

Scg is a worthless ground in the scheme of things when the swans are not up the top of the ladder

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Smug Supporter wrote:
degruch wrote:Well, a win with no injuries will do me fine too...for the team, breaking our record for the number of wins in a season might be a nice incentive, together with our terrible showings at the SCG in recent times.
Just play good football, the club has it right. We play well we win, we do not play well we do not win

Scg is a worthless ground in the scheme of things when the swans are not up the top of the ladder
There's nowhere near enough smugness in that reply.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Smug Supporter wrote:

BUT....

Bring it on!
Thank christ you are auctioning off your username so no longer any of us have to listen to the spiels about nothing remotely close to today's football and incident from the land of long long ago

long time reader are you troll???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.