High-profile Presidents...who needs 'em?!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plumtire
Club Player

:) After the comings-and-goings during the "Butterss era" and seeing the latest from McGuire, Brayshaw etc I'm so GLAD to have a Prez and board who are simply going about the business of building some solid foundations for success at our club. Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice not to be making the headlines for reasons other than on-field success!
Long may it continue!

emmdee
Club Player

too true, good to get press about team/players & footy dept. not egos in suits....

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yes

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

point taken and i agree

Brayshaws alright thought... not into much controversy, mostly just promotes the club in a positive way

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

A Geelong poster on Bigfooty had the same idea.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611254

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: It should not be forgotten that Butterss did the right thing at the right time by stepping aside and therefore preventing a divisive "special election" He has been classy in the manner in which he and his board have kept out of matters since the takeover.
The media (particularly P. Smith) were slavering at the prospect of in-fighting and carnage followed by a complete collapse of the club administration. Their subsequent silence in praise of the mature and professional approach by all concerned has been deafening!
Good on the new Board...and good on their predecessors!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I agree, the President doesn't need to be seen too much and the players and coach should do the promoting to the public.

The President should however be heavily involved in the corporate and sponsorship side of things and I'm sure he is.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Agreed. I think we should all appreciate these things: we are winning, and how! There are no leaks from anyone at the Club. The assistant coaches all seem very good. We have had no off field indiscretions for many moons. The CEO left and there was barely a ripple. Membership up. You would think that next year we will get much better TV coverage. Merchandise sales must be up. Players won't want to be leaving, in fact they will wnat to be arriving due to our style of play and team first mentality. Corporate $'s will have to be up. Revenue from gate will be up.
8 to go.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet