Possible Rd 22 fixture change: Extra day for pies & dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

benengel14
Club Player

Possible Rd 22 fixture change: Extra day for pies & dogs

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

AFL considering moving either the time/date of the Bulldogs v Pies Rd 22 match to allow for more time before the finals series.

I don't see how they can afford the teams finishing 3rd and 4th an advantage over the Saints who will play one of them in the first Qualifying final in week 1.

Another example of the AFL shafting St Kilda, or am I mistaken?
afl.com.au wrote:THE AFL is considering altering the order of its round-22 games to give some teams an extra day's break before they start their finals campaign.

AFL chief operations officer Gillon McLachlan said he would be notifying clubs this week of what changes – if any - would be made to the fixture.
Last edited by benengel14 on Mon 03 Aug 2009 8:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

They are also looking at the Saints game. Most of the noise on this topic is coming out of Collingwood via sympathisers in the media like Brian Taylor !!

dascman
Club Player

Yes, Bengel, you are mistaken :P

The team that finishes on top always plays the following Sunday. This means that (barring a losing streak), we will get a seven-day break, whereas either Collingwood or the Dogs would not.

I've heard they might change our game as well. But the bigger concern is the Pies-Dogs game, because the AFL would never endeavour to piss off Eddie and Co.

benengel14
Club Player

dascman wrote: The team that finishes on top always plays the following Sunday. This means that (barring a losing streak), we will get a seven-day break, whereas either Collingwood or the Dogs would not.
The week 1 match is almost certainly to be against either pies or dogs. If the AFL reschedule their Rd 22 match to Saturday Night (possibly) that would give them an 8 day break to our 7 day break? That's still an extra day on us, despite finishing lower on the ladder.

ace
Saintsational Legend

An extra day for hot pies and hot dogs.

They are full of grissle and fat and they taste yuk!

Can't we simply ban the pies and dogs instead.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA