David Schwartz's story about Our Zac

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

David Schwartz's story about Our Zac

On SEN today he was saying how Dawsons manager got in contact with the recruiters of all sides telling them late last year to forget everything they knew about the old Zac Dawson that got rag dolled as an 18 year old and that he had put on 10 kilos and was a different player.

The only person from any club was Matthew Drain. He saw him three weeks in a row.

1st week he was at full backand smashed his opponent.
2nd week he was on a wing and had 30 touches.
3rd week he played forward and bagged 8

Thank god he went down because our Zac is brilliant at defending and very attacking.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: David Schwartz's story about Our Zac

Goose is king wrote:Thank god he went down because our Zac is brilliant at defending and very attacking.
agree. he is a super player.

i can easily find a spot for him in my best 22 even if max stays at fb.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

What a weapon to be able to swing him foward in a pinch!! Not done much this year, once or twice to my vague memory, V geelong one of the obvious ones.

A nice secret weapon for the finals. Maybe not so much a secret, but it has the potential to cause mayhem for the opposition.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

And he is a lovely young man to boot, as far I can tell anyway.

I went along to the after match at Fox Studios on Saturday and although no players from the game turned up (which only Stephen Silvagni revealed towards the end of his interview), both Xavier Clarke and Zac were interviewed, along with a "surprise" guest. Despite being asked inane questions from MC Rhys Muldoon, a most unimpressive MC, born in Oct 1965, although to be fair, "ane" questions can be difficult in these circumstances, both X and Zac were articulate and entertaining.

Our surprise guest was Barry Breen. Alas, the interview went along familiar lines. The interviewer was compelled to ask about that point which Bazza not surprisingly said he was sick of being asked about. I would have asked him about another point he kicked, this time, one in the third quarter of the 1971 GF which have been the sealer. (It hit the post!!)

However, my view of Zac was further influenced after we heard from Barry. I decided to make an early exit and by coincidence ran in to Zac, X and the assistant coaches catching a taxi. Zac greeted me and one or two others and initiated conversation. Not only is he enthusiastic about his playing but all that goes with it as well. And, isn't that nice.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

IM sure someone posted on here after the Dees game on the GC that in the rooms afer the game Zac asked if he could borrrow this blokes iPhone to check his SuperCoach scores lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

hes 195 cm. anyone notice him and kosi together last week. he is at least kosis height and taller than roo. he is darn near ruckman height with a good kick and good speed and some agility. hard to believe noone picked him up. i mean hed be in the top 5 at both demons and tigers easily.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:hes 195 cm. anyone notice him and kosi together last week. he is at least kosis height and taller than roo. he is darn near ruckman height with a good kick and good speed and some agility. hard to believe noone picked him up. i mean hed be in the top 5 at both demons and tigers easily.
i heard that he did ruck as a junior. very versatile player.

claystreet
Club Player

Bit of a Fav of mine the Zac Attack

Ready to Rock against the Hawks this week

8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic pickup for our club, and a great story for footy in general....

Batnoe

saint66au wrote:IM sure someone posted on here after the Dees game on the GC that in the rooms afer the game Zac asked if he could borrrow this blokes iPhone to check his SuperCoach scores lol
Yeah, it was me and my mate. My mate got him back though by eating 3 snakes out of his sweating bandages from the garbage bin we were leaning on. he really wanted a 100 in a score and was dissapointed he didnt do it.
He was told by the coaching staff to get back inside and get ready for the bus

mordi
Club Player

Matthew Drain's name seems to be a constant in a lot of good work we are doing off-field.......

What's the Point of it All?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

exactly why this talk of not having him, blake, max, chips, and dempster/raph in the same side is nonsense.

bozza1980
Club Player

He has definitely exceeded every expectation I had for him this season.

Has a good year in defence and his disposal is suprisingly crisp.

From unwanted by 15 clubs to a definite in the undefeated top of the ladder sides best 22. Fantastic story and if we were to go on and win the big one it will be one of footy's great anecdotes.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

So as a Utility Player - we have both Blake and Zac - I would love to see Zac rucking against some of the lighter/mobile rucks such as Ryder - reckon his reputation would make them think twice now!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Whoever suggested we take Zac over Nathan Carroll should be given an honorary knighthood :)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
saint66au wrote:IM sure someone posted on here after the Dees game on the GC that in the rooms afer the game Zac asked if he could borrrow this blokes iPhone to check his SuperCoach scores lol
Yeah, it was me and my mate. My mate got him back though by eating 3 snakes out of his sweating bandages from the garbage bin we were leaning on. he really wanted a 100 in a score and was dissapointed he didnt do it.
how was your mate eating snakes out of a bin getting back at the zac attack? sounds like zac is up 2-nil :-)

Batnoe

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
how was your mate eating snakes out of a bin getting back at the zac attack? sounds like zac is up 2-nil :-)

No, we were talking to him all while leaning on a wheelie bin.

Zac had taken off his bandages off his shoulder and had a handful of snakes in his hand, when he went to look at his score on the phone he put his bandages on top of the bin and then had the snakes in his bandages.

My mate was eating his snakes out of his sweaty bandages, i would rather them out of the bin hahahaha....

Zac didnt care

Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

At 195 cm I can foresee Zac playing on Roughhead and Max taking Buddy due to the differences in speed & agility.

It will be interesting to see who Ross has them line up on Saturday. Gilbert, Fisher and Blake would be the potential "back-ups" if Buddy or Roughhead get on a roll.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Rickabee wrote:At 195 cm I can foresee Zac playing on Roughhead and Max taking Buddy due to the differences in speed & agility.

It will be interesting to see who Ross has them line up on Saturday. Gilbert, Fisher and Blake would be the potential "back-ups" if Buddy or Roughhead get on a roll.

zac is the quickest of that lot....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
PJ
SS Life Member

I would love to see Zac rucking against some of the lighter/mobile rucks such as Ryder
Good point Dad - it's surprising how many options Zac offers. I believe some of the criticism initially was that he was one dimensional. Few saw it coming, well done saints.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

David Schwartz's story about our zac

A great story! A great young man to boot! The old Jiggster was at training last week and young Zac signed my autograph book, I was amazed when he said "I remember you from the Bulldogs game! You were getting the crowd revved up" I replied "Yeah I'm the resident nut" and Zac said "no it's good to see the passion" I remarked that it was a good bump on the Crows guy! and with a smile He said "wasn't worth two weeks though was it?"
Its great when players can take the time to chat with old codgers like me, I tell you, I was chuffed!!!! What a nice kid!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Great story jigster. Love hearing about players who are balanced. Sounds a top player and top bloke. Matthew Drain may have been our best pick up of recent times........alot to do with Farren Ray too!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:Great story jigster. Love hearing about players who are balanced. Sounds a top player and top bloke. Matthew Drain may have been our best pick up of recent times........alot to do with Farren Ray too!
the saints have been wanting mathew drain to join them for a number of years. so its good that he was picked up!

as the jigster story. great story!

nice to hear of such things.

am going to the Young Guns lunch next week and i believe Zac should be there.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Ah Rhys Muldoon!! The Sydney aftermatch.

One of my favourite memories of years gone by.

And I met Neil Harvey on the day also. One of the great batsman of all time.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
FullMonty
Club Player

What a pity the Dorks let him go 8-)

They must be spewing now that he is playing this well.
Surely someone got smacked about that one.

Montyrules!