I'll take that...everytime

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

I'll take that...everytime

19 WINS/1 LOSS

If someone had floated that ratio at the start of the year after round 20 I would have been suggesting that some serious mind altering drugs were to blame.. :shock:

15/5 Would have been wishful thinking in Febuary :?

Reading some posts here you would think the freaking season has ended.. :shock:

Get a grip FFS... :roll:

We are on the verge of something special and a small hick up will prpbably be a blessing in disguise.

Three words...KEEP THE FAITH :twisted:

This minor bump will ultimately mean nothing..trust me :wink:
Last edited by saint patrick on Mon 17 Aug 2009 12:47am, edited 2 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Three more words too St Pat

Fortius Quo Fidelius.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kevin Sheedy said that Essendon's loss after 20 straight in 2000 was cruical in the team's success in winning the flag that year.

It WAS a loss that was needed to break anyone out of their comfort zones.

Perspective!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Ive seen Carlton claiming they are finally here after winning 6 of 7.

We have 19 of 20. While yes it is obviously disapointing after the loss but I now see it as a test.

The way champions(nick) and champion sides react after being brought down a notch is what makes them champions. It would get into the mind of ordinary person. I have a good feeling our boys will take it on the chin. Look out Kangas, a warning is about to be made to the rest of the competition. They will play that 4th quarter footy the entire game. I feel other teams will fear us more after next week than they have all season, the boys have tasted defeat, they will not again.

Because this is our year, our flag and our time.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Good stuff, St. Pat. The sky is not falling.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

roo_477
Club Player

well put griggsy!

this loss is what we needed to sharpen us up before the finals. of course its disappointed not to have the perfect season but it would have been much worse if we went the entire season only to lose in the grand final.

im just annoyed it was essendon who we finally choked against haha. i work with a lot of bomber fans so its not going to be much fun coping it tomorrow haha. oh well. this is still our season!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

roo_477 wrote:
im just annoyed it was essendon who we finally choked against
you seem to use the word choke a lot, so why don't you choke on my nuts you troll.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
roo_477
Club Player

settle down hero...

bring on the kangs, lets redeem ourselves!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I will freely admit to an overreaction after yesterdays loss but in retrospect it isnt that bad after all. Looking at it logically

Essendon were playing for a spot in the finals we are effectivley playing for form going into September

We came back from a LONG way back against a very good side

Losing hurts like hell and I reckon the players wont want to feel that pain again anytime soon

19-1 is an awesome effort that should become 21-1, which if anyone offered that to me at the start of the year id be forced to ask them what they were smoking and where I could aquire some

All in all the posatives outway the negatives by a huge margin

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'll take that...everytime

saint patrick wrote:19 WINS/1 LOSS

If someone had floated that ratio at the start of the year after round 20 I would have been suggesting that some serious mind altering drugs were to blame.. :shock:

15/5 Would have been wishful thinking in Febuary :?

Reading some posts here you would think the freaking season has ended.. :shock:

Get a grip FFS... :roll:

We are on the verge of something special and a small hick up will prpbably be a blessing in disguise.

Three words...KEEP THE FAITH :twisted:

This minor bump will ultimately mean nothing..trust me :wink:

Yep brilliant post. God help the kangaroos this week

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

This is a briliant effort by the saints, just cant stand the bullsyte ui have copped thismorning at work

We are 19 1, nobody else is 8-)

I love this club
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The Kangas, I feel, will bear the pretty serious brunt of the loss we probably had to have.

Think of the positives to come out of that game - here but a few:

1 the importance of Mini and CJ - who ever would have thought the absence of those two would be so noticeable?

2 the pretty clear lesson that the tall back line thing is probably not the go.

3 Kosi - how brave, how awesome a mark, how vital, how good that he stood tall with Roo down a smidge.

4 we lost by two points on the back of 1.25 quarters of good football to a red hot team that could do no wrong and that was playing for survival.

5 for two months now we have played and beaten teams that have either a point to prove or a top four or top eight berth at stake and in circumstances where for the most part we did not need to win. That we have lost only one of those games (by a straight kick) is an extraordinary feat that still holds us in better than fine stead.

6 Umpires puh-lease!!! You CAN award Riewoldt a free kick and when a Bomber drops the ball when held, the tackler CAN BE rewarded. I know there were some dud calls for both sides (Montagna tackle w'out ball in goal square for instance) but fair dinkum we didn't get the benefit of front spot and tackling pressure when we should have on PLENTY of occasions. And still we only got pipped at the death.

Plenty of upside, people.

God help Roos.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

STILLWAITING wrote:This is a briliant effort by the saints, just cant stand the bullsyte ui have copped thismorning at work

If I hear another comment about Rooey missing that goal.......

I tried to put into perspective that a lot of Saints supporters sat there thinking he'd be lucky to kick the goal and we were right.

It's all about perspective and it's a relief that if we don't win 21 in a row, who cares, it's all about the GF

spert
Saintsational Legend

RL engineered that kick for goal

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

INJURIES
Essendon: Reimers (general soreness) replaced in selected side by Davey, Fletcher (hamstring), Dempsey (hamstring), Stanton (quad/hip), Ryder (knee), Watson (leg soreness)
St Kilda: Nil

thats one of the only things I want to win as we go into the finals :)
no injuries, a bit of stability, fire under the bums now...
you might lose a game of soccer with nil... but it's a winner here!

BEST.JOKE.EVER

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
STILLWAITING wrote:This is a briliant effort by the saints, just cant stand the bullsyte ui have copped thismorning at work

If I hear another comment about Rooey missing that goal.......

I tried to put into perspective that a lot of Saints supporters sat there thinking he'd be lucky to kick the goal and we were right.

It's all about perspective and it's a relief that if we don't win 21 in a row, who cares, it's all about the GF
I find that the ppl who have any idea about football are all saying the saints are now a cert for the flag, the chookfeeders focus on Roo and that pisses me of

I love this club
python
Club Player

those who are focusing on roos miss dont realise that noone else in the comp would have taken that mark. Theyre all idiots jealous of the talent he and our team has. Let em talk the talk whilst we walk the walk towards the last saturday in september.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote: 19-1 is an awesome effort that should become 21-1, which if anyone offered that to me at the start of the year id be forced to ask them what they were smoking and where I could aquire some
It's was Green Round - so non-tobacco substances would've been fine :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

1 the importance of Mini and CJ - who ever would have thought the absence of those two would be so noticeable?

These two players are so important but who would have thought this at the start of the year. Glad to see the rookie list working for us.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

This loss confirmed one thing for me.

I freakin hate losing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:This loss confirmed one thing for me.

I freakin hate losing.
Hell yeah, especially to them, or carlton, or eddiewood, or bloddy anyone, we have had our share over the years

I love this club
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:The Kangas, I feel, will bear the pretty serious brunt of the loss we probably had to have.

3 Kosi - how brave, how awesome a mark, how vital, how good that he stood tall with Roo down a smidge.

4 we lost by two points on the back of 1.25 quarters of good football to a red hot team that could do no wrong and that was playing for survival.

5 for two months now we have played and beaten teams that have either a point to prove or a top four or top eight berth at stake and in circumstances where for the most part we did not need to win. That we have lost only one of those games (by a straight kick) is an extraordinary feat that still holds us in better than fine stead.

6 Umpires puh-lease!!! You CAN award Riewoldt a free kick and when a Bomber drops the ball when held, the tackler CAN BE rewarded. I know there were some dud calls for both sides (Montagna tackle w'out ball in goal square for instance) but fair dinkum we didn't get the benefit of front spot and tackling pressure when we should have on PLENTY of occasions. And still we only got pipped at the death.

God help Roos.
Great post mate... summed it all up beautifully.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Thinline wrote:The Kangas, I feel, will bear the pretty serious brunt of the loss we probably had to have.

God help Roos.
Great post mate... summed it all up beautifully.
it would be good to make a statement, not that we have anything to prove

I love this club