*singing* IF YOU ALL HATE TIM LANE CLAP YOUR HANDS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

*singing* IF YOU ALL HATE TIM LANE CLAP YOUR HANDS

He's still upset about getting teased for wetting his bed at school camp. He seems to have such a profound hatred for our club.

He backed Essendon before the game without any justification whatsoever, and was incredibly biased with his call.

Tim, hang up your microphone! The 774am commentary team is MUCH better off without you.
Last edited by Sainternist on Sun 16 Aug 2009 10:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Clap Clap

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

hird and healy were rooting for them too...but surprisingly taylor always thought we would win eventually...and we should have too....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Gurgman
Club Player

You poor dumb bastards , your minds cant go back to when we were were crap and playing a good team and winning , they allways barack for the underdogs , ????

Marchin' In
Club Player

Gurgman wrote:You poor dumb bastards , your minds cant go back to when we were were crap and playing a good team and winning , they allways barack for the underdogs , ????
It is in everyone's nature to lean towards the underdogs, I agree with that.
Last edited by Marchin' In on Mon 17 Aug 2009 12:34am, edited 1 time in total.

UP THE SAINTERS!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Gurgman wrote:You poor dumb bastards , your minds cant go back to when we were were crap and playing a good team and winning , they allways barack for the underdogs , ????

....mind your manners....lane always baracks against us.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

....mind your manners....lane always baracks against us.....
Not last week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was more annoyed with Gerards look at the ladder "at last, the Saints have a loss next to their name"

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I was more annoyed with Gerards look at the ladder "at last, the Saints have a loss next to their name"
yep...he's made a few smart arsed comments recently after singing our praises earlier in the season.....

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

God some of you are precious...

Did anyone watch the Sydney / Geelong game last night? . The Ch 10 commentators were willing Sydney over the line all night. They were the UNDERDOGS...just like Essendon tonight

The amount of angst shown when a TV commentator doesnt genuflect at us every 2 secs is amazing. Dont like it? Turn the freaking sound down

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:God some of you are precious...

Did anyone watch the Sydney / Geelong game last night? . The Ch 10 commentators were willing Sydney over the line all night. They were the UNDERDOGS...just like Essendon tonight

The amount of angst shown when a TV commentator doesnt genuflect at us every 2 secs is amazing. Dont like it? Turn the freaking sound down
I get where you're coming from but biased commentating shouldn't be that hard to control. Anthony hudson is a die-hard cats fan and during matches, he is one of the most controlled commentators, thought he did a fantastic unbiased job last night, and the other three were just appalling.

Having said that, yep, we aren't underdogs anymore so don't expect any media sympathy.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The boundary rider on 774 kept trying to make it seem like every Essendon player that was interchanged was injured........talk about annoying... :evil:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
benoc
Club Player

I liked the Fox Sports commentary.

The only unbiased person in the box was Lloyd, always enjoy his very precise technical comments.

The rest were a joke. Calling decisions unfair until they see the replay then just joking it would have been good if it had gone against us.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:The boundary rider on 774 kept trying to make it seem like every Essendon player that was interchanged was injured........talk about annoying... :evil:
They were all injured in the last quarter.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

just like if you don't like my post ......move to the freaking next one....... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling most people can turn the sound down or even better if you are in Melbourne get to the friggin game.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

just like if you don't like my post ......move to the freaking next one....... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Tell ya what..ill ignore posts I dont like..if you will 8-)

Bet ya a beer if we win the Cup that you cant do it ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

You CAN turn the sound down, but then you open the newspaper and he's still there!

I don't care if people think I'm precious by agreeing that Lane quite clearly has some sort of historical grudge against the Sainters and it's really, really boring to have to endure it. 'Underdogging's' one thing, undermining is another. He falls into the latter category, and IMO it's really obvious and really unprofessional for an apparently highly regarded broadcaster. But stuff him. Prick's got no hair and looks like a nerdy bookkeeper that everyone in the office thinks is creepy. Still reckon his daughter's a bit of a hottie though. Little but rock'n'roll. Loves her footy. I'm into it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I was annoyed with Dwayne Russell's comments during the Melbourne - Freo match.

He stated that Rivers is the only back man to ever win the rising star award...

I am certain that Kosi won that award playing in the back line :roll: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I was annoyed with Dwayne Russell's comments during the Melbourne - Freo match.

I cannot believe people get these things wrong. Maybe if a few were sacked for making a mistake it would send out a message.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:I was annoyed with Dwayne Russell's comments during the Melbourne - Freo match.

I cannot believe people get these things wrong. Maybe if a few were sacked for making a mistake it would send out a message.
Well, whilst being annoyed with his comment he should do a little more research before making the comment. Annoyed yes, but that's about it.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

ex footy greats need to do other games except the teams they played for as there opinions are biased.

If there is gonna be a hird on TV for St kilda Vs Essendon game there needs to be Burkey or another ex or current saints player to keep the commentating unbiased.

Prevoius years malcom blight's special comments were all about teams other than Stkilda reguardless if we were the underdogs because he has pure hatred of the club and is not alone.

Commentators shouldnt barrack there paid to commentate.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I have a feeling most people can turn the sound down or even better if you are in Melbourne get to the friggin game.
Some people have to friggin work