Schneider applauds the umpire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Schneider applauds the umpire

...for another pathetic failure to call holding the man.

Displays what I'm sure we are all thinking.

This game is one of the worst displays of umpiring I have ever seen. :x

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Not a more blatant free for holding the man today.

Ridiculous umpire. Well done Schneider for more dramatically bringing his terrible umpiring to everyones attention.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

That was deadset brilliant =D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

care?

that one thing didnt have anything to do with them playing like scared little girls for 3 quarters.

no saints gear at work this arvo
they dont deserve me to wear it
im usually, mehh ya knoiw, a loss is a loss it dont matter...but that was not very good at all
a team thats one 1 game in the last 11 showed us up

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Well. The umpire got his revenge.

Son of a ...

battye
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:Well. The umpire got his revenge.

Son of a ...
Yeah, who was the ump? Doubt he will get a game next week, was quite clearly an act of revenge.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:Well. The umpire got his revenge.

Son of a ...
Very professional these umpires are.... it was all about revenge *yawn

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

They usually do....never wise. He will get a major bake over the ill-discipline.

starsign
Club Player

yep no wonder they wouldn't pay him too high time-on in the last!!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Cost us the game Schneids.

Never underestimate how petty the average AFL umpire is...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Cost us the game Schneids.

We should have won the game by 8 goals, hardly Schnadzo's fault. Poor effort from the team albeit a couple of great individual performances.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

"Now we know what a win feels like."

It's time to realise how much influence umpires' personal bias can have on games and why you really can't afford to piss them off.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:"Now we know what a win feels like."

It's time to realise how much influence umpires' personal bias can have on games and why you really can't afford to piss them off.
werd.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

battye wrote:

We should have won the game by 8 goals, hardly Schnadzo's fault. Poor effort from the team albeit a couple of great individual performances.
Yep, the result doesnt really matter... it's just the manner in which we played was shocking.. concerning to say the least

kalsaint
Club Player

Yeh a few bad decisions were called. Perhaps Petrie should also have had a free/mark and goal in the last quarter.

When you have 59 to 36 inside fifties and lose there are other problems for the side. Frees were just a late irritation that shouldn't have mattered if the other aspects of the game play were corrected.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Interesting little spat.

I wonder if either of them will be in next week.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Hawkesbury Saint wrote:Interesting little spat.

if schneider misses games because of that incompetent umpire then something is wrong. I would like to see plugger 66 defend the umpires judgement.

The worst umpiring decision ever IMO

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:

if schneider misses games because of that incompetent umpire then something is wrong. I would like to see plugger 66 defend the umpires judgement.

Don't worry about Plugger66. What does he know?

Another opportunity awaits!
starsign
Club Player

Yep thought at the time that's not real clever Schnieds ....they bite back!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Moccha wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:

Don't worry about Plugger66. What does he know?
not a whole lot but he smokes a lot of umpire pole it seems

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I preface the following comment by saying that our onfield performance today was pitiful and weak as water (and that's disrespecting water) BUT I will say that for an squadron of professional umpires to pay NO attantion whatsover to all the scragging and grabbing and jumper pulling going on in around the ruck contests was in my view as bad as I've seen all year. The fact is Nth tried it on first time around. Why wouldn't umps be switched onto it this time?

The free that wasn't paid to Schneider decided the outcome of the game. Gets paid, he kicks a dolly, scores tied. Simple as that.

Outrageously poor judgement and I simply can't understand how he could have seen it any other way.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sainterman
Club Player

I just got back from the game and I have seriously not seen a worse umpiring performance. I will normally say it didn't affect the result but cannot say that today. The Schneider holding the man decision and then the one deep in the last qtr are deadset unbelievable. It cost the game today, coupled with a side that looks like it doesnt want to run, tackle or get hurt...!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I preface the following comment by saying that our onfield performance today was pitiful and weak as water (and that's disrespecting water) BUT I will say that for an squadron of professional umpires to pay NO attantion whatsover to all the scragging and grabbing and jumper pulling going on in around the ruck contests was in my view as bad as I've seen all year. The fact is Nth tried it on first time around. Why wouldn't umps be switched onto it this time?

The free that wasn't paid to Schneider decided the outcome of the game. Gets paid, he kicks a dolly, scores tied. Simple as that.

Outrageously poor judgement and I simply can't understand how he could have seen it any other way.
I'd rather we lose than draw, but it was a square up for Schneider ridiculing the umpires. The umpires really are an unprofessional pathetic bunch.

Another opportunity awaits!
Sainterman
Club Player

Moccha wrote:
Thinline wrote:I preface the following comment by saying that our onfield performance today was pitiful and weak as water (and that's disrespecting water) BUT I will say that for an squadron of professional umpires to pay NO attantion whatsover to all the scragging and grabbing and jumper pulling going on in around the ruck contests was in my view as bad as I've seen all year. The fact is Nth tried it on first time around. Why wouldn't umps be switched onto it this time?

I'd rather we lose than draw, but it was a square up for Schneider ridiculing the umpires. The umpires really are an unprofessional pathetic bunch.
Who was umpire 13 today? Seriously no understanding of the game...think i will call him Valium, cos that is what one needs after watching him.

starsign
Club Player

Moccha wrote:

Schneids surprised me as anyone who has ever played the game seriously will tell you you are on a hiding to nothing by going down the path he did today

they are "human" maggots!! and always better to have them working for rather than against you ...sad to say (right GT?)