The Collingwood/MCG myth?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
BakesFan wrote:You are far too sensible and humble to to be a Pies supporter, JPBFG.
Stop wrestling with you secret desires and join us on the path to The Holy Grail. :D :wink:
:lol: ok, I'll give it some thought.

Nice to be back......been lurking but with the success u guys have been having thought I would let u enjoy and soak it up without me annoying u all...... :D
That's cool.

You are really are a black sheep JPBFC - I reckon you increase the collective IQ of the filth faithful by at least 100,000%!!!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

If you look at the improvement of both St Kilda and Collingwood since last year and then said that we beat them on the G last year, do you think realistically that we won't win?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
BakesFan wrote:You are far too sensible and humble to to be a Pies supporter, JPBFG.
Stop wrestling with you secret desires and join us on the path to The Holy Grail. :D :wink:
:lol: ok, I'll give it some thought.

Nice to be back......been lurking but with the success u guys have been having thought I would let u enjoy and soak it up without me annoying u all...... :D
That's cool.

You are really are a black sheep JPBFC - I reckon you increase the collective IQ of the filth faithful by at least 100,000%!!!
Which would make their average IQ about 2.

Johnny Utah
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
Young man, if you are going to enter the world of stats, at least make a decent attempt, even if you are making it up. First, you said 'since 04', although including 04 only makes the stats better for the Saints,

Next, the Saints played 6 games at the G for 5 wins in 05, 5 games for 3 wins in 06, 2 from 4 in 07, 2 from 5 in 08 (including the two finals losses), and one from one this year. That is, 13 wins from 21 games.

If you want to make a point about games v Collingwood at the G, then that's another stat. Since 04, it is 2 wins and two losses. We didn't play each other there in 2004.
I was actually talking about finals at the G.

04 was my starting reference as it was the 1st time St. Kilda played finals this decade.

2 from 6 aint a flash record. (3 Wins from your 8 Finals game this decade isn't much better either, in the same period Collingwood have won 7 of 12 finals).

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I've suddenly been filled with an enormous amount of confidence for Sunday.

We've played bigger grounds and we've played well on bigger grounds.

I'm sure we've recreated the dimensions of the MCG at Moorabbin and practiced our zone and press on MCG dimensions.

We've played brilliantly outdoors.

We've played brilliantly in a massive pressure-cooker atmosphere. Under the roof of the Dome is a louder, more intense atmosphere than the MCG.

Who's to say that the MCG won't suit us more?

Look at how well Roo, Kosi and our small forwards have been able to create space for each other.

The MCG means more space for our forwards to run amok.

More space means it will be more difficult for them to contain our superior midfield.

Impossible to win 20 games in a season without being an amazingly adaptable unit.

We've been building for this over the last month. Our boys will be absolutely salivating at the chance to play a final at the G and do what we've done all season - put challengers to the sword.

Leigh Brown has been selected.

St Kilda in 2009 - Anywhere, anytime. Bring the pressure. We love it.

jmcp
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:What's Collingwoods win/los record in grand finals at the MCG since the VFL was formed? :twisted: :lol:
won 14 played in 40. that's 13 more than a few other teams.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ah the 20's...those were the days...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

jmcp wrote:
Milton66 wrote:What's Collingwoods win/los record in grand finals at the MCG since the VFL was formed? :twisted: :lol:
won 14 played in 40. that's 13 more than a few other teams.
Glad to see you still claim the 1917 and 1919 Premierships in your 'proud history'.

Whilst most of the other Clubs chose to suspend playing during WW1 so that they could join together with mainstream Australia and fight the War, the 'great Collingwood' showed the rest of the country where their priorities lay - winning Premierships against little opposition.

And they now have the audacity to claim that Anzac Day is 'theirs'!

What a farkin bunch of hypocritical, revisionist,despicable lowlifes they really are.

They 'proudly claim' Premierships won whilst most of the other CLubs players were spilling blood on the battlefields. And then they try to take the high moral ground by claiming the memorial day for those who 'fell'?
Just like the 'racial villification problem' that they went such a long way to create, and now conveniently forget.

A FARKIn DISGRACE is the 'mighty Collingwood FC'. And no amount of revisionist history being spruiked by media flim-flam people will ever erase their despicable past.

If tehy truly has any morals they would hand back the 2 Premeierships won during WW1.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The Anzac Day thing riles me the most.

Malthouse all of a sudden becomes a war historian extraordinaire and the spirit of the tragically, wastefully dead is somehow invoked for no real reason other than to pay the mortgage quicker on the Lexus Centre.

How much of their blood money gets donated back to RSL and similar worthy causes, Eddie? Release the figures, Eddie, you fat, pelican chin media harlot.

A revolting insititution.

Smash em Saints. Bury their woefully smug, pathetic, revisionist a-ses.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Johnny Utah
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Whilst most of the other Clubs chose to suspend playing during WW1 so that they could join together with mainstream Australia and fight the War, the 'great Collingwood' showed the rest of the country where their priorities lay - winning Premierships against little opposition.
So what about the clubs who won flags from 1935 to 1945 & 1965 to 1972?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Utah wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Whilst most of the other Clubs chose to suspend playing during WW1 so that they could join together with mainstream Australia and fight the War, the 'great Collingwood' showed the rest of the country where their priorities lay - winning Premierships against little opposition.
So what about the clubs who won flags from 1935 to 1945 & 1965 to 1972?
ANd what does that question mean? Are you clutching at straws trying to deflect from your own CLub's pathetic attempts to deny historical fact?

During WW2 and the Vietnam War (not a world war and I'm surprized you didn't also include the Korean War or the Gulf wars as well), all clubs participated. It was only during WW1 that Collingwood, amongst a small number of Clubs, decided not to suspend playing and support our men, women and children. And they proudly claim their tainted premierships during that era and completely ignore their treacherous, despicable behaviour.

Do you not understand how thoroughly sickened people are when Eddie Maguire raises Collingwood in a good light when talking about the AFL's racial villification rules?
Without Collingwood there would probably never have been a need to even enact such laws.
Nicky Winmar didn't feel the need to raise his jumper at any ground other than Victoria Park. Do you think that is just a co-incidence?

Instead of coming on here trying to 'pull the wool over our eyes' maybe you should go back to your own forum of sycophantic despicables and revel in the 'glorious history of Collingwood'. They're not colloquially known as 'The Filth' for no reason.

Go raise a statue to Millane, Tuddy, Didak, your recently departed Membership Manager and all the rest of your 'heroes'.
How many of your Filth Heroes do you reckon the Galbally family have had to 'get off' over the years?

You want to know about Collingwood's grand history - go read Frank Hardy's book Power Without Glory about your benefactor.

Then proudly go out out in the street wearing your Collingwood jumper and know that it really stands for the 'prison bars' it was modelled on.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Man I love those crazy witty Pies fans with their stats!

Here's a good stat - St Kilda has won as many flags in 50 years as Collingwood has.

Love it how they bang on about us being unsuccessful.

Talk about not having a clue!

Johnny Utah
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote: Nicky Winmar didn't feel the need to raise his jumper at any ground other than Victoria Park. Do you think that is just a co-incidence?
I love when St. Kilda fans call the racist card. Perhaps you can remind us of what occurred with Peter Everitt & Scot Chisholm.
During WW2 and the Vietnam War (not a world war and I'm surprized you didn't also include the Korean War or the Gulf wars as well), all clubs participated
Not all clubs competed during WW2. For someone that is meant to be a keen observer of history, your ability to highlight facts is rarer than St. Kilda winning back to back games at the MCG.
You want to know about Collingwood's grand history - go read Frank Hardy's book Power Without Glory about your benefactor
I'd rather not read a book that is fiction like "Power Without Glory".
Go raise a statue to Millane, Tuddy, Didak
Jim O'Dea is in your HOF.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The bog standard retort of every Collingwood wanker is to deflect facts with spurious historical irrelevancies. 'Oh Didak, Shaw, swan are dogs of the highest order. Um. But what about that guy...O'Dea...that one from 45 years ago that bitch-slapped that other guy...what's his name...the one my grandpa told me about...'

Mate, your club is rotten, your people are vile, and your leadership is disgraceful. Fact remains for a club with all the money, all the resources, all the profile, all the media and all the trimmings to fluke one flag and throw away too many in the modern era (ie when the game was something beyond a game of innacurate kick to kick in between jaw shattering coathangers) is one of the great lessons in abject failure and always will be.

Haven't you lurked enough on an opposition forum?

What are you actually doing here? Truly. I'm intrigued.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Utah wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Nicky Winmar didn't feel the need to raise his jumper at any ground other than Victoria Park. Do you think that is just a co-incidence?
I love when St. Kilda fans call the racist card. Perhaps you can remind us of what occurred with Peter Everitt & Scot Chisholm.
During WW2 and the Vietnam War (not a world war and I'm surprized you didn't also include the Korean War or the Gulf wars as well), all clubs participated
Not all clubs competed during WW2. For someone that is meant to be a keen observer of history, your ability to highlight facts is rarer than St. Kilda winning back to back games at the MCG.
You want to know about Collingwood's grand history - go read Frank Hardy's book Power Without Glory about your benefactor
I'd rather not read a book that is fiction like "Power Without Glory".
Go raise a statue to Millane, Tuddy, Didak
Oh, I can see we have a fish prepared to bite.

When was the last time Collingwood won a premiership in September?

Glad to see that you can actually read - you're obviously not the average toothless moron that supports Collingwood.

Power Without Glory is as close to a biography about John Wren adn the Catholic Church adn Collingwood as he could write without being sued.

But you knew that didn't you? You just want to ignore it like the rest of Collingwood's sordid past so that you can concentrate on their 'great history'.

How proud you and your fellow supporters must feel when Eddie tells you how great the glorious history of Collingwood is.

You want to respond to the racism allegation?
It wasn't the Colliongwood players Winmar was showing his skin clour to - it was you supporters. You were so racially abusive that he felt the need to to respond. Collingwood supporters probably felt no shame about it -they probably even laughed at him over it. I'll bet that they still today laugh about the time 'we got into Winmar's head'.
Collingwood supporters just have no clue.
Despicable, disgusting, deplorable, disgraceful.

As for Everitt, there are racists everywhere, but no Club other than Collingwood, NEVER had an indigernous player until the 1990's. Why do you think that happened?
No indigenous player was good enough to play for Collingwood?
Surely if all the other Clubs could find them, Collingwood could have found one?

As for O'Dea being in the Hall of Fame - what did he do in comparison to Tuddy, Millane who I believe are in the Filth Hall of Fame, or Didak who I'm sure will be beatified by the Collingwood Faithfull eventually?

One incident, nothing to do with St Kilda, sticks in my memory about Collingwood.
Peter McKenna played many games for Collingwood and kicked 100's of goals as your beloved full-forward. When he chose to play his last season at Carlton he was spat on by the fans. That typifies the 'glorius Collingwood History' - filth by name and nature.

Johnny Utah
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Power Without Glory is as close to a biography about John Wren and the Catholic Church and Collingwood as he could write without being sued.
There is 1 chapter about Collingwood in the entire book. It was fiction so unless you were directly involved at the time, your claim "as close to a biography" is baseless.

You sprout that Wren was an unfair factor in Collingwood's success. Why no mention of Archie Croft at South Melbourne or the fact that all players in the only side to win 4 flags in a row (that is 4 times the amount of flags your club has won) were all paid the same amount.

But you knew that didn't you? You just want to ignore it like the rest of Collingwood's sordid past so that you can concentrate on their 'great history'
What is actually "sordid" about it. Did he buy premierships? Again a rather baseless allegation, 90% of Collingwood's list in that period was from the local district, comparatively a club such as South, with the backing of Crofts, had less than 10% of their list from that area.
You want to respond to the racism allegation?
I'll wait until you respond about what happend with Peter Everitt & Scott Chisholm first.
It wasn't the Colliongwood players Winmar was showing his skin clour to - it was you supporters.
Winmar was such a character of moral integrity. His wife agreed with this too when he laid the baseball bat on her (& he was charged & convicted for this act). Who knows what he was doing that day.

As for Everitt, there are racists everywhere, but no Club other than Collingwood, NEVER had an indigernous player until the 1990's. Why do you think that happened?
So racism is only applied to Aborginies?

You've heard about the Macedoninan Marvel haven't you? Or how about Ray Gabelich (he came from Croatia)? Surely a racist club wouldn't have let "wogs" become key factors in their club?

Maybe Hawthorn are racist as well (given they didn't have Aborginies at their club)
Maybe Carlton were racist too.

As for O'Dea being in the Hall of Fame - what did he do
You know what he did. King hit a player off the ball, put him into a coma, put him on his death bed & ruined his life. Yet he is in your HoF.
When he chose to play his last season at Carlton he was spat on by the fans.
He was dropped in a final for Rene Kink & was no longer the first choice FF. He himself admitted he wanted to prolong his career elsewhere.

If (Another baseless allegation) McKenna was spat on by Collingwood supporters, why did he say he quit Carlton after 1 year, that is was to hard to play against a club & group of supporters that he loved?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Can someone block this revisionist tosser?

Why should we allow this trolling snot-lurker to spruik dubiousness when the Pies forum is invitation only?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Can someone block this revisionist tosser?

Why should we allow this trolling snot-lurker to spruik dubiousness when the Pies forum is invitation only?
Unbelievable, it must be a deliberate ploy by the 'powers' at Collingwood that one of their few supporters with intelligence are sent to opposition forums to spread their 'revisionist filth history'.

Just watch them 'adoring' their beloved Dids on Sunday.
Maybe if they had any decency they might spare a thought for the victims and their families of the CBD killer Hudson?
Anybody remember how many shots Hudson fired off the Bolte Bridge whilst Dids was 'asleep' in the back seat?
Anybody care to hazard a guess what Dids was doing for about an hour in the Bikie HQ in Craigieburn?
Anybody remember how many shots were fired at Police by Hudson whilst being chased throught the back-streets of Craigieburn, whilst Dids was again 'asleep' in the back seat?
Anybody remember what Dids told the police when dropped off in the City by Hudson after he apparently 'woke up' from his sleep?

Because they all seem to ahve conveniently forgotten.
But that would be expecting too much from them wouldn't it?

Afterall, no Collingwood player can ever do any wrong, unless he leaves Collingwood to play elsewhere.

Gainzo
Club Player

Have the Saints ever lost a final against those clowns?

The only thing I want is a Premiership. Is that too much to ask?
yipper
SS Life Member

Johnny Utah wrote:[

No he isn't. Never has been. But don't let facts get in the way of you being a flog!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I suspect Johnny Utah is actually unable to read and is having someone write on his behalf because he's been told that several times but it doesn't seem to matter to him...

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Glenn Coghlan is in the Collingwood Hall of Fame.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
maz1685
Club Player

Did anyone hear JB on TFS last night, he said the last time Collingwood won a final against St Kilda was in 1966? Is that right?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

maz1685 wrote:Did anyone hear JB on TFS last night, he said the last time Collingwood won a final against St Kilda was in 1966? Is that right?
semi final in 66

maz1685
Club Player

BJ brownlow 09 wrote:
maz1685 wrote:Did anyone hear JB on TFS last night, he said the last time Collingwood won a final against St Kilda was in 1966? Is that right?
semi final in 66
Hmmm, I find that interesting, I don't base our game on our history, however when I am nervous and unsure I do look at previous stats to try and calm my nerves. For me that one's kinda like a double edged sword, if we win on Sunday, the pessimist in me will be wondering if history will play a role in it, and if we lose, I'll just be really disappointed, me and my pre game nerves :x