I feel so bad for Max...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

coolingbaba
Club Player

I feel so bad for Max...

...cos it looks like he's played his last game for St. Kilda.

Since we'll most likely play Bulldogs, who have no tall forwards, and today Dawson sewed up his spot for the rest of the finals. And I can't see them bringing Max in for the Grand Final.

Only chance he has is an injury to Blake or Zac, or Brisbane win (Brown, Bradshaw).

Max you have been and you are a CHAMPION.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

jay young
Club Player

whilst watching the first quarter i now think max should of played ,our first quarter was crap we should of been 7 goals behind and i thought zac had the jitters and was gonna fall apart his game was average, i think maxs experience is needed in the finals . coaches had us poorly prepared in the first quarter the team was probably too preoccupied worried with a head full of instructions the whole team looked confused lucky collingwood didnt blow us away at the beginning i reckon adel or geel would of made full advantage of that

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:whilst watching the first quarter i now think max should of played ,our first quarter was crap we should of been 7 goals behind and i thought zac had the jitters and was gonna fall apart his game was average, i think maxs experience is needed in the finals . coaches had us poorly prepared in the first quarter the team was probably too preoccupied worried with a head full of instructions the whole team looked confused lucky collingwood didnt blow us away at the beginning i reckon adel or geel would of made full advantage of that
Were you actually at the game or is this some nightmare you had?
'coaches had us poorly prepared in the first quarter'???????

And btw, without wishing to be a vocab nazi, 3 out of 4 times you use the word 'of' it actually should be 'have'.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i don't think there is anyone associated with the club who doesn't feel for max, including the coach ... but as ross has said, premierships aren't won on sentiment.

max could be included to help settle the backline and add some stopping power, but the question remains does it cost us too much in run having he, zac and blake in the same backline?

there's also the query over his hamstrings to consider.

if he was to come in, perhaps raph would play as a half forward where i thought he showed something yesterday.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:i don't think there is anyone associated with the club who doesn't feel for max, including the coach ... but as ross has said, premierships aren't won on sentiment.

max could be included to help settle the backline and add some stopping power, but the question remains does it cost us too much in run having he, zac and blake in the same backline?

if he was to come in, perhaps raph would play as a half forward where i thought he showed something yesterday.
its too late in the finals to start changing game plans!

during the year the saints tried both Zac and max and it didn't really work too well.

noone on saintsational thought it was good!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:whilst watching the first quarter i now think max should of played ,our first quarter was crap we should of been 7 goals behind and i thought zac had the jitters and was gonna fall apart his game was average, i think maxs experience is needed in the finals . coaches had us poorly prepared in the first quarter the team was probably too preoccupied worried with a head full of instructions the whole team looked confused lucky collingwood didnt blow us away at the beginning i reckon adel or geel would of made full advantage of that
yeah, they shouldn't give them all these instructions, it's crap what footy's come to with all its preparation and s***, it should be just like in under 13s where they turn up ten minutes before the game and then run around for an hour and a half, don't give em a man cause that will confuse them, just let em get the ball and have a bit of fun.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bigcarl wrote:i don't think there is anyone associated with the club who doesn't feel for max, including the coach ... but as ross has said, premierships aren't won on sentiment.

its too late in the finals to start changing game plans!

during the year the saints tried both Zac and max and it didn't really work too well.

noone on saintsational thought it was good!

i'm not suggesting a change in the gameplan, merely going through a few pros and cons.

thankfully we are in the fortunate position of being able to leave these sorts of decisions to the people who are paid to do so ... and have done so capably all season.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 07 Sep 2009 9:26am, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I dont think we have seen the last of Max....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigmicka
Club Player

Was thinking about this last night.

Here is a question for you.

How did you feel regarding Derek Kickett missing the Grand Final when Sheedy dropped him?

if you asked a Bombers supporter this, they would say disappointed, but they really wouldn't care, because they ended up winning.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

We have to do what ever it takes. But my heart bleeds for Max.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I feel for Hamil and Harvey also. Does this mean we bring them back to play in the Grand Final?

My heart goes out to Max, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him yet. Still 2 games to go. As Ross & SOS both said in interviews, it will depend on whom we play. I will be gutted if I don't see Max in the GF, but I support decisions by the coaching staff and will back them 100% regardless.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

And Gwilt, Armitage, Stevens, McEvoy, Goose, Geary....we love you guys!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:And Gwilt, Armitage, Stevens, McEvoy, Goose, Geary....we love you guys!
+1

The difference with the Saints this year is that we are not about individuals, we are all about the team and the team performance. In a very sad way, the retirement of the magnificent Robert Harvey was a turning point for this team and our club.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Robert Harvey- Dual Brownlow Medalist 4 time Best and Fairest, 8 time All-Australian and club games record holder.
Nathan Burke- 3- time BnF winner, second most games played, former captain.
Stewart Loewe- BnF winner, third most games played, former captain.
Justin Peckett- 250 game player.
Andrew Thompson- 200 game player, BnF winner.
Aussie Jones- 200 game player, 2 time All-Australian
Max Hudghton*- 200 game player.
Aaron Hamill- Former captain.
Fraser Gehrig- Dual Coleman Medalist.
Peter Everitt- Best and Fairest Winner

All St.Kilda champions who have played this decade and will miss out if we win the flag.

*Most likely

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs