Well Done Ya Bastards!

RedBlack & No White

Well Done Ya Bastards!

Well done for knocking off the Pies yesterday! I think you'll now easily get through to the Granny. You'll most likely play the Bulldogs in the Prelim.....and which you should be too strong for them.

Just a word of warning though, Adelaide pose your greatest threat. They will demolish Collingwood this week, and will be a very good chance against Geelong. They are a strong unit - across every line.

A friend of mine at work is a passionate Saints fan - but a very nervous one. She is dreading a '97 nightmare re-visited. I think you guys should be hoping like hell that somehow they get beaten along the way. They turned my club into fish guts on Friday night....

Thanks ya plick!!!! :wink: Mate you HAD your GF in round 20! We'll worry about Adelaide if and when we get to play 'em

Crows are an interesting unit. We have beaten them twice already this year, but no doubt they are improving.

If the filth don't find an extra gear then they will be smashed.

I expect that a crows v cats prelim would be a nasty affair, and hopefully we'll be looking on licking our chops at the prospect of playing the side that limps across the line.

Meh, that's my theory and I'm going with it!

satchmo wrote:Crows are an interesting unit. We have beaten them twice already this year, but no doubt they are improving.

If the filth don't find an extra gear then they will be smashed.

I expect that a crows v cats prelim would be a nasty affair, and hopefully we'll be looking on licking our chops at the prospect of playing the side that limps across the line.

Meh, that's my theory and I'm going with it!
yeah im with you
crows will smash the pies

s*** two weeks ago i said saints v pies GF :!:

RedBlack & No White

thejiggingsaint wrote:Thanks ya plick!!!! :wink: Mate you HAD your GF in round 20! We'll worry about Adelaide if and when we get to play 'em
Yeah, and that's fair enough too.

I was wondering how you guys would go playing at the G after playing many of your games at Docklands. It didn't seem to matter one iota. The Saints apply a fierce brand of defensive pressure - and as long as you maintain it, you will be extremely hard to beat.

Yes, we had our Granny in R20. The problem is, we had the premiership hangover the week after :lol:

pies will beat adelaide.

they are flat track bullies.

RedBlack & No White

Dan Warna wrote:pies will beat adelaide.

they are flat track bullies.
Strewth, that's a big call!

Adelaide have a very good defensive unit. Collingwood's forwards are crud. The midfield of Edwards, Goodwin, McLeod, Vince & Co will dominate theirs and Adelaide's foward line is a powerful machine with Tippett, Burton, Porplyzia, Knights and Dangerfield.

In all honesty, I don't think Collingwood will get near them.

widereceiver

I don't think so, the Craw have been on the improve for the last eight weeks. Based on yesterday's game you could call us flat-track bullies. Our last two wins have been over the wooden spooners and the most over-rated team in the comp. :lol:

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar

We ended the myth of adelaide last time they were on a run and I have every confidence that if we played those filthy bastards in the granny it would happen again

Crows against the other teams in the top six

One win seven losses. That win was in round one.

A real danger team. :shock:

Furtius Quo Rdelious
RedBlack & No White

kosifantutti23 wrote:Crows against the other teams in the top six

Recent form is strong though. 74, 72 & 96 point victories. You'll have to add Carltank as a top 6 side before they smashed them in R22.
A 2 point loss to Geelong at Kardinia Park a few weeks ago is nothing to sneeze at. They're travelling well - and at the right end of the season. Virtually injury free, as they will regain Bock this week.

Let's wait until the crows actually beat a team of any significance before we write them up as a big threat. Can't believe the hype surrounding them. Once they are stifled offensively they appear to go to water - this is why we've been so successful against them this year. Cats have been and still are our biggest threats.

RedBlack & No White wrote:

Recent form is strong though. 74, 72 & 96 point victories. You'll have to add Carltank as a top 6 side before they smashed them in R22.
A 2 point loss to Geelong at Kardinia Park a few weeks ago is nothing to sneeze at. They're travelling well - and at the right end of the season. Virtually injury free, as they will regain Bock this week.
Carlton didn't finish top 6 and are not in the remaining six. Geelong already had the cue in the rack. We smashed them in Round 16 and the Pies beat them comfortably in Adelaide in Round 19. They keep failing the real challenges.

Furtius Quo Rdelious

If only you had been watching in round 16,
St Kilda did not only give Adelaide a hiding.
They gave Adelaide its' most embarrassing quarter in its clubs history.
Try as they would, Adelaide could not find a way to get the ball out of their defensive 50.
It was total humiliation.
More humiliating than what Adelaide did to Essendon at the weekend.

I would be only to pleased to see Adelaide get past Collingwood or Brisbane and then take out Geelong for us.
St Kilda has the game to beat Adelaide.

ace wrote:

If only you had been watching in round 16,
Try as they would, Adelaide could not find a way to get the ball out of their defensive 50.

I would be only to pleased to see Adelaide get past Collingwood or Brisbane and then take out Geelong for us.
St Kilda has the game to beat Adelaide.
Agree wholeheartedly.

No fear of adelaide.

At all.

Full Stop.

Would love that game to happen.

Recent form is strong though. 74, 72 & 96 point victories.
but under stuff all PRESSURE !

ace wrote:If only you had been watching in round 16,
What was Neil Craig's quote, something like, "we had to get our hands on the footy just to find out if it was a Sherrin or a Faulkner"

Gold!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."

InkerSaint wrote:
ace wrote:If only you had been watching in round 16,
What was Neil Craig's quote, something like, "we had to get our hands on the footy just to find out if it was a Sherrin or a Faulkner"

Gold!
Did not hear that, quite funny
If the crows get to the GF then they would have beaten geeeelong and eddiwood in melb, think that would be a worry for us

St_Nicholas

Could Collingwood be the St Kilda of 2008? Big loss in the first week of the finals, everyone writes them off only for them to bounce back the following week. I'm not a betting man, but if the odds on the pies are good...
IMO Crows are wickedly overrated. StK beat the dons by 100+ in R22 last year, didn't help us the week after. Adelaide have played two very average and personnel depleted teams over the last 2 weeks for some big wins....which you would expect any of the other top 6 teams playing the same teams would have done.

Geezer

pies will bounce back
adelaide are all hype (generated from their own backyard and pumped up by bruce on friday night)

they havent beaten anyone of significance and been "sat back down" against all the top 4 teams this year.

there is only 1 genuine threat to us . geelong.

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable

Crows should get over Collingwood, but I cant see them getting within a bulls roar of Geelong.

borderbarry wrote:Crows should get over Collingwood, but I cant see them getting within a bulls roar of Geelong.
I wouldn't be so sure. Will be a tough physical match if Geelong plays Adelaide. Will soften up whichever team meets us in the Grand Final.

Geelong will rely too heavily on their defense and their midfield. Can't see who is going to consistently kick the goals for them. Adelaide will kill them in that department. Believe that their midfield is a good match for Geelong as well. A game between Geelong and Adelaide will really show everyone where Geelong is at with injuries and form.

If Collingwood beat Adelaide, Geelong will kill them the following week and we will be none the wiser as to where Geelong are sitting in regards to form and injury.

Geezer wrote: there is only 1 genuine threat to us . geelong.
Think you're under-rating the Dogs. If they're on their mettle and we're not - they're also a genuine threat.

saint64

The Crows are the fifth best team this year. End of story

Good work the OP as an oppo supporter.

"Don" the white as well for the rest of the year and we'll be even better friends... :wink: