TRADES , DELISTINGS AND ARRIVALS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosainters66
Club Player

TRADES , DELISTINGS AND ARRIVALS

Gday Saints Fans , just thought i would ask if theres any one on our list that might find them selfs at other clubs next year or possiable delistings and who might we get at trade week

SAINTS FOR EVER
markinUSA
SS Life Member

G'day mate

Usually... this would be something I would be SO attentive to... but not this year! I'm too busy celebrating all our players, and how well we are going.

I'm living like there's no tomorrow this year. I hope our players are too!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Return in 3 weeks

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

yep no need to go there. everyone is a required player right now. live in the moment

gosainters66
Club Player

sorry guys just asking the question , i suppose im a bit borred just waiting for next friday night

SAINTS FOR EVER
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

I would usually say th same as the posts above me but I have time on my hands so here's my thoughts:

Goose would likely be traded, he surely can't see himself getting back into the side even if max retires. If he stays and I wish he would it IMO shows a lack of ambition from him as he rots in the ressies. Also would be on decent money and cap room will be needed.

Max more than likely will retire

Dawson promoted obviously off the rookie list

not certain of his contractual situation but l fisher must be gone

the 3 above are my predictions to go, and I'm sure there will be a couple more.

I may cop it for this but x Clarke doesn't deserve to be safe. His situation is unfortunate but he is not an elite player and he is prone to injury so why does he deserve another couple of seasons. The potential is there but I have never seen him dominate games. I know there was something in the news on him mid year and he may have signed a new deal but imo he doesn't deserve to be safe.

I can't see us being to active in trying to lure opposition players but Ross has bought some quality in in recent years through trading so it's not out of the question.

They are just my thoughts many won't want to talk about it now but the predicament for our frustrated players who can't get a game won't change in these next few weeks regardless of where we finish

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Trade started on Ch 10: Josh Gibson walking out on Roos, Hawks offering 3 year $800,000 deal.. Waste of money!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
ace
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:I would usually say th same as the posts above me but I have time on my hands so here's my thoughts:

Goose would likely be traded, he surely can't see himself getting back into the side even if max retires. If he stays and I wish he would it IMO shows a lack of ambition from him as he rots in the ressies. Also would be on decent money and cap room will be needed.

Max more than likely will retire

Dawson promoted obviously off the rookie list

not certain of his contractual situation but l fisher must be gone

the 3 above are my predictions to go, and I'm sure there will be a couple more.

I may cop it for this but x Clarke doesn't deserve to be safe. His situation is unfortunate but he is not an elite player and he is prone to injury so why does he deserve another couple of seasons. The potential is there but I have never seen him dominate games. I know there was something in the news on him mid year and he may have signed a new deal but imo he doesn't deserve to be safe.

I can't see us being to active in trying to lure opposition players but Ross has bought some quality in in recent years through trading so it's not out of the question.

They are just my thoughts many won't want to talk about it now but the predicament for our frustrated players who can't get a game won't change in these next few weeks regardless of where we finish
Long term injured players have little or no trade value as the recipent club has no way of knowing what information is being withheld by the original club and by a player wanting the trade.
Therefore St Kilda is better to hang on to the players until fit again, then trade if that is what is wanted.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
reincarnated

SaintWodonga wrote:Trade started on Ch 10: Josh Gibson walking out on Roos, Hawks offering 3 year $800,000 deal.. Waste of money!
The hawks need a tall player do they not? (if they are chasing anything)

Josh Gibson is a medium player. What good is he to the Hawks? He does not have any extra qualities that make him appealing too. He can defend however he is not the greatest disposer or runner with the football.

Seems like a complete waste from the Hawks here

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Hawks could do with a tall defender or 2 and a ruckman.

From the saints list I reckon Brad Howard and Leigh Fisher will be delisted. Max to retire? King to retire if we win the big one? X to stay. Dawson promoted.

What do we need? Hmm, we look pretty strong :lol: ? Always debate about our 3rd tall fwd since Hamill retired. Maybe another small fwd as depth incase Schnieder or Milne get injured? Maybe armo could fill this role?

I hope Maguire stays for depth.

doristhesaint
Club Player

just heard on 3aw that our first pick is on the table and we are interested in tarrant and peake from freo. Max cant get a game so dont see us wanting tarrant :?:

baf
Club Player

forwards not backwards

xander
Club Player

doristhesaint wrote:just heard on 3aw that our first pick is on the table and we are interested in tarrant and peake from freo. Max cant get a game so dont see us wanting tarrant :?:
i hope thats not true i dont want freo's hacks.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Getting Chris Judd for a chamois and three pieces of eight.

Done deal apparently. THe chamois was the clincher.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
JABBER
Club Player

Trades Delistings and arr

my own rumour is Josh Hill (Bulldogs) to St kilda for a 3rd round pick

trevor barker
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I hope King stays, premiership or not... Macca may be ready to stand up but Stanley won't be anywhere near ready, and we need a backup ruckman as was shown this year. Playing Kosi or Blake in the ruck should be done in emergencies only, Kosi in particular has had a much better year now that he has been able to settle in at full forward.

Trading our first round pick for a couple of over-the-hill Freo duds? No... I've already covered that one off elsewhere. We'll be trading for other clubs' first-round draft picks not giving our own away.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
saintlee
Club Player

InkerSaint wrote:I hope King stays, premiership or not... Macca may be ready to stand up but Stanley won't be anywhere near ready, and we need a backup ruckman as was shown this year. Playing Kosi or Blake in the ruck should be done in emergencies only, Kosi in particular has had a much better year now that he has been able to settle in at full forward.

Trading our first round pick for a couple of over-the-hill Freo duds? No... I've already covered that one off elsewhere. We'll be trading for other clubs' first-round draft picks not giving our own away.
I am pretty sure King has already signed on for another year....anyway, I have no doubt he will be retained for at least another year

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

xander wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:just heard on 3aw that our first pick is on the table and we are interested in tarrant and peake from freo. Max cant get a game so dont see us wanting tarrant :?:
i hope thats not true i dont want freo's hacks.
It would be just some random caller saying it,

1. Would be surprised the saints are doing anything more than just putting fealers out at the moment, they have other fish to fry at the moment.

2. History shows no-one puts a 1st rnd selection up untill towards the end of the draft period and it hasn't even started yet!!!!!

. It's stupid

Milton66
SS Life Member

Max to retire.

Goose? Not sure about that Fonz. He has come back after an horrific injury and maybe he run at Sandy will have done him good. Mobility aside, I wonder if there is a spot for him now that Blake has settled back.

The other option is to put Fisher in the middle and give Goose CHB?

Agree on Howard and L Fisher. X will stay because he has the attributes that compliments our game style.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

King signed a 1 year deal for next season about a month ago.

I imagine he would play with a greatly reduced role as more time would be put into McEvoy, with King getting time when Ben is rested.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

In today's Australian:

"Carlton will also facilitate a trade for forward Brad Fisher, 25, who has another year of his contract to run at Princes Park.

The Blues are prepared to pay part of his 2010 remuneration to give him a better opportunity of playing regular senior football elsewhere.

Fisher, who kicked a personal-best tally of 39 goals in 2007 and 25 the following season, played seven games this year, but none since round 17.

St Kilda has already expressed interest in recruiting Fisher, with some interest also from Port Adelaide."

I dont think Fisher is a bad one to look at - he is a perfect third forward and a great mark. The mozz on him is his kicking for goals and work when not in possession - however, he did improve this this year, and i feel a coach like Ross may be able to get more out of him. I'd be all for it, assuming that he wouldnt come too expensively!

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Boring.
No one can leave, when we win the premiership I want them all to stay forever.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
saintly
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:In today's Australian:

"Carlton will also facilitate a trade for forward Brad Fisher, 25, who has another year of his contract to run at Princes Park.

The Blues are prepared to pay part of his 2010 remuneration to give him a better opportunity of playing regular senior football elsewhere.

Fisher, who kicked a personal-best tally of 39 goals in 2007 and 25 the following season, played seven games this year, but none since round 17.

St Kilda has already expressed interest in recruiting Fisher, with some interest also from Port Adelaide."

I dont think Fisher is a bad one to look at - he is a perfect third forward and a great mark. The mozz on him is his kicking for goals and work when not in possession - however, he did improve this this year, and i feel a coach like Ross may be able to get more out of him. I'd be all for it, assuming that he wouldnt come too expensively!
i think B fiaher is worth looking at as a 3rd forward for next year!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Surely no-one seriously thinks Brad Fisher is a prospect?

He's now 25 - within a year of the same age as a big bunch of our players including Goddard, Schneider, Maguire, Ball, Gram, Dal Santo, Jones, Dempster. Demographically it would be a big mistake to recruit another player into that bracket as they'll all age at once.

And as for whether he's actually any good, let's have a look at his best season, 2007:

19 games
39 goals, 15 behinds
7.2 marks per game
14.0 disposals per game
1.4 tackles per game

He had a good consistent year, kicking about 2 goals a game, bags of two or more in every game except five (three ones, two zeros). Three times he took 10 or more marks in a game. These are pretty good stats for a third forward, with Fev, Whitnall and Waite taking a lot of the pressure off him.

But the damning stat is that he only had 1.4 tackles per game - ranked 25th on the Blues list, just behind Fevola! (Ahead of Whitnall and Ackland though, so I guess it could be worse.) He's never had more than 27 tackles in a season - even Milney's last five years have been well above 30! This "philosophy" of tackling just doesn't fit into our hard-working forward line. We need a third tall forward who can put on pressure and kick goals - not one who's unaccountable and can only kick goals.

Added to that, over the last seven years he's been fighting for a spot in a pretty crap Carlton side. They're a fair bit worse than us and he's only played 7 this year. Why is he going to magically become a better player for the Saints?

Let him go to the Dogs - he's the perfect Scott Welsh replacement, I reckon.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I believe Hayes will be able to move to the veterans list next year, which will open up a spot. Hudghton's already outside the list, so it doesn't make much difference whether he retires or not. Allen's retired, so there's another spot. I wouldn't think we'd offer Leigh Fisher another contract. There's three senior spots without doing anything drastic. If we drop a player to the rookie list, we can elevate Dawson and still have our last pick around the 50 mark.

I can't see us being overly active in trade week this year. Obviously, if there's someone we like for a reasonable price, we'll do it. Most of the names I've heard stirke me as unlikely. Guys like Lovett and Pearce would cost too much for what they bring to the table. Brad Fisher would be cheap but wouldn't be much more than a backup KPP. Spangher doesn't exactly play a position we need more of. If Goose wants a chance somewhere else, we'll probably accomodate him. Otherwise I think it'll be minimal change for next year.

Yeah nah pleasing positive