A beautiful dream or a nightmare!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Well I had a dream about 6 weeks ago that we beat Geelong in the grannie by 26 pts. It was never in doubt
Well I for one feel better! :wink:

Was starting to doubt us after all the uncertainty showing up on this thread. Had a look at the ladder and decided that maybe we are doing something right! Am watching the Bulldogs game right now, makes me feel even better!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Well I had a dream about 6 weeks ago that we beat Geelong in the grannie by 26 pts. It was never in doubt
If that comes true Moccha I'll give you $100 :wink: ...put that in the time capsule people 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
If that comes true Moccha I'll give you $100 :wink: ...put that in the time capsule people 8-)
or you can buy me $100 worth of drinks

Another opportunity awaits!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I'll be just as nervous if we play in the GF whether we've lost none, one or more.
I too went to the G in 1997 convinced it was going to be our day and will never forget walking down Brunton Ave to Richmond station afterwards.
I've had so much disappointment over the years and become so used to falling short that it's strange territory thinking that the Saints really can hold up the cup.
Re the lid, it was only last might as I was looking at the ladder and browsing on SS, that the realisation really hit me that we really can go all the way this year. Not that I hope we can go all the way or that we might snag a flag coming from behind, but that we ARE good enough this year and that we are a genuine, bona fide, 100% chance. Makes me nervous just thinking and writing about.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i agree with bigcarl

F*** it!....im calling it:
we will not lose another game this year.

i think we are better than all the other teams
i think we want it more
i think we are more team orientated
i think we work harder on and off the ball
i think we have fantastic conditioning
i think our coach(es) have placed players in roles that suit them exceptionally well.

the record will be set

8-)

saint3d
Club Player

Quixote wrote:
saint3d wrote:
Quixote wrote:However...... in my heart of hearts, by god, I'd be bloody nervous if we hadn't lost one come Grand Final day.
I think this is a fallacy. Do you think you'll be less nervous if we make the Grand Final having lost one along the way? I know it won't make a difference to my nerves one way or the other.
Nope no fallacy.

If we haven't lost one, the possibility of a final hurdle choke and fall will be all the more real, if only (and hopefully, more than likely!!) in my mind.

But honestly - I don't want to discuss this topic!

The STKFC know what they are doing - external means nothing!

One week followed by another! That is all.

In Ross and Nick we trust.

(breaths deep sigh of relief).. I'm better now.
Of course if you're undefeated going into the Grand Final you're a chance to 'fall at the last hurdle'. But you're also a chance to complete a perfect season.

Regardless, my question was whether you would be less nervous. I think you've answered it already, though. ;)

I can't imagine you'd be less disappointed with a Grand Final loss if we'd managed to lose one during the season. Your nerves are no different.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:ONE WEEK AT A TIME!
this.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Gainzo
Club Player

I'm kind of numb to the whole thing. As an ex-pat who lives in Boston and has New England Patriots season tickets I lived through the perfect season that wasn't when the Pats won 18 straight and then lost the Super Bowl on a fluke play (guy caught the ball one-handed against his helmet!).

I don't care what happens the rest of the way as long as the boys are hoisting the Premiership Cup on the last Saturday in September.

Let Essendon have their precious 20 game winning streak. I just want the final result that they had in 2000.

The only thing I want is a Premiership. Is that too much to ask?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gainzo wrote:I'm kind of numb to the whole thing. As an ex-pat who lives in Boston and has New England Patriots season tickets I lived through the perfect season that wasn't when the Pats won 18 straight and then lost the Super Bowl on a fluke play (guy caught the ball one-handed against his helmet!).

I don't care what happens the rest of the way as long as the boys are hoisting the Premiership Cup on the last Saturday in September.

Let Essendon have their precious 20 game winning streak. I just want the final result that they had in 2000.
You get to see most of the games then? Will there be somewhere to watch the grand final with other AFL appreciaters?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Gainzo wrote:I'm kind of numb to the whole thing. As an ex-pat who lives in Boston and has New England Patriots season tickets I lived through the perfect season that wasn't when the Pats won 18 straight and then lost the Super Bowl on a fluke play (guy caught the ball one-handed against his helmet!).
Can you try to put in words how that felt?

Losing a grand final is painful enough as it is but I reckon a grand final loss as your only loss of a season would sting that little bit more, no?

We complete the perfect season though and we could say the St Kilda team of 2009 is THE greatest team EVER. We would actually have a decent response to the "how many flags have you won?" conversation...

"Have you ever gone a season undefeated, hey? You heard." \o/

Gainzo
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

You get to see most of the games then? Will there be somewhere to watch the grand final with other AFL appreciaters?
I get to see most games through justin.tv. If the game isn't streaming there I listen to the radio feed on the AFL website.

I will be heading over to my mates place to watch the Grand Final. He has DirecTV (satellite) and can get most of the games live.

Gainzo
Club Player

OLB wrote:
Can you try to put in words how that felt?
Words can't describe the devastation I felt on that cold February night in 2008. That loss hurt me more than the '97 Grand Final. I didn't open a newspaper or turn on ESPN for a week after that!

saints65
Club Player

Dreams do come true

Moccha, some dreams do come true and is looks like yours will.

Go saints!!!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I wonder if I should psot my dream, it's a little but more vivid than this. nad I know Barks will come up with his gem of ÖNE WEEK AT A TIME"if I do post it.