I'm struggling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm struggling

Lets face it.

The week before a prelim final is simply no good for you health.

I have faith. I know the numbers. I know our record against the opposition. I BELIEVE so much it hurts.

But still my heart is rattling like a machine gun, my arms feel numb and tingly, I'm forgetful, words bumble out in no apparent coherent order, I'm a bit cranky, I've said a few prayers despite my agnosticism (just in case)and, frankly, my digestion ain't what it should be...

If nothing else, '09 Saints, do it to avoid me further cluttering up our hospital system...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Maxstar22
Club Player

I am a jibbering mess 8-)

There are 3 of us Saints supporters in my office and we have been bumbling fools for weeks now.

One minute we are pumped the next we are as nervous as hell. I am getting to the point where I don't even want to look at them because as soon as I do they talk about the Saints. My gut is almost at the point where I cannot take it anymore.

We said to our GM and CEO that if we win on Friday (I mean WHEN we win), don't expect any work out of us. They laughed and said they weren't getting much out of us now.

All I can think about is this game and our Saints. Very hard to focus. Very hard indeed.

CARN SAINTERS!!!!!

jk23
Club Player

Maxstar22 wrote:I am a jibbering mess 8-)

There are 3 of us Saints supporters in my office and we have been bumbling fools for weeks now.

One minute we are pumped the next we are as nervous as hell. I am getting to the point where I don't even want to look at them because as soon as I do they talk about the Saints. My gut is almost at the point where I cannot take it anymore.

We said to our GM and CEO that if we win on Friday (I mean WHEN we win), don't expect any work out of us. They laughed and said they weren't getting much out of us now.

All I can think about is this game and our Saints. Very hard to focus. Very hard indeed.

CARN SAINTERS!!!!!
Just on the phone to a friend, saying the same thing, yesterday lost a file, hit curb and lost appetite and can't stop shaking.... help....... :shock:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Why?

We've brained the Bulldogs twice. Last time did it without Kosi and Gardiner, off a 6 day break.

Nothing to worry about at all.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

jk23 wrote:
Just on the phone to a friend, saying the same thing, yesterday lost a file, hit curb and lost appetite and can't stop shaking.... help....... :shock:
I know a very good driving instructor, but NOT available until 28-29 Sept....Kerb ??? :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Why?

We've brained the Bulldogs twice. Last time did it without Kosi and Gardiner, off a 6 day break.

Nothing to worry about at all.
Its a fair point... I'm hearing you loud and clear...

Like I said, I know the numbers...

It's a question of wanting something so badly it fair dinkum rips you apart.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Ape_Man
Club Player

I'm in the same boat.

This whole build up is no good for ones health. Maybe I can take a continuing dose of sleeping pills to get me to skip straight to the game. That should save me about 4 million mood swings.

Superboot
SS Life Member

I'm like most of the rest of you. Friday can't come quick enough. It helps a lot to shout very loudly at the start of the game. Lets a lot of the tension out.

But I have to say that I have the same sort of feeling at the start of every 3rd quarter. Half time comes as a huge relief, and when the game starts again I find it hard to watch.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

In the past, we've always been a bit fragile and supporters have never been completely convinced with what we're going to bring to the table on a given day.

However now, this year, we've only brought rubbish to the table twice in the past 6 months!

And even then, our rubbish was almost good enough to win.

I have utmost confidence that we'll bring the goods on Friday night.

spert
Saintsational Legend

There is a bit of background worry here..could this be the gut-wrenching end of a great year, or the penultimate step for total AFL domination for us. Logic prevails..compare us to the Bulldogs.. Bulldogs are a fast-moving quick-scoring, team, but where are our strengths compared to them? Four deciding factors: 1. Two proven tall big-marking forwards (a third if you count Gards) 2. At least two top taggers 3.The proven best backline this season(you generally don't win a flag without a great defence) 4. A proven style of play that has put us on top of the ladder.

yipper
SS Life Member

I have a very busy week at work at present, allowing for the fact I will knock off early on Friday. It is keeping me focussed, however, I am finding it difficult to maintain concentration. I jump on here far to often, but can't help it - I need to stay in touch with what is happening!!

By tomorrow I think things will start to melt down with me - the game will just take over my mind!! Couldn't we have just been granted free entry into the GF cos we finished top?? :idea: Woulda saved all these nerves, high blood pressure and sleepless nights.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
BaysideSaint
Club Player

the grand final is our destiny.
i dont know how anyone could see it any differently to be perfectly honest.
WBD are just a stepping stone in order for us to be able to achieve what is rightfully our's.

bozza1980
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:In the past, we've always been a bit fragile and supporters have never been completely convinced with what we're going to bring to the table on a given day.

However now, this year, we've only brought rubbish to the table twice in the past 6 months!

And even then, our rubbish was almost good enough to win.

I have utmost confidence that we'll bring the goods on Friday night.
I'm with you Rodger, a Bulldogs win would have to be considered one of the biggest finals boilovers.

I'm as confident as one can be when the season get's put on the line for the right to jsut compete for the title. But the game starts at 0-0 so there is always going to be a little nervousness.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I hope people overcome their fears and cheer nice and loud on the weekend, I would hate for the boys to look up and see deathly pale supporters biting their nails!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

toughen the F*** up you nellies!!!!

we're gonna pump em and see our way to a GF and then we'll all be:

get to the Corner Bar for a few quiet ones before the game to carm the nerves Image
8-)

megs4#31
Club Player

im getting so nervous about it all, im not planning on being any partys because last year i was at a friends party, slighty imparied from drinking jamaican rum punch, not a pretty sight thats for sure.

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm struggling

Thinline wrote:Lets face it.

The week before a prelim final is simply no good for you health.

I have faith. I know the numbers. I know our record against the opposition. I BELIEVE so much it hurts.

But still my heart is rattling like a machine gun, my arms feel numb and tingly, I'm forgetful, words bumble out in no apparent coherent order, I'm a bit cranky, I've said a few prayers despite my agnosticism (just in case)and, frankly, my digestion ain't what it should be...

If nothing else, '09 Saints, do it to avoid me further cluttering up our hospital system...
Yep, to be honest I struggled sleeping last night....can only think about football.

Batnoe

I just went to go to the toilet (wee) and i couldnt go properly and it would go in spits and spatters just like an old car with a fuel blockage...

I hope i am alright and it is pre game nerves

StSteven
Club Player

The thing I don't understane is "how come the other teams believe they can win it". Hasn't anyone told them. I am clinging to every word every person that rings up with a tip. Very pleased when Mrs Moppitt of South Boornang says "Saints will win it."

Maxstar22
Club Player

While I am struggling bigtime like everyone else, doesn't mean I don't believe we will win. I am still confident of that. Just shaking in my boots.

Matrix - I expect a hug and some fired up words from you on Friday night.
The 6 vodka's I had last time might also help :wink:

GrumpyOne

Oh God but I hate this waiting.

My confidence is up..... but so in proportion is the feeling of possible doom.

Struggling badly....... been 25 years on the wagon but my grip is slipping.

There should be a Saints Anonymous meeting near me I can go to for strength and support.
My name is GrumpyOne and I'm a Saints Supporter
:wink:

Everybody.... at the count of three, place your hands on the computer screen and feel the power of the combined support!

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Oh God but I hate this waiting.

My confidence is up..... but so in proportion is the feeling of possible doom.

Struggling badly....... been 25 years on the wagon but my grip is slipping.

There should be a Saints Anonymous meeting near me I can go to for strength and support.
My name is GrumpyOne and I'm a Saints Supporter
:wink:

Everybody.... at the count of three, place your hands on the computer screen and feel the power of the combined support!
Hi. I'm cowboy18 and I haven't seen a flag for 43 years.

perhaps this might work :)

Give us the grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, And the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hi...my names Matirx and im addicted to Image and st kilda

i am an addict :(

longtimesaint
Club Player

If you think this week is bad, if we win on Friday, next week will be far worse. -I remember '71 and '97.
I tape every match and I find I enjoy watching the replay more than at the game, as there is no tension.(Particularly knock out finals)

One year will be our year
mick13
Club Player

Just make sure that you make as much noise as we did against the Pies! Smash all that nervous energy on screaming your heart out for every goal and mark inside 50! Makes the game so much more enjoyable. Specially when you got cocky pies fans behind ya!