***All Social Club Members*** Important!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint05
Club Player

***All Social Club Members*** Important!!

In todays mail. Not happy at all

Important Notice to St. Kilda Social Club members who selected "Best Available Ticket EXCLUDING Standing Room" in the Grand Final Registration

We were delighted that on Wed 9th September you registered your intent to purchase a GF ticket should St. Kilda win the Preliminary Final and secure a place in the 2009 AFL GF.

The registration has seen unprecedented numbers of St. Kilda Social Club members register.

As you may already know, each club that plays in the Grand Final is allocated a finite number of tickets that are available for Social Club members. Of St. Kilda's allocation, 15% have been confirmed as Standing room.

What does this mean....

The ticket allocation process will take place on the weekend of the 19th and 20th September. Your registration data indicates you have selected the option (Best available excluding Standing room). By selecting this option you have chosen not to select a standing room ticket.

While you may be allocated a seat during this process, in the event that your allocated ticket is a Standing room ticket, (which you have chosen not to accept) you will NOT be issued a Grand Final ticket.

To avoid disappointment of not getting a ticket at all, St. K FC has decided to contact members like you who have made this choice to ensure you are aware of the situation and to offer you a second chance to obtain a Standing room ticket should St. Kilda participate

1) Mon 21st Sep from 9am you need to check Saints.com.au to confirm if you were successful obtaining a ticket

2) If your order number does not appear on this list you have not been allocated a Grand Final ticket

3) If you wish to reconsider your choice and purchase a standing room ticket, the club has arranged for you as an eligible Social club member to have the first opportunity to purchase a Standing room ticket

4) Tues 22nd Sep between 9-11am, call Ticketek and quote registration number.

This offer is only available to SOCIAL CLUB members who registered there intent to purchase a Grand Final ticket on Wed 9th September who were unsuccessful in obtaining a ticket via the registration process. Tickets will be Standing room only.

St. Kilda Football Club Membership Department
[/i]

Strength through Loyality!
Trojan
Club Player

Re: ***All Social Club Members*** Important!!

Saint05 wrote:In todays mail. Not happy at all
What are you not happy about??

It sounds like a great solution for people who really want to get to the game. A great move by the club in my opinion...

Saint05
Club Player

Had this been the case I would have put Standing room in the first place. Otherwise they shouldnt have had this option

Kate
Club Player

Crap. We aways seem to come off second best.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

There seems to be conflicting threads here. One says that there are 12,500 tickets and 11,500 SC members which means all SC members would get a seat. So, I don't understand the option for standing room, unless that was the preferred option in the first place (I suppose there might be some who prefer to stand rather than sit). Doesn't add up. Up to 26,000 seats are available for club members (13,000 for each competing club) and the StKFC has chosen to make these available to SC members in the first instance. I thought the whole point of capping SC membership was to guarantee a seat in the GF if we made it. Perhaps someone can clarify for those affected and concerned.

ThePunter
Club Player

I think there's a bit of confusion between "ticket" and "seat".

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Before you are happy or not happy, why dont we just get there first.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:There seems to be conflicting threads here. One says that there are 12,500 tickets and 11,500 SC members which means all SC members would get a seat. So, I don't understand the option for standing room, unless that was the preferred option in the first place (I suppose there might be some who prefer to stand rather than sit). Doesn't add up. Up to 26,000 seats are available for club members (13,000 for each competing club) and the StKFC has chosen to make these available to SC members in the first instance. I thought the whole point of capping SC membership was to guarantee a seat in the GF if we made it. Perhaps someone can clarify for those affected and concerned.
I think we have to assume that where you have written "seats" to substitute it for "tickets".

Saint05
Club Player

mullet wrote:Before you are happy or not happy, why dont we just get there first.
Exactly. Still annoying though to think about it

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

2009 TOYOTA AFL GRAND FINAL TICKETS

1. AFL GRAND FINAL TICKET ALLOCATION

The capacity of the MCG will be approximately 100,000 on Grand Final Day.

In answer to Guidelines (a), (b) and (c), the AFL proposes that tickets to the 2009 AFL Grand Final be allocated in approximately the following manner:

1. Competing Club Members 16000 – 26000

2. AFL Clubs (16 x 1000) 16000

3. MCC Reserve 16000 – 26000

4. AFL Members 13000 – 23000

5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 4500 – 5000

6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 5000 – 15000

7. Competing Clubs 0 – 2500

Total 100,000 (approx)

However we note that the fact that:

1. the configuration of the ground may change which could affect the split of tickets between AFL Members, MCC Reserve and Competing Club Members;

2. the number of standing room tickets to be made available will vary depending upon a variety of issues;

3. a substantial number of “walk upsâ€

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The competing clubs get their share of the 25000 tickets available. I'm sure there is no end of families, staff, former players, mates etc that come out of that figure also.

The club has made 11500 tickets available to 11500 social club members. Not seats, but tickets. If 15% of those tickets are standing room, then some people are going to have to stand, it's that simple.

Make no mistake, club members are the very bottom of the pecking order when it comes to these tickets. They get what they are given, and because you've already paid your money, the club doesn't really care what you think.

JT
Club Player

Trojan wrote:

It sounds like a great solution for people who really want to get to the game. A great move by the club in my opinion...
Couldn't agee more. They are giving you a 2nd chance to get a GF ticket if we make it! What's not to be happy about?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:I think there's a bit of confusion between "ticket" and "seat".
correct
11500 sc members get TICKETS ive always thought that

chook23
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:There seems to be conflicting threads here. One says that there are 12,500 tickets and 11,500 SC members which means all SC members would get a seat. So, I don't understand the option for standing room, unless that was the preferred option in the first place (I suppose there might be some who prefer to stand rather than sit). Doesn't add up. Up to 26,000 seats are available for club members (13,000 for each competing club) and the StKFC has chosen to make these available to SC members in the first instance. I thought the whole point of capping SC membership was to guarantee a seat in the GF if we made it. Perhaps someone can clarify for those affected and concerned.
In the 12,500 ticks 15% ARE STANDING

a ticket (see bold inyour post)

saint4life
Saints43
Club Player

JT wrote:
Trojan wrote:

Couldn't agee more. They are giving you a 2nd chance to get a GF ticket if we make it! What's not to be happy about?
This second-chance offer was not part of the AFL GF ticket distribution process.

I'm pretty sure that Ben Hall has arranged this process with the AFL to ensure that no social club member who can accept a standing room ticket - if that's all that are available - will miss the game (should we make it).

Well done, Ben. Well done, St Kilda.

The issue of people whom are unable to use a standing room ticket still needs to be addressed by the AFL.

Perhaps in the meantime people who really can't use standing room tickets could swap (with cash exchange) with any SS posters who may prefer to stand?
Last edited by Saints43 on Thu 17 Sep 2009 2:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunday Red
Club Player

Hahaha this is pure gold.

Everyone pisses and moans when they were scared they'd miss out on a ticket because they didn't select standing room, now we're all whinging again because the club has (to borrow an overused phrase), performed "due diligence" to give SC members a second chance so they don't miss the game of their lives.

Personally, I couldn't care if I had to stand on my head on level three, I'll be there. But gee we have some fickle people who can't recognise our club doing the right thing! Imagine the backlash if xyz members missed out COMPLETELY because they didn't select standing room.

All it means is that a handful of SC members will now get Grand Final tickets when they would not have otherwise and a handful of September Saints will miss out.

As far as I know, the allocation doesn't change - just the percentage of people in both SC and September Saints that receive tickets.

... if we win :lol:
Last edited by Sunday Red on Thu 17 Sep 2009 2:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and how many of the 11500 (has it gone up to 12500 now??) actually registered
last i heard when i rang only 90% had done so
so most standings would spill over to Sept saints
have we a final figure (not %) on how many registered???

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

JT wrote:
Trojan wrote:

This is fantastic.

I really don't want to stand up, and hence I chose to exclude standing room.

However, the closer we get to the Grand Final the more I worry that I would miss out all together. This make me feel so much better knowing that I now have a second chance if I miss out on a seat.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

according to the mcg website

there are 95000 seats and 5000 standing room for the day

so if we have 15% standing room out of the 12500 allocated to stkidla then that is around 1875 standing room, you would assume both teams have the same, then that leaves 1250 standing room probably for the other clubs

reading between the lines in the op it would seem that maybe not enough people elected for standing room so they might be short on filling those 1875 on the first round allocation.

therefore to make up to the 1875 they have to reoffer it to those who declined in the original application

does anyone actually know where standing room is as it does not show on the ground map

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

if you read SS much this was highlighted last week as a problem.

It's obvious isn't it?

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

terry smith rules wrote:according to the mcg website

there are 95000 seats and 5000 standing room for the day

so if we have 15% standing room out of the 12500 allocated to stkidla then that is around 1875 standing room, you would assume both teams have the same, then that leaves 1250 standing room probably for the other clubs

reading between the lines in the op it would seem that maybe not enough people elected for standing room so they might be short on filling those 1875 on the first round allocation.

therefore to make up to the 1875 they have to reoffer it to those who declined in the original application

does anyone actually know where standing room is as it does not show on the ground map
Standing room is ground level behind all the seats.

Saints43
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:does anyone actually know where standing room is as it does not show on the ground map
There's some behind aisles M1-M6ish. I reckon each terrace would hold about 80-100 if chockers.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:does anyone actually know where standing room is as it does not show on the ground map
There's some behind aisles M1-M6ish. I reckon each terrace would hold about 80-100 if chockers.
so if you get standing room it will be first in best dressed into each area

I just remember the horror standing room days in the 70-80's with blokes pissing where they stood and basically not a very place to be

doppler effect
Club Player

So there's going to be around 1900 saints social club members standing at the GF, not to mention another 1900 members from either geelong or collingwood.

Will the AFL be releasing a map of exactly where people can stand? The only places I know of are at the back of all the level 1 seating. If that's the only area that people can stand then its going to be bloody cramped if there's around 4000 people. Not to mention the restricted view

Saint05
Club Player

At the end of the day, if all members are guaranteed a ticket, regardless whether its standing or seating, everyones happy! A once in a lifetime opportunity, to go to the game to see the best teams in the league play. Would be a great feeling. Lets just focus on tomorrow night, and see how things go... I dont think there is anything to worry about... for now :wink: