Hawks want Goose.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Faulky
Club Player

Hawks want Goose.

Just watched the interactive feedback between the Hawthorn supporters and Leigh Matthews on the AFL site, there is a lot of people wanting (hoping) to see Goose at Hawthorn next year to solidify their backline. I hope he does not go anywhere!

Batnoe

Roughy for Goose? Fair swap

marksnsparks
Club Player

Slightly misleading heading there mate. Hawks SUPPORTERS want Goose surely.

Faulky
Club Player

Clarkson has also come out and said that he will seriously look at Goose.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The feeling around the AFL clubs is that the Hawks are poison at the moment.

There have been some seriously questionable actions by the hawks in recent years, and the clubs are getting a bit jack of it.

The Ryan O'Keefe saga, as well as the news that the Hawks spoke to Shaun Burgoyne 3 months ago, is rubbing the clubs the wrong way.

Expect to Saints to play ultimate hard ball with tthe Hawks if they have any intention of keeping Goose on the list next year, because no club wants to give them a 'freebie' considering their work with trade targets over the last couple of seasons.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Leopards don't change their spots, and Kennett still knows nothing about due process :wink:

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

I wouldn't read anything into this.

If you read the papers lately it seems that Hawthorn are going after everyone....

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Faulky wrote:Clarkson has also come out and said that he will seriously look at Goose.
Goose better not turn his back on Clarko. He's every chance of getting whacked if he does...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint_from_birth

stay here goose dont go play for those idiots they had there turn last year and that will be there only turn for the next 30 or 40 years

saint_from_birth

Batnoe wrote:Roughy for Goose? Fair swap

never goose is an awesome backman and roughy is an dopey forward who sucks

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint_from_birth wrote:
Batnoe wrote:Roughy for Goose? Fair swap

never goose is an awesome backman and roughy is an dopey forward who sucks
Yep that makes sense.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Hawks should peck on a bird more their own size.
Go eat Magpies instead.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Milton66
SS Life Member

They can have him AFAIAC.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Straight swap for Cyril :D

vacuous space
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote:The Ryan O'Keefe saga, as well as the news that the Hawks spoke to Shaun Burgoyne 3 months ago, is rubbing the clubs the wrong way.
The only player Hawthorn has landed in trade week since Clarkson got there is Bo Nixon. Whatever tactics they're employing, they're not working. They couldn't get O'Keefe - I've read they were only offering a 2nd round pick - and they won't get Burgoyne. They tried to get Thornton from Carlton before and couldn't get it done. I believe they've been filling Josh Gibson's head with dollar signs as well. The pattern that seems to be emerging is the Hawks offer a player lots of money, then offer their club next to nothing and no trade gets done.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yes a straight swap for the rioli kid would be good.

Goose is still a required player as far as I am concerned.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
St Chris wrote:The Ryan O'Keefe saga, as well as the news that the Hawks spoke to Shaun Burgoyne 3 months ago, is rubbing the clubs the wrong way.
The only player Hawthorn has landed in trade week since Clarkson got there is Bo Nixon. Whatever tactics they're employing, they're not working. They couldn't get O'Keefe - I've read they were only offering a 2nd round pick - and they won't get Burgoyne. They tried to get Thornton from Carlton before and couldn't get it done. I believe they've been filling Josh Gibson's head with dollar signs as well. The pattern that seems to be emerging is the Hawks offer a player lots of money, then offer their club next to nothing and no trade gets done.
I think a lot of the conjecture is about their behaviour going the other way - they tend to be known for giving false information regarding players they are looking to offload. Key examples are Jonathon Hay (bipolar) and Nathan Thompson (depression amongst other degenerative injuries), as well as Tim Boyle whom they tried to offload to us last year (lucky we didnt as he retired this year due to injuries which he couldnt recover from). These players were all suffering at the time from injuries which would severely limit their future output in AFL, and each have since proven this to be the case. Whist each club is responsibe for due diligence on players before they are recruited, some of it does fall back on the honesty of the club seeking to trade them.

So yes, their tactics at getting players are also quite poor, but it is mainly what they do to trade off a player (and often for a high pick) that has gotten them in trouble...

claystreet
Club Player

Yep Rioli for goose but better if he stays here, as long as he can get consistant game time othewise he will be chomping at the bit to go elswhere to get a game.

Loyalty dont get you games

saintly_safes
Club Player

Imo Goose's day's as a saint are numbered :( .As much as I would love him to stay he doesnt fit into Ross's plan & would be better off seeking options elsewhere if he wants to play senior footy which I'm sure he does .

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Who don't they want!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

They can't have him- he's ours! He will be back! Bigger, stronger and hungrier. We have the players for a strong team for the next five years. We may win a flag this year, we may not. But if a team can get up there often enough it has to happen. He is still only 25, a mere pup. There is no doubt that he would get a game in almost any other team but that's what has to happen for successful teams. They have to maintain their depth in the list. And besides, I like the guy!

ace
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
I think a lot of the conjecture is about their behaviour going the other way - they tend to be known for giving false information regarding players they are looking to offload. Key examples are Jonathon Hay (bipolar) and Nathan Thompson (depression amongst other degenerative injuries), as well as Tim Boyle whom they tried to offload to us last year (lucky we didnt as he retired this year due to injuries which he couldnt recover from). These players were all suffering at the time from injuries which would severely limit their future output in AFL, and each have since proven this to be the case. Whist each club is responsibe for due diligence on players before they are recruited, some of it does fall back on the honesty of the club seeking to trade them.

So yes, their tactics at getting players are also quite poor, but it is mainly what they do to trade off a player (and often for a high pick) that has gotten them in trouble...
Never trust a politician, they are professionals at deceit.
Never trust a club run by a politician.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
golden hawk
Club Player

Re: Hawks want Goose.

Faulky wrote:Just watched the interactive feedback between the Hawthorn supporters and Leigh Matthews on the AFL site, there is a lot of people wanting (hoping) to see Goose at Hawthorn next year to solidify their backline. I hope he does not go anywhere!
if it happens a funny thing will happen , anyone remember the boxhill game where we played your feeder team ?

and the big hawk guy giving it to goose [ magire i think you are talking about correct me if wrong] this guy usually does stats and such at the opposition and goose turned around and asked him how long since he could see his feet :lol: :lol: funny as , if he came to hawks this guy would have to stop yelling at him and start supporting him i reckon that would be funny to see lol

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
saintly_safes
Club Player

Re: Hawks want Goose.

golden hawk wrote:
Faulky wrote:Just watched the interactive feedback between the Hawthorn supporters and Leigh Matthews on the AFL site, there is a lot of people wanting (hoping) to see Goose at Hawthorn next year to solidify their backline. I hope he does not go anywhere!
if it happens a funny thing will happen , anyone remember the boxhill game where we played your feeder team ?

and the big hawk guy giving it to goose [ magire i think you are talking about correct me if wrong] this guy usually does stats and such at the opposition and goose turned around and asked him how long since he could see his feet :lol: :lol: funny as , if he came to hawks this guy would have to stop yelling at him and start supporting him i reckon that would be funny to see lol
I read alot of your posts Golden Hawk & you seem to be a genuine decent supporter .If Goose was lured to the Hawks would you think of him as the" Golden Goose" :wink:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Could be interesting in Trade week...it's hard to put a trade value on Goose because he has missed so much footy.....

If he ends up on the market i think the dawks won't be the only club interested in him....

maybe go for a high draft pick if he wants out and trade it to another club for a player that suits our needs..

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.