Social Club Tickets $s deducted?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Social Club Tickets $s deducted?

Has anyone had the social club ticket $s deducted yet? I was of the belief that it would be deducted during today and then if any problem we would be notified and have until 5pm to rectify the problem ... with a few ours to go I have no deduction from my credit card ... and no rejections either!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Last edited by Saint_Ash on Sat 19 Sep 2009 4:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mega
Club Player

Hey nothing deducted here as yet its pretty nerve wracking I know, I keep checking my account balance & checking in here to see if any other social club members have had anything deducted.
I got up at 6am this morning unable to sleep wondering about it checking my account ahhh its driving me insane ( ok more insane than I normally am :wink: )

A little less conversation a little more action please
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

two things
i
Following the allocation of Grand Final tickets, any rejected credit cards will be followed up the day after the Preliminary Final. This will be either Saturday 19 or Sunday 20 September. Any payments that have not cleared by 5.00pm (EST) on the designated follow up day will be cancelled. These tickets will be reallocated to the St Kilda members’ pool of tickets. It is advised that credit card limits and fund availability is checked prior to registration
http://www.saints.com.au/Season2009/Fin ... fault.aspx\
it may be that the initakl registration fee- $3.50 if that does not go through you will be contacted

ii some banking organisations DO NOT update their pages till close of trade next day- or in SYDNEY time.

the Clubs most recent advice is that succseful memebrs will be listed- VIA confirmation / registration number on MONDAY morning.

Keep checking
http://www.saints.com.au/

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I am sure that any deduction on my Visa card (ANZ) over the weekend will not show up on a statement until Tuesday. They process Monday, and they show up Tuesday.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Gee I must admit I am getting very nervous about the tickets.

Where is that thread about having to hold tough!!!!!!

saints4ever
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote:I am sure that any deduction on my Visa card (ANZ) over the weekend will not show up on a statement until Tuesday. They process Monday, and they show up Tuesday.
Yeah it will usually take awhile before the actual transaction shows up on statement, but the funds available balance is usually adjusted straight away.

I am monitoring balance at the moment re the GF tix, so checked before I went shopping before. I purchased a few things at Myer, got home and checked and balance available was already adjusted for the Myer purchases... so I am expecting to see GF tix adjustment today too..... hopefully soon! the later it is, the worse the tix I gather - if allocating on best available.....

Raven
Club Player

Nothing to get nervous about, it says they'll contact you if there's a problem. If they don't, just assume it's worked and check the website on Monday morning.

If they don't contact you it's their fault and will have to fix it, but really, you should know if your card or account is going to have problems.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Just a question, Will they put up the order number on the Stkilda website or list names. Sorry if this is a dumb question

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just know that everyone that applied as First in Social club, has a TICKET to the game ( not including sept saints.

if you miss first seats- then the Club has organised a second chance to be there- you have about 20 hours to decide...

as far as I read it- just the confirmation/ registration number. one in all in on that registration.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

not worried about the ticket side ... i just dont trust American Express!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

stmarie
Club Player

My money has been deducted from my credit card. I am not a Social Club member thou I am a Cheer Squad member and we also had to register for our tickets this year.

Legendary
Club Player

Not yet, still waiting ...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Social Club Tickets $s deducted?

BackFromUSA wrote:Has anyone had the social club ticket $s deducted yet? I was of the belief that it would be deducted during today and then if any problem we would be notified and have until 5pm to rectify the problem ... with a few ours to go I have no deduction from my credit card ... and no rejections either!
I would bare in mind that weekend transactions often do not show up on the weekend anyway...

Even on business days transactions down after 3pm will often show up the next day..

Not withstanding the above some transactions can at anytime take random time periods to show up.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 19 Sep 2009 5:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Legendary
Club Player

Re: Social Club Tickets $s deducted?

saintsRrising wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Has anyone had the social club ticket $s deducted yet? I was of the belief that it would be deducted during today and then if any problem we would be notified and have until 5pm to rectify the problem ... with a few ours to go I have no deduction from my credit card ... and no rejections either!
I would bare in mind that weekend transactions often do not show up on the weekend anyway...

Even on business days transactions down after 3pm will often show up the next day..

Not withstanding the above some transactions can at anytime tale random time periods to show up.
If you have a transaction account-linked Visa/Mastercard (i.e. a debit card), then it will change your "avaliable balance" the moment the money is deducted, although it won't actually show up in your transaction history for at least 24-48hrs.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Nothing taken yet so Im still a rich man :D

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

double checked at 5 with amex. No problem with my amex account and no deductions for tickets and no declines. I hate this process.

ace
Saintsational Legend

stmarie wrote:My money has been deducted from my credit card. I am not a Social Club member thou I am a Cheer Squad member and we also had to register for our tickets this year.
My understanding is that the AFL has always given competing clubs a separate allocation of seats for Cheer Squads.
And guess where those seats are located.

The cheer squad allocation is separate from the allocations for
"club use" which includes corporate packages.
and allocations for competing club members which in St Kilda's case means social club members plus a few lucky September Saints.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah nothing yet this end
ill try hourly 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:yeah nothing yet this end
ill try hourly 8-)
I'm fairly sure that the ticket allocation will be conducted on Sunday for BOTH sides in the GF

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:double checked at 5 with amex. No problem with my amex account and no deductions for tickets and no declines. I hate this process.
Same - do you think it's an AMEX thing?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Must be, my money was deducted from a visa card account at 11:30pm last night.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

All AMEX people this seems to be an AMEX thing - just spoke to AMEX afterhours and the can confirm at $490 deduction from my card even though nothing has shown up online yet.

Call them to put your mind at ease.

Even if it is the lost or stolen card line - that will work.

James

8bloggs
Club Player

Credited this Morning

My Visa was credited at 10:59 this morning.
Talk about a nerve wracking experience. My original Visa account was defrauded on Thursday night and I had to arrange another account number as the original one was blocked by the bank. You can imagine how I felt when told there was a 24 hour window to provide updated details of a new account! The bank fortunately got me another account which I provided the details to Ticketek this morning. They processed the transaction today and I am wrapt to say the tickets are on level one near the wing 5 rows from the front!
Saint Fid - apparently the Saints tickets were allocated by Ticketek on Saturday; the Cat's members' tickets would have been allocated today.

GO SAINTERS!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

thank goodness that is over! Amex were hopeless. At about 1.30am thay could tell me that ticketek had deducted money but only by looking at their usa database and only could tell me the us dollar amount!