For Those of us that can't get GF tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

For Those of us that can't get GF tickets

Saturday afternoon, St Kilda foreshore is where the big screen will be.

Thought I would see if there is many of us SS people who will be thinking about heading down there to cheer on with the rest of the St Kilda faithful.

The idea is, maybe see if we can get a group of us, its not going to be the same as being at the ground but at least we can be surrounded by our own supporters.

Thoughts?

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
StNoodles
Club Player

Camping out for GF tickets

Sorry if this is a retarded question.

I have heard people saying they're camping out for a shot at a GF ticket tomorrow morning.

I am a member, but not SC, do us plebs have any shot at securing a ticket at all, and if so how? Where?

golden hawk
Club Player

Re: For Those of us that can't get GF tickets

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Saturday afternoon, St Kilda foreshore is where the big screen will be.

Thought I would see if there is many of us SS people who will be thinking about heading down there to cheer on with the rest of the St Kilda faithful.

The idea is, maybe see if we can get a group of us, its not going to be the same as being at the ground but at least we can be surrounded by our own supporters.

Thoughts?
if the weather is good that would be an awesome place to go watch it ! :D

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Camping out for GF tickets

StNoodles wrote:Sorry if this is a retarded question.

I have heard people saying they're camping out for a shot at a GF ticket tomorrow morning.

I am a member, but not SC, do us plebs have any shot at securing a ticket at all, and if so how? Where?
I think what you are referring to is AFL Full members with Club support

There will be NO over the counter sales for GF tix to the competing clubs

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
StNoodles
Club Player

saint66au wrote:

As I thought, cheers mate, I have some confused friends.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

no way in a million years will there ever be GF tickets for General public...prob ever again :?

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

If you really, really, really wana get in and you have a bit of leg speed.....

I say, get right near the entrance turnstiles, then jump over and leg it.....

Stuff them, they're taking the game away from the true fans, hopefully a few can take it back!!!

:lol:

golden hawk
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:no way in a million years will there ever be GF tickets for General public...prob ever again :?
hasn't been for a while now sadly , i remember the tv crews filming people who had slept the night at the G to get a ticket

golden hawk
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:If you really, really, really wana get in and you have a bit of leg speed.....

Stuff them, they're taking the game away from the true fans, hopefully a few can take it back!!!

dead right ! that is what me and a few of my friends say it is getting less and less real supporters and more of the ones that may only turn up for this game and don't even support the teams that are playing ! i think that is wrong

StNoodles
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:If you really, really, really wana get in and you have a bit of leg speed.....

i won't rule out that option!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

and some "Foundation Members" are spewing that they MAY have to stand FFS

The Club has NEVER guaranteed SEATS but just TICKETS and some have threaten to not renew their Social Club Membership if they are given standing room tickets..

Time some get a grip on just how hard it is to get a TICKET to the GF.. and stop the "bitching"

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Just don't start ripping apart MCC members people, I pay alot of money for the membership.....

8-)

golden hawk
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:Just don't start ripping apart MCC members people, I pay alot of money for the membership.....

8-)
no with out mmc there would be no stands hope you guys make heaps of noise in there and do the wave too if you can get away with it

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the reality is the members contribute about 1/3 of the running cost of the club. the rest of the money comes from sponsorship, and thats to the club.

to the AFL the overall money comes from the media and the sponsorship again, so they pay for the right to access the football.

as for the MCC, go back and read the history of why AFL park was nailed the ground. both the liberal and labor goverments (esp john Cain jnr) threatend to legislate if they took the GF away from the MCG.

while most of the MCC members are regular folks there is a significant portion of them in positions of enough power to make life difficult for the AFL.

I would love to see the AFL free from the politicians, but the reality is, its never going to happen. the old school tie effect will be there generations after we are gone to dust.

so basically you have 1/4 of the MCG to the MCC members, another 1/5 to 1/4 to the coterie and AFL members and reciprocal arrangements with TD and other stadiums, about 1/4 to the competiting clubs, a small allocation to the non GF clubs and the rest to the sponsors who make up the vast amount of money for the GF.

the fact is the AFL is a 1 billion dollar a year business, and as such, money and power talk.

as for those handful of people who do tip in signifcant amounts of money to the club and player sponsorship, good on them for having their investment rewarded.

there's a few here who tip in a fair wack of dosh to the club, and i think they have earned certain rights.

a 160,000 person stadium would go well for the GF, but the reality is, for much of the rest of the year you wouldn't get more than 5 or 6 functions that would fill it to capacity.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

i have position No.7 in a ticketek queue tomorrow morning.....

guaranteed a ticket..guaranteed a seat...good luck with your Social Club allocations....

Who'd want to stand and watch a Granny....better off watching on the TV
:lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
golden hawk
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:the reality is the members contribute about 1/3 of the running cost of the club. the rest of the money comes from sponsorship, and thats to the club.

to the AFL the overall money comes from the media and the sponsorship again, so they pay for the right to access the football.

as for the MCC, go back and read the history of why AFL park was nailed the ground. both the liberal and labor goverments (esp john Cain jnr) threatend to legislate if they took the GF away from the MCG.

while most of the MCC members are regular folks there is a significant portion of them in positions of enough power to make life difficult for the AFL.

I would love to see the AFL free from the politicians, but the reality is, its never going to happen. the old school tie effect will be there generations after we are gone to dust.

so basically you have 1/4 of the MCG to the MCC members, another 1/5 to 1/4 to the coterie and AFL members and reciprocal arrangements with TD and other stadiums, about 1/4 to the competiting clubs, a small allocation to the non GF clubs and the rest to the sponsors who make up the vast amount of money for the GF.

the fact is the AFL is a 1 billion dollar a year business, and as such, money and power talk.

as for those handful of people who do tip in signifcant amounts of money to the club and player sponsorship, good on them for having their investment rewarded.

there's a few here who tip in a fair wack of dosh to the club, and i think they have earned certain rights.

a 160,000 person stadium would go well for the GF, but the reality is, for much of the rest of the year you wouldn't get more than 5 or 6 functions that would fill it to capacity.
you always come along and set us straight thank you i always enjoy reading your posts :D

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

golden hawk wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Just don't start ripping apart MCC members people, I pay alot of money for the membership.....

8-)
no with out mmc there would be no stands hope you guys make heaps of noise in there and do the wave too if you can get away with it
I'm sitting with the Saints members.

I may have an MCC membership, but I'm not using it, I'd rather sit with you guys!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
golden hawk wrote:

8-)
I'm sitting with the Saints members.

I may have an MCC membership, but I'm not using it, I'd rather sit with you guys!!!

Yup me too!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor