Grand Final Tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Bug
Club Player

Richter wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Ticketek have closed the system so operators can't see ...............
all you people in M be happy BUT forgive us who are higher for just being glad :P

GO Saints
Yep, I'm in standard too. However, don't get too smug if you're close to the front...... and bring your raincoats!!

Forecast for Saturday

Cloudy. Scattered showers with local hail or thunder possible. Winds west to northwesterly averaging up to 55 km/h tending west to southwesterly up to 50 km/h during the afternoon.

City

Windy. Showers.

Min 9 Max 15
i would not care if it rained SH*T, im just happy to be at the game.

CARNNNNNNNNN THE SAINTS

boneless23
Club Player

I am starting to really worry. I am a SC member, registered as I should including Standing Room and yet I have nothing deducted.

I am not sure what is going on but I am not happy about it.

saints4ever
Club Player

boneless23 wrote:I am starting to really worry. I am a SC member, registered as I should including Standing Room and yet I have nothing deducted.

if you registered and included to accept standing, you will have tickets. Perhaps give ticketek a call... save you worrying all night. The bank has prob just not registered the pmt on your account yet... some banks do straight away, and it seems others are just slower....

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saints4ever wrote:
boneless23 wrote:I am starting to really worry. I am a SC member, registered as I should including Standing Room and yet I have nothing deducted.

if you registered and included to accept standing, you will have tickets. Perhaps give ticketek a call... save you worrying all night. The bank has prob just not registered the pmt on your account yet... some banks do straight away, and it seems others are just slower....
And tell us the result!!!

clarkie54
Club Player

My girlfriend and my mum registered as Sept Saints. Both on the same registration with the same credit card. Had two lots of $125 payments taken out and two lots of the $3.50 booking fee a couple of weeks ago.

She's checked her credit card today and $142.50 has come out which indicates one standing room ticket. Not two lots, just one.

Which is strange because isn't it a one in all in, one out all out scenario???

Also neither got a phone call, very strange!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

ok so i'm stressing just a little bit.

My mum has just got home and reckons nothing has been taken from her account, but she has just got the paper she printed out that confirmed our registartion.

she definately said she said yes to standing room so that can't be the issue, so unless the bank is having issues i don't know what's going on.
and its too late to talk to ticketek now so i'm shitting myself.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
fingers
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:ok so i'm stressing just a little bit.

My mum has just got home and reckons nothing has been taken from her account, but she has just got the paper she printed out that confirmed our registartion.

she definately said she said yes to standing room so that can't be the issue, so unless the bank is having issues i don't know what's going on.

Is it an Amex card ? If so, check my Amex thread.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Looks like Mrs Animal Enclosure & I have scored a couple of premium seats.

Can't wait...

boneless23
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:ok so i'm stressing just a little bit.

I am the same mate....I am putting it down to the fact that I booked it on a Mastercard. Everyone that booked it on Visa seems to have had a deduction. I also checked my flights which I booked online on the 11th and they were not deducted from my account until the 16th. I am resting easy tonight but it will be first on my to do list tomorrow thats for sure!!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

she just called bank and looks as if its gone through but just not on the interent. *sigh of relief*

pretty sure we have standard seats, not the best but it isn't restrictedor standing and i'm going to the afl grand final.

stoked.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The sept saints ballot is about to be emailed to members

http://twitter.com/stkildafc

As of three hours ago.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Standing room for our group of 7

Pretty dissapointed at first but on reflection we are gonna make it work..they are on the wing GSS so good viewing

Just for those who were querying..yes you are allocated a specific standing room area..ours is M19 which I thought was in the AFL Members but maybe they let the standing room be used for others on GF day

Anyhoo we are in the ground when so many arent...so no more grizzling from me!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

We were lucky in that we have really good seats. However, I had a contingency plan. When at the ground on Friday night, I had decided to borrow Rocket Man if I missed out on a ticket so that he could give me a lift up to the roof. Would have been happy to sit up there with my esky and binoculars. I wasn't missing the GF for anything..... :P

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Anyone get the members weekly email yet?

Richter
SS Life Member

boneless23 wrote:I am the same mate....I am putting it down to the fact that I booked it on a Mastercard.
Hmm, don't think it's that. I have a MC comm bank card - definitely gone through on mine BUT I had to speak to an operator - doesn't show up on internet or automated telephone banking straight away.

Tomorrow you should be able to check on the ticketek site, and then from noon pick up your tix from any outlet. Good luck dude!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
sainter35
Club Player

Yes, I don't think you could put any problems down to using a Mastercard. I'd say the vast majority of people used a Mastercard or Visa. Just wait until tomorrow morning and everything will be clearer.

lovedal26
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:Anyone get the members weekly email yet?
not me

nick dal santo #26
saints4ever
Club Player

The ballot results are up on saints.com.au now.

looks like those SC members who did not opt for standing room tix and so missed out can still get standing room if they wish. Details on the site with the ballot info. They obviously did not allocate all left over standing to sept saints, but kept some for SC people who missed out..

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saints4ever wrote:The ballot results are up on saints.com.au now.

looks like those SC members who did not opt for standing room tix and so missed out can still get standing room if they wish. Details on the site with the ballot info. They obviously did not allocate all left over standing to sept saints, but kept some for SC people who missed out..
good on them, it's the right thing to do, even thou it doesn't help me as a sept saint.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

From what i'm reading on here this Social Club Grand Final Ticket system
is a real raffle,i'm now soooo glad i wasn't eligible....

Commiserations to those who ended up with Standing Room tickets,if it was me i'd stay home and watch it on the TV....

I still cant believe how easy it was for me to get a ticket...

I went to Ticketek and was back home in less than hour with a front row seat on the wing... :oops:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
sainter35
Club Player

I don't think it's the people who got a ticket to the Grand Final that you should be feeling sorry for.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

everyone knew the risk if you didnt choose 'including standing room'

yes some people cannot stand
but i know what my plan was if i ended up with standing room, and its pretty obvious
people have had months to prepare.

sorry to those SC members who have been there for years that did pick best avl including standing and actually got standing

the system is farked

sainter35
Club Player

I suppose it was a risk some of us were prepared to take because I've been going to the footy with my family my whole life and I didn't think we should seperate because one person couldn't stand.

I've been successful in the ballot but the thing I'm happy with is that those Social Club members who did miss out will get another chance on Tuesday. To me that's important.

There seems to be a perception that standing is bad. I generally stand for our away games because I prefer to be close to the action rather than on level 3, it's closer to the bar and toilet and I can release a bit of nervous energy by moving around a little. Obviously not everybody can do that (notably the elderly and children) and I feel very sorry for those people but if you are in the standing room the atmosphere created at the MCG in particular is great. The M10 Hawks supporters for instance do a brilliant job and our supporters are better.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

I'm so jealous most of you now about your seats. I've only just found out i'm successful.

My first grandfinal so i'm pumped!! Cheer loud everyone!!

Go saints in '09!
saintmia
Club Player

bobmurray how did you get a ticket so easily then? AFL member? MCC member?