FFS! Can we get neurotic nervous worriers out of here!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

FFS! Can we get neurotic nervous worriers out of here!!!

I know its a saints supporter trait, and I sometimes get afflicted with it too, but ffs, some of the fear here is rediculous!

Some are worrying about a long range weather forecast of some rain & how that might suddenly turn us into a school boy footy team! Others are worried about how the cats looked, how we played, or how they got out of bed in the morning and the implications for the team's performance.

FFS, stop jumping at shadows!!

We are in the gf, and WE have got their measure.

We played an average game in the pf, & started slowly. The dogs threw everything at us, played their best game for the year, and they couldn't beat us!

If they played like that against the cats in the qual final, they would have won easily!

We have fantastic defensive structures and the most dangerous forward line.

Also, I can't believe people here looked at the cats playing some witches hats on saturday night, and they think they are all of a sudden much better than us.

The pies were a spent force, mentally & physically before the game started. Collingwood applied about a total of 10 minutes of pressure in the game (in the first & second qrt), & during that time the cats struggled.

WE will be applying 100+ MINUTES of pressure.

Another fear is that all of a sudden cats have a full fit and are fighting fit. That's BS! Ottens has had no real pressure applyed to him yet. He is not up to taking on what he will face in the gf.

And as for steve Johnstone....HA!!! This guy has no conditioning and played one easy game on the hff against an outfit that would have been smashed by freo. HE will be a SPUD next week.

So get out from under the covers, support hard, enjoy the week and watch the saints give them hell!!

rant off/

jk23
Club Player

Agree, also don't forget the pies played in 29 degree heat, so it did not take them long to run out of legs and made the ferals look good........

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dont worry - what will be will be.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I am a neurotic nervous worrier but sorry, I will have to stay. See me after the game and I will apologise hopefully!!!!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
degruch
Saintsational Legend

That's the poblem with a St Kilda forum...too many St Kilda supporters! I guess you can't blame people for forgetting how well we've done this season, and for thinking we'll fall over at the last hurdle (1997 wasn't that long ago). However, media support seems to have a lot of people thinking Geelong have performed some kind of miracle and will crush us like a flabby grap. Of course, the reality is, they've done nothing to prove they've advanced since R14, I think we have. This St Kilda has a toughened resolve, cannot see them losing a GF.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Well.

It is a grand final.

If there is one thing that I learned from 1997, it's that you have to enjoy this week.

Geelong have a lot in their favour, experience, confidence yada yada.

But. As far as I can tell, we have a pretty good shot at taking this out.

All that I am hoping for is that we give it a fair dinkum crack and throw everything INCLUDING the fkn kitchen sink.

Be loud and proud. **** it we are the best performed team this year

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Milton66
SS Life Member

Reincarnated once told me that people fears are based on their own insecurities. Sadly, it seems this is also evident when it comes to objectively previewing the GF.

Get a grip people.

Wanna crap ya dacks? Go start a "Woe is me" thread.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Do you expect everyone to be cocky and arrogant?

We've won one flag, this could be the biggest (equal if you're old :wink: ) day of our lives. Of course people are going to be nervous,and worry, it would be weird if they didn't.

Bring back the Lockett era
kaos theory
Club Player

bigred wrote:Well.

It is a grand final.

If there is one thing that I learned from 1997, it's that you have to enjoy this week.

Geelong have a lot in their favour, experience, confidence yada yada.

But. As far as I can tell, we have a pretty good shot at taking this out.

All that I am hoping for is that we give it a fair dinkum crack and throw everything INCLUDING the fkn kitchen sink.

Be loud and proud. **** it we are the best performed team this year
and remember bigred, we went in hot favourites in 97....We simply had to turn up and we were going to win....

I'm happy if peolpe think they are the favs.....it put more pressure on them......

Milton66
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:Do you expect everyone to be cocky and arrogant?

We've won one flag, this could be the biggest (equal if you're old :wink: ) day of our lives. Of course people are going to be nervous,and worry, it would be weird if they didn't.
The last thing I am is cocky or arrogant.

Based on what we've done this year, we're more than 50/50.

If we lose, I'll deal with it then.

I mean, we're all going to die.. so let'sot get all cocky and instead slit our wrists.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
kaos theory
Club Player

But with us saints supporters, it goes over the top too many times...

Nothing is certain, but I'm confident. Bring it on!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually, expect the Geelong supporters to be cocky and arrogant this week, already got it walking back to my car Friday night.
After Saturday night they will believe that they just have to turn up on saturday and they will win.
They may be in for a very rude shock.
Am I confident, of course not, it's a Grand Final.
Do I believe we can win, of course I do.
But hell, I'd rather be playing Collingwood, or better still the Bulldogs this week. Not because the Doggies would be easy to beat, which they wouldn't be as Friday night showed, but it would be great for two groups of long suffering supporters to enjoy Grand Final win.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Haven't seen any cockiness or arrogance on this thread yet, just the facts ma'am. Kaos is only pushing against the unbelievable belief of some Saints supporters that we are a no-show this weekend. Reviewing our form, our season, our hard finals run (vesus the Cats' lazy few victories), you'd have to say it's a good 50/50. IMO our pressure takes their risky game out of the mix, which favours us in many ways...if that's cocky, I'm guilty as hell.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough, I know you guys aren't being cocky. Just you've got to expect too see a lot of nervousness and worry around here,it's only natural

Bring back the Lockett era
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I find the best thing to do with nerves is think about the team. The forward pressure, the first class midfield, one of the best defences ever. I have faith that this group will commit to each and every contest and do everything in their power to win the game. If we don't win, I'll be disappointed, but I'm not nervous.

The only doubt in my mind is that the other side might be better on the day. If that's the case, then so be it. Either way a class side is going to walk away with the flag.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We need to believe they can win, surely?

Quixote
SS Life Member

I just saw a cat walk by my window it was smoking a Peruvian cigar and it looked smug and happy and I shat my nappy.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

There is NOTHING we can do to inl]fluence the result on Saturday, no matter what we say so we may as well be ocnfident and soak up the atmosphere this week. Gunna be a tense, anxious week for me.

How the HELL will I concentrate at work!

BRING IT ON, PUSSIES!!!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:There is NOTHING we can do to inl]fluence the result on Saturday, no matter what we say so we may as well be ocnfident and soak up the atmosphere this week. Gunna be a tense, anxious week for me.

How the HELL will I concentrate at work!

BRING IT ON, PUSSIES!!!!!
Here is where everyone is wrong, of course we can influence the result on Saturday...

WE need to believe that they can win, the players need to feel that we believe that they can win.

This IS the week where it's entrirely appropriate for us as supporters to ooze confidence and a steely resolve, surely?

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

jk23 wrote:Agree, also don't forget the pies played in 29 degree heat, so it did not take them long to run out of legs and made the ferals look good........
I would have sooner played a weakened Pies side than a hopeful Dogs unit any day of the week!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!