AFL Membership with Saints support - benefits?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintmia
Club Player

AFL Membership with Saints support - benefits?

After the stress of the past 48hrs in getting a ticket/seat at the GF, I am beginning to lean more and more to purchasing an AFL membership with Saints support for next year.

Can those recently new AFL members (Silver?) with Saints support please tell me your thoughts on the AFL membership, including access to GF tickets?

I am a SC member with a standard ticket in Top Deck, but from what I can tell, if I was an AFL member I could have easily purchased great seats on Level 1 yesterday.

When we are in the GF next year, will I be able to simply log online to Ticketek a week before, and purchase a great seat with my AFL membership?

Thanks.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Careful..those people buying seats yesterday were AFL FULL Members with competing Club support..whilst there will be tickets left over for Silver Club support members they wont be as good seats you'd imagine.

Takes 5-6 years at least to move from Silver to Full member

Good value tho if you go to lots of other games apart from Saints matches

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I may be wrong but as I understand it AFL silcer membership wont guareentee you a GF ticket. Only the full afl members with club support are guareenteed tickets. Similar to here with SC tickets and then the sept saints if any left over.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:I may be wrong but as I understand it AFL silcer membership wont guareentee you a GF ticket. Only the full afl members with club support are guareenteed tickets. Similar to here with SC tickets and then the sept saints if any left over.
Sorry you are right. AFL Full members who dont support the competing clubs take precedence over Silver members who do...strange but true

Today is Full members without club support..and I doubt there will be any left after that

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintmia
Club Player

How very strange!

Who makes up these error-riddled systems??!!

Gurgman
Club Player

Thank god i decided to be an AFL member when they first started it , its expensive considering i still have to by a reserved seat for all home and away games as stuffed up Telstra- WTF stadium doesnt have a dedicated AFL section but its worth it in the end to know im going on Sat

JT
Club Player

Full AFL members with Club Support package for either competing team: Sun 20 Sep, 10am EST

All remaining tickets will be made available to Full members who have not already obtained a ticket from Mon 21 Sep, 9am EST.

Any remaining tickets will be made available to Full and Silver Members who have not already obtained a ticket on Tue 22 Sep, in the following order:

i. Silver Members with Club Support for one of the competing teams and any Full Members who have not already purchased: 9am-12pm EST

ii. All AFL Members who have not purchased a 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final ticket (including Silver Members with a Competition package or Club Support package for noncompeting teams): 1-5pm EST

AFL Silver Members are advised to check afl www.aflmembership.com.au after Mon 21 Sep, 5pm for updates on ticket availability in the AFL Reserve for the 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Gurgman wrote:Thank god i decided to be an AFL member when they first started it , its expensive considering i still have to by a reserved seat for all home and away games as stuffed up Telstra- WTF stadium doesnt have a dedicated AFL section but its worth it in the end to know im going on Sat
Are you referring to Etihad Stadium/Telstra dome/Colonial stadium? If so they do have an AFL section, albeit quite a small one. Fits about 4000 ppl on level 1. The cost of a reserved seat is the cost of your booking fee.

There is a reason why Collingwood have so many AFL members. THey know it's the only way they will get to see their team in a GF without forking out close to $1000 each year. (even being a S/C member doesn't guarantee you a ticket at the pies. You have to upgrade further to a package of about $600-700. THen you have to pay full price for all finals.

I've been saying adnauseum on here since I joined. AFL membership is the way to go. $400 a year plus $105 to see the GF. Every other time I've put my hand in my pocket it's to pay for only a booking fee for a reserved seat (including finals) About $5.50 for H&A and about $15 for finals.

I feel sorry for saints SC members who are stuck up in the cheap seats this Saturday. For $105 I'm on level N on the HFF.

THe risk is obviously the saints won't play finals every year, so your paying $400 to watch H&A games. Not great value if you don't like watching opposition games. I'm just relieved that I've got a ticket to the GF.

saintmia
Club Player

Thanks Moods, very informative.

How long have you been an AFL member and are you a FULL member?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintmia wrote:Thanks Moods, very informative.

How long have you been an AFL member and are you a FULL member?
Saintmia - I joined back in 1997 when I began following the saints. Many of my mates were AFL members and I felt a bit cheap riding on their coat tails every week so I thought I better buy one myself instead of 'borrowing' one every week. I am now a full member and have been for 5 years. Takes roughly 6-7 years to become a full member. My wife became a silver member at the start of 2003 (with the pies which is how I know about some of their packages) She has been informed by the AFL that she will almost certainly be upgraded to full member next year.

More and more ppl are converting to AFL memberships as it's nearly impossible to get a ticket to the GF otherwise. You will have to be patient for 7 years though to be guaranteed a ticket to the GF. Once in it's worth it I reckon. Upgrading facilities next year as well in the AFL reserve.

The memberships are NOT transferable, but to be honest I know plenty of ppl who have 'borrowed' full AFL membership cards this week. You do what you have to do to see your team I reckon.

JT
Club Player

AFL Members are advised that all tickets in the AFL Reserve for the 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final has now sold out. AFL Full Membership access to a Toyota AFL Grand Final ticket, was available this morning from 9am on a first in, first served basis, and was subject to capacity. AFL Silver Membership access to the 2009 Toyota AFL Grand FinalAFL Silver Members are advised that due to the high demand by AFL Full Members for tickets to the 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final, Silver Members will not have access to purchase a ticket in 2009. AFL Silver Membership provides the purchaser with access to the NAB Cup, home and away season and Weeks 1 & 2 of the Toyota AFL Finals Series. Silver Members are only offered the opportunity to purchase a ticket to the Toyota AFL Grand Final in the event of AFL Full Members not utilising the ticket allocation.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL Membership with Saints support - benefits?

saintmia wrote:After the stress of the past 48hrs in getting a ticket/seat at the GF, I am beginning to lean more and more to purchasing an AFL membership with Saints support for next year.

Can those recently new AFL members (Silver?) with Saints support please tell me your thoughts on the AFL membership, including access to GF tickets?

I am a SC member with a standard ticket in Top Deck, but from what I can tell, if I was an AFL member I could have easily purchased great seats on Level 1 yesterday.

When we are in the GF next year, will I be able to simply log online to Ticketek a week before, and purchase a great seat with my AFL membership?

Thanks.

Nope Not at all.

Im third year into my Silver (quoted time is now 8 years) and we only get an opportunity tomorrow IF tickets are left.

The last three years, all tickets have been exhausted.

I doubt there will be any left for tm.

Gurgman
Club Player

Moods wrote:
Gurgman wrote:Thank god i decided to be an AFL member when they first started it , its expensive considering i still have to by a reserved seat for all home and away games as stuffed up Telstra- WTF stadium doesnt have a dedicated AFL section but its worth it in the end to know im going on Sat
Are you referring to Etihad Stadium/Telstra dome/Colonial stadium? If so they do have an AFL section, albeit quite a small one. Fits about 4000 ppl on level 1. The cost of a reserved seat is the cost of your booking fee.

There is a reason why Collingwood have so many AFL members. THey know it's the only way they will get to see their team in a GF without forking out close to $1000 each year. (even being a S/C member doesn't guarantee you a ticket at the pies. You have to upgrade further to a package of about $600-700. THen you have to pay full price for all finals.

I've been saying adnauseum on here since I joined. AFL membership is the way to go. $400 a year plus $105 to see the GF. Every other time I've put my hand in my pocket it's to pay for only a booking fee for a reserved seat (including finals) About $5.50 for H&A and about $15 for finals.

I feel sorry for saints SC members who are stuck up in the cheap seats this Saturday. For $105 I'm on level N on the HFF.

THe risk is obviously the saints won't play finals every year, so your paying $400 to watch H&A games. Not great value if you don't like watching opposition games. I'm just relieved that I've got a ticket to the GF.

Yes i know it has a small section for AFL members but its not like at the G where you can walk in and sit where you want , you have to book a seat and i think you will find its about $8.00 a game now , so what if its a booking fee , the point i was making is that its not cheap