Very annoyed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Solar wrote:ok firstly I get your pain because we have been social club members for years and will be standing. But firstly what seat you have for the year has nothing to do with grand final tickets. But they still should have set up a system with the AFL so foundation members got the good seats first. Oh well suck it and smile cause you have tickets to the big one!
Totally agree with this.

Why would you not reward your most loyal supporters who have financially contributed the longest first????? - they have been there when many have not (and watch the bandwagoners jump off us the minute we start our descent)...

Its pretty f@rkin simple and all those who can't comprehend the principle behind that and who are suggesting "dont whinge, suck it up" should pull their head out of their @ss.
Totally agree.

Surely something can be done in the future.

Was looking through the Record on our membership numbers - when I joined as a general member our total tally was only 6000 approx, when I joined SC our total tally was 17000 approx.

We're now up to 33K'ish and I believe all those who joined before me are more than deserved of a seat if they desired one than so many others, including me.

It's not about class or just because we're in the GF this year, it's about loyalty and those who were prepared to dig deep for a continued period when their financial situation may also have been as dire as the club's at that stage.

It's about those people being looked after and their original expectations being met.

reincarnated

It is not great however it is the way it is. The club wants to make extra money with our team going so well and we cannot begrudge them the opportunity.

Reincarnated feels the pain however we as a collective unit cannot do anything about it.

At times life kicks Reincarnated in the testicles however Reincarnated has no other option but to get back up, count them and proceed

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
St Michele wrote:I think the system should take in to effect the age of a member as well. It makes me sad to think that older poeple are standing while some who are young and could stand have seats.
And what about the hundreds of families who've taken up 'Family' Social CLub membership?
Mum/grandma, dad/grandpa and a couple of kids. How do they cope with standing room?

The problem seems to be that nobody actually bothered to think about the ramifications. I prefer that to the thought that they did think about it and just ignore it.
You could also argue that you may be a foundation member but your kids arent so what happens then. it is very to organise. I think people should be happy to just get a ticket. Plenty do not.
But you do, don't you plugger66.

So easy for you to pontificate to those beneath you.

By the way you said nearly all Saints members will be at the Grand Final.
I think not.
I said 22000 i still havent seen any issue to suggest that is wrong.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Has anyone bothered to read the ticketek site in regards to the issues with GF tickets? There is an apology from Ticketek and the AFL (not from St Kidla) for the c**k up with the ticketing that has affected 800 September Saints. They couldn't even get the current system right that the club tried to implement (which wasn't that hard) and yet you want to get ticketek to try and implement a much more difficult procedure? Yeah right, good luck with that.

Also, in regards to this 'loyalty' program you all want implemented, my next question is, are you prepared to pay for it? How many of you whinging now where also whinging when Level 2 seating required a social club membership? FFS, give the club a break! They are working within a system that they have NO control over. Don't take the club on, take on the AFL. They are the ones who allocated the competing clubs 15% standing room tickets that they only just notified the club of in the past week or so.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:At least you are there and standing has a great atmosphere.
What a lame apologist line that is.
TBS, your treatment is the exact personification of all that is wrong with the way the moneyd end of town has taken over the footy.
I saw an ad on the box in Perth last night me that I could still get premium seats for the game through centre square.com or some such site.
The ad said that "your experience" includes transport to Birrarung Mar to mingle with other VIP's at the exclsuive centre square marquees. I get free champagne and then premium seats, followed by a soulless concert by where I and other VIP's can dance the night away.
What an absolute farkin'disgrace. Some like TBS, who embodies the word supporter, should, according to P66, be grateful for the opportunity to be at the game at all, whilst a bunch of knobs who couldn't give a F*** about either team can pay $1,500 for a premium experience.
If you can't see Plugger how wrong that is, then your AFL membership, big end of town defence of the system is even more unethical and ugly than I thought.
Thanks for your kind words St Byron...

It's a disgrace really... I know that it's been going on for years, and as such hasn't really directed us affectly as St. Kilda supporters (haven't been there since '97 - incidentally the last "non-corporate" GF), but really, supporters of participating clubs should get first crack at tickets. The clubs should implement a loyalty reward system...

For example:

Step 1) Member rings the club to pre-order GF tix, like we did after the win over Collingwood in the QF

Step 2) Person at club, whislt on the phone, gives you an order number, and types a note on the computer about the level of priority given to this order for seating allocation (i.e. the longer one has been a SC member, the higher priority they are given)

Step 3) Ticketek does their stuff

Yes, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be there. And yes, I realise that there are many supporters missing out, but the OP is meant to be a cry for all of us SC members that have been treated unfairly...

The Saints are coming!
suss
Club Player

Interesting article in the Age today regarding this corporate greed on display at the moment:

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/societ ... -fyiz.html

And if tickets for MCC and AFL members were reserved for those that actually supported the teams playing we could get another 50,000 members of the competing clubs into the ground.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

suss wrote:Interesting article in the Age today regarding this corporate greed on display at the moment:

And if tickets for MCC and AFL members were reserved for those that actually supported the teams playing we could get another 50,000 members of the competing clubs into the ground.
MCC and AFL members pay good money year in year out for their memberships. A perk of the membership is the ability to attend events such as the AFL Grand Final. You can hardly expect these memberships to be restricted to competing clubs only. However, maybe small sections of these areas could be restricted for competing clubs supporters only. This solution may help the situation.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
suss
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
suss wrote:Interesting article in the Age today regarding this corporate greed on display at the moment:

MCC and AFL members pay good money year in year out for their memberships. A perk of the membership is the ability to attend events such as the AFL Grand Final. You can hardly expect these memberships to be restricted to competing clubs only. However, maybe small sections of these areas could be restricted for competing clubs supporters only. This solution may help the situation.
No they don’t. They pay f all for the privilege of enjoying and hijacking the best sporting events in town because their parents put them on a waiting list the day they were born.

It’s an old-money old-Melbourne boy’s club scam set-up by parasites for parasites.

The Grand Final would be a million times better it was reserved for the people that actually put in the bulk of football revenue, not a bunch of tossers that pay a few hundred bucks per year and expect and get the world in return.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I don't blame St Kilda or anyone for that matter, I understand its the luck of the draw. Though I would expect the AFL to have things operating a bit more smoothly after all these years.

As for paying extra for a loyalty program. I believe I already have done that. I have been a member for 30 years. so yes I have paid alot more than someone who has been a member for 1, 2 yrs etc. And I don't begrudge them a ticket either. I do begrudge the whole corporate thing, the freebies and the competitions. Fans shouldn't have to go through this to see their team play in a Grand Final.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Gurgman
Club Player

suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

No they don’t. They pay f all for the privilege of enjoying and hijacking the best sporting events in town because their parents put them on a waiting list the day they were born.

It’s an old-money old-Melbourne boy’s club scam set-up by parasites for parasites.

The Grand Final would be a million times better it was reserved for the people that actually put in the bulk of football revenue, not a bunch of tossers that pay a few hundred bucks per year and expect and get the world in return.

You must be talking about MCG members as iv been paying up for a full AFL membership since it started (im guessing about 14 years ) in the hope that one day i would get to see my Saints play and win a GF

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Isn't AFL membership and MCC about $700 a year?

Also plenty of medium income families have both memberships, it's not exactly a exclusive club. You just have to put your name down fairly early on.

For full mmbership I think it is 15+ years for the MCC and 8+ years for the AFl.

Any member can nominate anyone else, you don't have to show your bank balance :lol:
Last edited by ausfatcat on Tue 22 Sep 2009 4:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Listen here suss.....

I pay anywhere between $450 to $600 per year for my MCC membership, as do thousands of other people.

Calling us parasites.....get a clue you flog!!!

Gurgman
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:Isn't AFL membership and MCC about $700 a year?

Also plenty of medium income families have both memberships, it's not exactly a exclusive club. You just have to put your name down fairly early on.

For full mmbership I think it is 15+ years for the MCC and 8+ years for the AFl.

Any member can nominate anyone else, you don't have to show your bank balance :lol:
To be honnest i cant remember , i think its about $450 and then i part out another $160 so i can get a seat at Telstra - WTF stadium for home and away games , i struggle to afford it but its worth it in the end as you only pay a tad over $100 for a GF ticket , id suggest people start joining as the same thing is going to happen with the tickets for club members and social club members in years to come .

And i thought this was a forum
suss
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:
suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Listen here suss.....

I pay anywhere between $450 to $600 per year for my MCC membership, as do thousands of other people.

Great. I'd like to join next year. Where do I sign up?

I don't need to be nominated by a parasite do I?

That nomination doesn't need to be seconded by a paraside does it?

I surely don't need to sit on a waiting list for 20+ years do I?

It's old boy exclusivism of the worst kind.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:Great. I'd like to join next year. Where do I sign up?

It's not exclusive.

You just have to wait. If there was no waiting list the membership would be 100,000.

I am on the waiting and have been for about 14 years, my family is far from elite.

66 Saints
Club Player

suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Listen here suss.....

exactly. Suss you should also consider that the MCC manage and operate the stadium, including all capital works. part of the reason we have such a great stadium to host the grand final is that MCC members contribute around 40% of stadium revenue for the year... which the MCC in turn use to make improvements to the stadium. 38m in membership income, 8m in AFL income.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Personally I don't have a problem with the MCC tickets or the AFL members tickets, as explained above.

What I do have a problem with is this the package tickets. The AFL through their hugely inflated travel packages (centre square), the 16 clubs all sell 12,000+ tickets at above 900 dollars a seat (excluding Port).

Even our own club is doing so even thou we are in the Grandfinal.

If half of those tickets were given to members of the competing clubs it would make a huge difference.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Listen here suss.....

Stupid comments. They have put money to basically rebuild the ground. Anyone can join you just wait. An old boys club doesnt have female members as i recall.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Grow up children. :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:
suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Listen here suss.....

Stupid comments. They have put money to basically rebuild the ground. Anyone can join you just wait. An old boys club doesnt have female members as i recall.
I don't want to offend posters personally because if I was in on the racket I'd be defending it too but the ground would make just as much money without the old boys looking after it

And when did you let women in 1986? That's nothing to be proud about.

Motown

Re: Very annoyed...

True Blue Sainter wrote:Me and the group of people that I go to the footy with (Dad, Uncle, his family) are all Foundation Social Club members. And we have been since 1996. Additionally, we have held Gold reserved seat @ Docklands ever since we started playing there.

Our reward? Standing room.

All the Johnny-come-lately's get to enjoy the match in prime seating, and us loyal members will be straining to see anything at all, and be hurting our legs consequently! WTF is going on? Whatever happened to rewarding years of loyalty? All the extra money that we pay we on top of our regular membership fees are meant to secure us a seat in the event we make the GF. Well, we FINALLY make the GF again, and we don't even get a seat. I'm fuming. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
We'd had the highest level membership at the Hawks (Kennedy Club) for years, paying $$$ over standard reserve seat price for the guaranteed GF ticket and, as put to us by the membership rep, premium seats. Come last year and we were on the top deck, in the pocket, while first year guys whooped about their near-wing seats.

Yes, I got a GF ticket. That's good. Then again, I paid plenty of $$$ over the years for the non-existent upgrade to better seating over the next lower level of membership with guaranteed GF tickets.

It's a bitter feeling, but you're not alone in this.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

suss wrote:
suss wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Listen here suss.....

Give your shoulder a rub mate, your chip is beginning to bother you by the tone of your posts. Crawl back into the hole in which you came from as your clearly have no idea.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
golden hawk
Club Player

Re: Very annoyed...

True Blue Sainter wrote:Me and the group of people that I go to the footy with (Dad, Uncle, his family) are all Foundation Social Club members. And we have been since 1996. Additionally, we have held Gold reserved seat @ Docklands ever since we started playing there.

Our reward? Standing room.

All the Johnny-come-lately's get to enjoy the match in prime seating, and us loyal members will be straining to see anything at all, and be hurting our legs consequently! WTF is going on? Whatever happened to rewarding years of loyalty? All the extra money that we pay we on top of our regular membership fees are meant to secure us a seat in the event we make the GF. Well, we FINALLY make the GF again, and we don't even get a seat. I'm fuming. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
don't worry that happened last year too nothing has changed by look of it

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Got two tickets and passed them on as I refuse to go while others missed out. The AFLs ticket policy is undefendable and soon the Grand Final will be exclusive to the well to do of the world.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
oneteam
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:At least you are there and standing has a great atmosphere.
Step 1) Member rings the club to pre-order GF tix, like we did after the win over Collingwood in the QF

Step 2) Person at club, whislt on the phone, gives you an order number, and types a note on the computer about the level of priority given to this order for seating allocation (i.e. the longer one has been a SC member, the higher priority they are given)
Step 3) Ticketek does their stuff

Yes, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be there. And yes, I realise that there are many supporters missing out, but the OP is meant to be a cry for all of us SC members that have been treated unfairly...
you have lost your mind.

the club has to manually enter details from 11000 calls? :roll: :roll: :roll: