we are getting no respect

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LovedLintonStreet

we are getting no respect

All year we have had to prove the doubters in the media wrong.

After our first few wins it was..."you havent played anyone yet" "wait till you go to port"

Then " the bulldogs are too fast for you"

Then "you arent that good Geelong will smash you"

Then Adelaide were all talked up and the Doggies had a second chance. Collingwood were supposed to take care of us in the finals and we were going to go out in "straight sets!!"

Finally the Doggies had their 3rd chance.

We have proved ourselves every time. Why are Geelong such strong favorites? I really think the media are giving us no respect. Does anyone remember we only lost TWO games.!! By a TOTAL of SEVEN POINTS!!!!

Cmon Sainters, prove everyone in the Media wrong, one more time!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dont think it is just the media unless they also control the betting and what other coaches pick. I dont think we will win trying to prove people wrong. we will win today if we are not overawed and keep to our processes.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Respect is something you earn!

Another opportunity awaits!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The reason the Cats are favourites is because this is their third time in the hot seat!

They say they won't lose it this time! I remember the same being said about the Pies in 01 & 02! (got the years right I think? Easy to forget :lol:)

Surely from Geelongs perspective, there would be an element of complacency in there?? You know, just rock up each year and play in it! Nothing special...... Well it is to us! I reckon it means so much more to St Kilda than it does Geelong and we'll act accordingly!!

I can't believe the day has arrived!!

Get ready everyone for the fight of our lives!!!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
jay young
Club Player

no one thought adelaide would win 2 in a row