We're getting there

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saints65
Club Player

We're getting there

Last year Geelong thrashed us by 11 goals in the finals and it should have ben more, this year only 2 goals, thats what I call progress.
If the Gearies, Stevens and co can bulk up over summer and see the season through we might just have their measure.

Go saints

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

Sucks that we have to go through everything again, doing well in h&a, finals (including that dreaded prelim) etc
ah well

battye
Saintsational Legend

LaUrEnCe wrote:Sucks that we have to go through everything again, doing well in h&a, finals (including that dreaded prelim) etc
ah well
That's how I feel too.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm wondering how many years we'll have to wait to get another shot at a flag....

In 1966 we backed up after losing in 1965 but it's not something the Saints are good at...

Time will tell.....i'd like to see them win one before i expire.... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

opportunity lost.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:opportunity lost.
yep. hopefully we get another opportunity soone enough. but for the meantime, we just have to grin and bare it.

argh....

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

What is worse; losing the Grand Final, or not even making the Grand Final at all?

After 2004 we made the preliminary finals a few times, in 2009 we made the Grand Final.

As long as this group keeps improving and progressing, we will win the premiership.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Griggsy
SS Life Member

battye wrote:
LaUrEnCe wrote:Sucks that we have to go through everything again, doing well in h&a, finals (including that dreaded prelim) etc
ah well
That's how I feel too.
thirded. As exciting as the H&A season was. 22 rounds and finals is sooo long and agonising for that premiership, probably more so because we are every bit a chance. Im ready for round 1 next week :wink:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:What is worse; losing the Grand Final, or not even making the Grand Final at all?

After 2004 we made the preliminary finals a few times, in 2009 we made the Grand Final.

As long as this group keeps improving and progressing, we will win the premiership.
Can't win it if you don't make it...to answer your question.

saint4life
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
battye wrote:
ah well
That's how I feel too.
thirded. As exciting as the H&A season was. 22 rounds and finals is sooo long and agonising for that premiership, probably more so because we are every bit a chance. Im ready for round 1 next week :wink:
Fourthed.

It's a hell of a long off-season to reflect on opportunities lost.

As hard as it is to believe now, as supporters we'll get over this just as we got over 97, 04, 05, 08. We'll keep the memories forever but this initial empty feeling will disappear with time.

Mark my words, as soon as next season approaches we'll be refreshed and excited about another crack.

It just seems like a long way away right now.

onlooker
Club Player

I said on another thread that I am absolutely gutted by this result. We didn't take the full opportunities created by all our hard work. The Ross Lyon comment that I am struggling with post game is that the side (players on the ground today) must improve - OK - when you really look at today's side I can't see significant improvement. I see a team on the ground today that ability wise is pretty much at its peak although some players had poor finals series particularly in the front half of the ground

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

onlooker wrote:I said on another thread that I am absolutely gutted by this result. We didn't take the full opportunities created by all our hard work. The Ross Lyon comment that I am struggling with post game is that the side (players on the ground today) must improve - OK - when you really look at today's side I can't see significant improvement. I see a team on the ground today that ability wise is pretty much at its peak although some players had poor finals series particularly in the front half of the ground
Basically the improvement will come by eliminating the mistakes. That includes goal kicking

Another opportunity awaits!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
ah well
That's how I feel too.
and me too. its gunna take a while to recover. i hhope its not another 12 years.

The Doc
Club Player

onlooker wrote:I said on another thread that I am absolutely gutted by this result. We didn't take the full opportunities created by all our hard work. The Ross Lyon comment that I am struggling with post game is that the side (players on the ground today) must improve - OK - when you really look at today's side I can't see significant improvement. I see a team on the ground today that ability wise is pretty much at its peak although some players had poor finals series particularly in the front half of the ground
I disagree. There ain't no point in playing if you don't believe you can improve.

I would imagine that players like Kosi, Milne, Schneider, Sam Gilbert, Raph, even Dal, Joey and BJ can all improve and build on what they've done this year.

Clint Jones (great game by the way), Zac Dawson and Farren Ray are almost guaranteed to get better and I think that there are plenty of exciting talented youngsters coming through that will keep our "ageing" stars young, keen and fired up.

It's not over yet. And maybe you do have to lose one to win one. God I hate cliches.

:cry:

2010 has a nice ring to it.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
Griggsy wrote:
battye wrote:
ah well
That's how I feel too.
Fourthed.

It's a hell of a long off-season to reflect on opportunities lost.

As hard as it is to believe now, as supporters we'll get over this just as we got over 97, 04, 05, 08. We'll keep the memories forever but this initial empty feeling will disappear with time.

Mark my words, as soon as next season approaches we'll be refreshed and excited about another crack.

It just seems like a long way away right now.
Throw me on this ever increasing list also!

This season, whilst exciting has been mentally draining as a supporter! Then to get so bloody close, winning three quarters of footy and literally having one hand on the Cup after doing EVERYTHING to snatch it!

Yet again, I feel like I've had a small part of my heart torn out and trodden into the ground. The scar it leaves me with will always serves as a reminder of what might have been. It came down to 10 minutes of football. I'm bleeding for the club, I can't sleep.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
asiu

I can't sleep.
none going on here either