Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Fevola

I have been strong in expressing my opinion recently about getting Fev to the club. I think it's about time to start a thread about it.

I know alot of people see him as a wanker, but think about what he can bring to the club on the field!

Cons:
Has stuffed up alot in the past
Has been seen having a sook when things don't go his way
Salary cap issues

Pros:
Kicked 99 goals for a side which didn't make the 8
Is far more consistent than Kosi
Would take so much pressure off Roo
Will be able to be picked up fairly cheaply as Carlton will want to see the back of him

Lets not pretend he will be the same at St Kilda as he is at Carlton. With our strong leadership group, they will be able to make it abundantly clear was they want/expect from him.

If anyone wants to add cons or pros I will add them to the above list.
Last edited by #1GILL on Mon 28 Sep 2009 12:04pm, edited 2 times in total.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Forgot to mention. We will be able to pick him up for less than he is worth after his recent off-field antics

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Would have thought the biggest and most insurmountable con would be price.

The bloke's in debt up to his gizzards so they say, so he's hardly going to switch for love alone.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:Would have thought the biggest and most insurmountable con would be price.

The bloke's in debt up to his gizzards so they say, so he's hardly going to switch for love alone.
Added to the list. Valid point.

BUT

With Max retiring and a number of others being delisted, we may be able to free up enough money to cater for him.

He will have to take a pay cut, but he may be willing to do that. Most likely, non of you know him personally, and judge him from what you see in the media.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am not going to pick on his off field antics, as far as on field goes though I don't believe he is a great team player. He has terrible body language, his current coach over indulges him when he actually does something like laying a tackle.

Not sure he is the right fit, and personally I couldn't see Carlton trading him anyway.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

would he work in our game plan, will he run hard enough both ways

too expensive and would rather us work to improve that 10% with some smart trading then inject an expensive fev

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
gosainters66
Club Player

trade goose for fev then put kosi to CHB , i still think kosi played his best year at CHB , i think it was his first year ?

SAINTS FOR EVER
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Fevola = YES

He would be awesome in our forwardline and give us so much flexibility and versatility within our 22.

Plus he's a great kick for goal!

Do what we can to get him but I doubt that we'd have enough that we'd be prepared to offer for him.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Geezer
Club Player

F*&k NO . .we dont need this ass clown at our club. . .the bloke is a walking talking side show.
the bad far far far outweighs the good with fev.

this would smack of desparation for the saints if we trade for fev.
dont throw the baby out with the bath water.
the talls were not the difference on saturday.
where would kozi play if we had fev ?

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
spert
Saintsational Legend

The kind of destabilising dork which no club needs.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I dont think carlton will trade him, they are crap as it is and will be far worse without him. Remember he gets unlimited chances to be a tool cos he is one of carltons best few players

I love this club
JABBER
Club Player

Fevola

cant afford him plus sometimes loses the team rules

trevor barker
widereceiver
Club Player

Nuh

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Think he would be a fantastic pick up if possible and is a massive Saints supporter.

However, his off field issues are a real problem. The bigger problem is that at Carlton they continually indulge his off field (and occasional on field) issues. There are 3 players who missed a finals game that would be pretty peeved off right about now......

A move would be the best thing for him and for Carlton. St Kilda would not put up with his crap. Is he worth the risk? Definitely. The bigger question is whether or not he is willing to take a pay cut. If he is asking for big money, he won't get it with us.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
marksnsparks
Club Player

Reeks of the old St Kilda party culture we've successfully stamped out.

No Way!!

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

But if he loves the club and the players as much as he says he would, surely it is worth a pay cut to play in a premiership with them. He would still be getting alot more money the the regular worker.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

It's a reasonable hypothetical discussion to have - but that's all it is surely. Why would Carlton want to let go of a Coleman medal winning FF? Not going to happen. Carlton will be up and about next year. They had three in the top ten in the Brownlow, 2 of them are under 22 and the other one's Judd. They've picked up McLean. If they can add some defensive spine to their line-up they'll be tough to beat. No way they'd let Fevola go given they're on the up.

lennstar

NO.NO.NO.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:It's a reasonable hypothetical discussion to have - but that's all it is surely. Why would Carlton want to let go of a Coleman medal winning FF? Not going to happen. Carlton will be up and about next year. They had three in the top ten in the Brownlow, 2 of them are under 22 and the other one's Judd. They've picked up McLean. If they can add some defensive spine to their line-up they'll be tough to beat. No way they'd let Fevola go given they're on the up.
Maybe Fev, realising he has a problem, requests a trade to try and get out of that environment and into a good one.

Plus, he might have cause on-too-many off field problems for the club after the brownlow, the club may of had enough and he might request that they try and get him the St Kilda.

We didn't get to see the clubs reaction to the Fev incident, had Carlton been playing the week after, it would of been interesting to see if they would of dropped him

degruch
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:No way they'd let Fevola go given they're on the up.
Agree. Carlton are scumbags, but they're not idiots. Who offloads a star for off-field demeanours? We never did. Besides, the price tag will be horendously high and I doubt we have anyone on our backline we'd be keen to trade off.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
st.byron wrote:It's a reasonable hypothetical discussion to have - but that's all it is surely. Why would Carlton want to let go of a Coleman medal winning FF? Not going to happen. Carlton will be up and about next year. They had three in the top ten in the Brownlow, 2 of them are under 22 and the other one's Judd. They've picked up McLean. If they can add some defensive spine to their line-up they'll be tough to beat. No way they'd let Fevola go given they're on the up.
Maybe Fev, realising he has a problem, requests a trade to try and get out of that environment and into a good one.

Plus, he might have cause on-too-many off field problems for the club after the brownlow, the club may of had enough and he might request that they try and get him the St Kilda.

We didn't get to see the clubs reaction to the Fev incident, had Carlton been playing the week after, it would of been interesting to see if they would of dropped him
Maybe, maybe, maybe. You're clutching at straws. No chance in hell that Carlton are going to let him go. He's their primary forward target. It's like suggesting that Brisbane will let Johnno Brown go. Not going to happen.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Maybe, maybe, maybe. You're clutching at straws. No chance in hell that Carlton are going to let him go. He's their primary forward target. It's like suggesting that Brisbane will let Johnno Brown go. Not going to happen.
Brown is a terrific ambasator for the club. He has never bought their club under any sort of bad publicity.

And, yes, i am clutching at straws, but so is everyone else, no one actually knows what the club will do during trade week, but this is a forum where people come to discuss St Kilda, and i beleive we should go after him during trade week

degruch
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:...and i beleive we should go after him during trade week
With what? Steven Milne? Goose? They'll take Brendan Goddard, I'm sure, are we happy with that?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
st.byron wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Brown is a terrific ambasator for the club. He has never bought their club under any sort of bad publicity.

And, yes, i am clutching at straws, but so is everyone else, no one actually knows what the club will do during trade week, but this is a forum where people come to discuss St Kilda, and i beleive we should go after him during trade week
Gill, I agree that he would be a good pick-up, although he will be a veteran in 2011. But go after him during trade week? He wont be on the table. Period. Will Ablett, Selwood, Roo, Lenny, Brown or Cooney be on the table? That's how important he is to Carlton. It's not an option.