Thats it, SEN has lost me as a listener

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Thats it, SEN has lost me as a listener

wanker comes on (allowed to come on) and says

"don't want to bag raph clarke but can you ask ross next time why he gets a game blah blah blah"

OVER IT!!!!!

seriously some saints supporters over summer need to have a hard look at themselves and learn something about AFL football!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Heard the caller also.

One word.

FAAAAARRRRRKKKKKKWWWIIIIITTTTTT

bendigo bob
Club Player

Who the f*** is "Joe" from Werribee?????? Claims to be a saints supporter but geez I sick of hearing him.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe it was gosainters66? :wink:

saintnick12
Club Player

I heard that noted SEN St Kilda tragic Mark Fine said a similar thing on Saturday night. Said that the ones he knew let us down, were the ones that let us down - referring to Milne, Raf etc. Didn't hear it myself, but heard it from my brother. Apparently he had pre arranged a couple of days off cos he knew either way he wouldn't be able to work, and is currently hibernating. KNow how he feels. Had today off as planned, and not looking forward to going back tomorrow. At least there are no Geelong supporters at work.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

saintnick12 wrote:I heard that noted SEN St Kilda tragic Mark Fine said a similar thing on Saturday night. Said that the ones he knew let us down, were the ones that let us down - referring to Milne, Raf etc. Didn't hear it myself, but heard it from my brother. Apparently he had pre arranged a couple of days off cos he knew either way he wouldn't be able to work, and is currently hibernating. KNow how he feels. Had today off as planned, and not looking forward to going back tomorrow. At least there are no Geelong supporters at work.
Mark Fine praised Raph the week before after the dogs game and told that caller who dumped on Raph that he didnt understand football to say Raph was bad, so I doubt he would have reffered to Raph after the GF

Before Im 85
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thats it, SEN has lost me as a listener

Solar wrote:wanker comes on (allowed to come on) and says

"don't want to bag raph clarke but can you ask ross next time why he gets a game blah blah blah"

OVER IT!!!!!

seriously some saints supporters over summer need to have a hard look at themselves and learn something about AFL football!
Just call SEN and reply to that caller. Don't condemn the station, condemn the caller.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:

OVER IT!!!!!

Just call SEN and reply to that caller. Don't condemn the station, condemn the caller.
Exactly my thoughts....

Some posters on here do the same, does that make you not wanting to log on here any more :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

hahaha... the thing is, solar, you need to take into account that about 90% of the talkback callers on sen are complete knuckleheads.

it is a radio station dedicated only to sport, so there's a good chance the average listener isn't a rhodes scholar.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintnick12
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:I heard that noted SEN St Kilda tragic Mark Fine said a similar thing on Saturday night. Said that the ones he knew let us down, were the ones that let us down - referring to Milne, Raf etc. Didn't hear it myself, but heard it from my brother. Apparently he had pre arranged a couple of days off cos he knew either way he wouldn't be able to work, and is currently hibernating. KNow how he feels. Had today off as planned, and not looking forward to going back tomorrow. At least there are no Geelong supporters at work.
Mark Fine praised Raph the week before after the dogs game and told that caller who dumped on Raph that he didnt understand football to say Raph was bad, so I doubt he would have reffered to Raph after the GF
Interesting. I really like Mark and he's a great St Kilda supporter. Its great to listen to him on the way home after a great win, fielding calls from all the ferrals. Apparently the quote was that he was devestated that the ones that let us down were the ones he always knew would let us down. My brother inferred that he said Milne, Clarke etc, but I didn't hear it so I don't know. As this was Saturday night, he could have said anything. Sounds like it wasn't a good idea to have him talking at all given how upset he was.
Personally I think both Raf and Milne have been unfairly miligned their whole careers. I feel particulalry sorry for Raph. Especially with what he went through last year. I sincerley hope he or his family never read anything online or listen to the radio etc. Forums and facebook etc and talkback radio he is so often crucified. Unless he plays a perfect game, he is highlighted for every mistake he makes. Yes , I had my head in my hands when he got caught in the first three minutes of the game....such a terrible mistake, especially so early, and a typical "Raph " type mistake. However, I thought that he fought on from this to play his role for the rest of the day, particularly considering he injured himself during the game.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Milan Faletic wrote:

OVER IT!!!!!

I agree ring or SMS the show you hear this crap on and ask then why they let dickheads have any air time on their show?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I rang SEN last season to complain about the Connex lie of "Extra trains to and from the footy" and when I explained what I was going to say the operator said "We can't take that call"...so much for "have your say all day every day!" Of course Connex are sponsors and who pays the piper calls the tune I guess. I ring 'em when I think the club needs someone to back them, but have NO illusions in SEN They are first and foremost a COMMERCIAL enterprise!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Young Georgie
Club Player

bendigo bob wrote:Who the f*** is "Joe" from Werribee?????? Claims to be a saints supporter but geez I sick of hearing him.
Joe from Werribee is the caller SEN loves because he spews seppo-style scheizen at a rate of knots covering 3 topics in 1 sentence with at least one point being controversial/dumb.

There's another bloke sounds like a Scouser who usually has something of worth to say but it's Joe who's got one hand on his todge and the other on speed dial and is unfortunately now SEN's Saints' bigmouthpiece.

I haven't listened to SEN since Saturday morning - hardly listened to last week's overkill - and it's one of the best thing's I've done since the final siren.

Ahhhh Triple R!!

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

how the hell is that sen's fault? u want them to censor callers who only have the "right" views?

mmmm. :roll:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Would that "scouser" be "dave from Murrumbeena" :oops: :lol:

Young Georgie
Club Player

SEN's producers choose who/what they want to put to air, the point is that Joe seems to get the lion's share of air because of his passionate, controversial and rapid-fire calls which of course make for 'good' radio. No, not SEN's fault at all, that's the style of radio SEN is producing and personally I'm sick of it and I'm going to choose who/what I'm going to listen to so I'm switching off or over.

RRR. 8-)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I was a regular caller to KB's show hungry for sport, until they said, you've called enough Dave :oops: (I also happened to be criticising Connex!)

Young Georgie
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Would that "scouser" be "dave from Murrumbeena" :oops: :lol:
No that Dave must be whackers :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Young Georgie wrote:SEN's producers choose who/what they want to put to air, the point is that Joe seems to get the lion's share of air because of his passionate, controversial and rapid-fire calls which of course make for 'good' radio. No, not SEN's fault at all, that's the style of radio SEN is producing and personally I'm sick of it and I'm going to choose who/what I'm going to listen to so I'm switching off or over.

RRR. 8-)
ditto

and the presenters just let it go on, at least dermie had the guts to say it how it is but why give these guys oxygen. Finey at least told a guy last week that he had no idea about football and to be honest thats my opinion.

over it and will listen to something else from now on.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

atleast that "riccardo" from narrewarren has laid of for most of this year.......... maybe because all his rpeditcions came to nought.

not the Riccardo who is missed frome here

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I was a regular caller to KB's show hungry for sport, until they said, you've called enough Dave :oops: (I also happened to be criticising Connex!)
Dave, the problem is you have too many trams and trains!

Maybe call 3AW and say why you have defected from the "24 hour sports station!".

Or....

Perhaps SEN thought you were mates with Grant Thomas, and would want to talk about umpires also!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Young Georgie wrote:
bendigo bob wrote:Who the f*** is "Joe" from Werribee?????? Claims to be a saints supporter but geez I sick of hearing him.
Joe from Werribee is the caller SEN loves because he spews seppo-style scheizen at a rate of knots covering 3 topics in 1 sentence with at least one point being controversial/dumb.

There's another bloke sounds like a Scouser who usually has something of worth to say but it's Joe who's got one hand on his todge and the other on speed dial and is unfortunately now SEN's Saints' bigmouthpiece.

I haven't listened to SEN since Saturday morning - hardly listened to last week's overkill - and it's one of the best thing's I've done since the final siren.

Ahhhh Triple R!!
i habven't listened to the radio since the game. Best thin i have done so far. also did not read the papers since saturday nor listened to any tv that had anything about the footy.

much better.

i asuume that i will by later in the week. but too much cats stuff for me!

gosainters66
Club Player

Maybe it was gosainters66?

no wasnt me but there is alot of people out there who thinks raph isnt up to it

SAINTS FOR EVER
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I condemn the station for changing its name for a month to 'SENgine' for a sponsorship deal with Holden!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

not sure why people bag SEN on here. it provides some high comedy at times. it's hilarious when filth fans call up and make an ass of themselves.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!