Michael Hurley?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

robbie muir
Club Player

Michael Hurley?

On 3AW this morning at about 7.10am, on the rumour file Ross mentioned twice that the Saints are after Michael Hurley and are prepared to give up a big name to get him.

Anyone hear it or know anything?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so there was a sound bite of ross actually saying "we want hurley, and we are prepared to give up a big name to get his services" ?

robbie muir
Club Player

Ross is a Hawthorn supporter , but he mentioned twice that St.kilda are making a big play for Hurley and are prepared to trade a big name.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

Re: Michael Hurley?

robbie muir wrote:Anyone hear it or know anything?
he is alleged to have bashed a cab driver and is expected to be charged on summons. i would say that he would be off our radar on those grounds alone.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

robbie muir wrote:Ross is a Hawthorn supporter , but he mentioned twice that St.kilda are making a big play for Hurley and are prepared to trade a big name.
This isn't Ross Lyon is it?

robbie muir
Club Player

Robbie Muir

I am referring to Ross Stevenson, not Ross Lyon.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

obviously not cowboy
but when someone says "ross said on 3aw....."
one would imagine they would be talking about our coach :roll:

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Would be an amazing pickup. I'd give it a 0.5% chance of happening.

Passionate St Kilda family too, the Hurleys.

Although, the dad apparently wore an Essendon jumper to our last game against them.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

legal issues would need to be cleared up firstly before any bleeps would emerge on our radar .. until then - no bleeps.

suss
Club Player

I never normally give this stuff much credence but in this circumstance we have lots of trading power. I hope we don't lose Bally, Goose and/or pick 16 but hmm...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd be surprised if they gave him up, he is someone you build a team around?

BaysideSaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I'd be surprised if they gave him up, he is someone you build a team around?
so would i.
their priority would be to get around the law and put him in the box with a focus.

super dooper
Club Player

i give it a 0.00000001% chance of happening.

The guy is gonna be a freakshow player of the game, he is simply worth too much to the future of the essendon football club

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

We'd probably have to give up Kosi and one other quality guy (who Essendon believes would get a regular game with them), or Kosi and our first round draft pick. May still be worth it, though, unless Kosi gets back to his best on a consistent basis.
As someone else said, Essendon would have been/would be planning to build their team around this guy, as long as he's not in jail. We'd be a much better chance of getting Gumbleton, I expect.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Would be amazing if he engineered the move himself because of his lifelong dream to win a premiership with the Saints.

Sadly, footballers stop being supporters and lose all emotional attachment the day they're drafted.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

OLB wrote:
Sadly, footballers stop being supporters and lose all emotional attachment the day they're drafted.
All of them?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I reckon I have a better chance of running out at CHF in Rd1 2010 than St Kilda does of even talking to Hurley's management.

Hurley is their new Lloyd. He'll be there for life FFS.

Have never used FFS before. It feels good.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
reincarnated

BaysideSaint wrote:legal issues would need to be cleared up firstly before any bleeps would emerge on our radar .. until then - no bleeps.
Why would they have to be cleared up? The young man made a mistake and will get a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

Dissapointing to see a young man do what he did however nobody knows why it came about or the fault of either party involved.

Love him at St.Kilda however this clearly will not happen. The Saints and the Dons are 5+ difference in their core unit of players both clubs sees as premiership contenders. The only winner out of the trade is St.Kilda at getting Hurley. By the time the dons young core have become middle aged like ours the player St. Kilda traded will be ineffectual and most probably retired.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
OLB wrote:
All of them?
I imagine you'd still have a soft spot, but I don't imagine Michael Hurley turning up to a St Kilda game with his scarf on yelling, "CARN SAINTERS!" :lol:

This one goal Hurley kicked against Hawthorn round 22 stands out.

Outside 50, he swings around on his left foot and puts it through.

Who decides to use their wrong foot when going for goal from outside 50? That's rare.

reincarnated

OLB wrote:
OLB wrote:
All of them?
I imagine you'd still have a soft spot, but I don't imagine Michael Hurley turning up to a St Kilda game with his scarf on yelling, "CARN SAINTERS!" :lol:

Who decides to use their wrong foot when going for goal from outside 50? That's rare.
Reincarnated became excited for the first time in months at the thought of Michael Hurley swinging around on the left from 50+ out and slotting one through for us

Beej
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
OLB wrote:
OLB wrote:
All of them?

Reincarnated became excited for the first time in months at the thought of Michael Hurley swinging around on the left from 50+ out and slotting one through for us
Pure talent. He wasn't forced to use his left, he chose to. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who does that.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well I'll throw this in.

This is from someone close to Essendon.

Three way - Williams to Essendon, Lovett to Port, Burgoyne to Hawks - deal trying to be done and Williams happy to be going to Essendon.

Would this effect the Hurley trade at all?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Freo have a young guy playing (cant remember his name) who was a life long saints fan -he said he was cheering on the saints for the grand final. While it was out of line with how most players respond it shows not all players loose their love for their old team.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Well I'll throw this in.

Three way - Williams to Essendon, Lovett to Port, Burgoyne to Hawks - deal trying to be done and Williams happy to be going to Essendon.

Essendon's getting majorly shafted there.

"Someone close to Essendon", or a mate that lives in Moonee Ponds?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Well I'll throw this in.

Essendon's getting majorly shafted there.

"Someone close to Essendon", or a mate that lives in Moonee Ponds?
Somebody who was at the club when Williams was there.

The big winner is the hawks in that deal - IF - it comes true.

Look, these things abound at this time of year. Williams was at Windy Hill the other day and the deal is being worked on. May not happen - just throwing out what I heard - take it or leave it - doesn't really matter though does it?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)