Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
xander wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I'm still not convinced he's going anywhere.

Carlton will struggle to find a Club able to take his contracted $700k salary.

I reckon when the end of trade week arrives, tehy will just announce that no trade was able to be made and he will remain a Carlton player.
I agree especially since he nominated us and the hawks, pretty much the only 2 vic teams with 2 good tall forwards.
Sounds like a Carlton scheme.
Yessirree...

Get the sides with good forwards considering shuffling their decks to accomodate...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ace
Saintsational Legend

Four way merry-go-round
Fevola to West Coast
Seaby to Sydney
Hall to Doggies
Lake to Scum

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
mullet
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'll give you 2 reasons why we shoudn't bother...

<<<<<< right there!
2 reasons why we should I reckon. Roo Kosi Fev, wow what a forward line :shock:

xander
Club Player

ace wrote:Four way merry-go-round
Fevola to West Coast
Seaby to Sydney
Hall to Doggies
Lake to Scum
lol what a win for the eagles.
Seaby for Fev

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood or St Kilda :shock:

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Ox now stating with certainty that Fev is nominating Saints and Collingwood .....

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'm an unabashed Fev fan, yes he is a idiot when he on the gas but he's a harmless idiot at that.

What he also is without doubt is a phenomenal footballer. I think his lack of forward pressure can be overcome in the right environment. He has shown a great ability to lock the ball into the forward fifty when he's in the right frame of mind.

People bringing up Cousins... well I personally think that is drawing a very long bow. One is a recovering drug addict that showed a pretty arrogant response to his rehab (credit to him now though). The other is a big kid who drinks too much & makes a dill of himself (and isn't a violent thug).

I'm not sure we'd have to give up as much some are talking about. Carlton have been sniffing around Goose for a while & combined with our first pick, that may just get the job done. Carlton are already without their first pick due to the McLean deal so I'm sure they're keen to add another kid to their list. Goose would at least allow Waite to play as a deep forward & offset the loss of Fev.

Fev has at least 3 very good season left too. Our window is definitely open for the next 3-4 & Fev would be a huge piece to helping this window turn into something very special.

IMO at least.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Is this Eddies plan....

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

xander wrote:
samoht wrote:What's Kosi got to do with anything ?

We want 3 tall marking forwards don't we to take the heat/attention off Riewoldt ?
kosi + roo + fev in the forward line will not work
Why not - says who ?

Riewoldt CHF, Fev FF , and Kosi as a FP/decoy to both ?

Fev and Riewoldt are very mobile and they are both quick.

We can then balance our forward set up with 3 mid sized/small forwards.
Last edited by samoht on Wed 30 Sep 2009 6:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

mullet wrote:
SainterK wrote:I'll give you 2 reasons why we shoudn't bother...

<<<<<< right there!
2 reasons why we should I reckon. Roo Kosi Fev, wow what a forward line :shock:
that's not a forward line -- that's WWII

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I'm an unabashed Fev fan, yes he is a idiot when he on the gas but he's a harmless idiot at that.

What he also is without doubt is a phenomenal footballer. I think his lack of forward pressure can be overcome in the right environment. He has shown a great ability to lock the ball into the forward fifty when he's in the right frame of mind.

People bringing up Cousins... well I personally think that is drawing a very long bow. One is a recovering drug addict that showed a pretty arrogant response to his rehab (credit to him now though). The other is a big kid who drinks too much & makes a dill of himself (and isn't a violent thug).

I'm not sure we'd have to give up as much some are talking about. Carlton have been sniffing around Goose for a while & combined with our first pick, that may just get the job done. Carlton are already without their first pick due to the McLean deal so I'm sure they're keen to add another kid to their list. Goose would at least allow Waite to play as a deep forward & offset the loss of Fev.

Fev has at least 3 very good season left too. Our window is definitely open for the next 3-4 & Fev would be a huge piece to helping this window turn into something very special.

IMO at least.
agree, well put

BaysideSaint
Club Player

BelfastSaint wrote:Ox now stating with certainty that Fev is nominating Saints and Collingwood .....
ox is a moron

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:Ox now stating with certainty that Fev is nominating Saints and Collingwood .....
ox is a moron
he's an oxymoron

BaysideSaint
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
ox is a moron
he's an oxymoron
and a muppet

ace
Saintsational Legend

xander wrote:
ace wrote:Four way merry-go-round
Fevola to West Coast
Seaby to Sydney
Hall to Doggies
Lake to Scum
lol what a win for the eagles.
Seaby for Fev
I know it sucks for West Coast but they also know they have lost Seaby and need to get something.

Similar situation to the Saints when Black was going back to Fremantle and Simmonds was going to Richmond.
The Saints had two choices get absolutely nothing for Black by him nominating for the pre-season draft or take Fiora from Richmond.

I think in all probability no deal will be done for Fevola.
Top 8 clubs should not have room in their salary caps to take him.
Bottom 8 clubs should have room but should also be rebuilding not wasting time on older players with limited shelf life.
And Fev desperately wants to play in a premiership contender team not a bunch of also rans like Cousins has to accept.

When no trade takes place Carlton must either take him back or send him into the draft for nothing.
If they don't take him back he costs them a payout of $1,400,000 over two years against their salary cap.
But this only costs them $1,050,000 if they retain him and make him a veteran in 2011.
Last edited by ace on Wed 30 Sep 2009 6:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

happy birthday ox

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
xander
Club Player

samoht wrote:
xander wrote:

We want 3 tall marking forwards don't we to take the heat/attention off Riewoldt ?
Why not - says who ?

I know it sucks for West Coast but they also know they have lost Seaby and need to get something.

Similar situation to the Saints when Black was going back to Fremantle and Simmonds was going to Richmond.
The Saints had two choices get absolutely nothing for Black by him nominating for the pre-season draft or take Fiora from Richmond.

Teams have tried running 3 forwards before. Essendon did it at the start of the year. Then they dropped Lucas and started to win. I suppose if roo and fev increased their fitness it could work but usually there is not enough room in the forward line for 3 talls to lead into and the reduction of midfield rotations affects the team.

Well the eagles have pretty much said their not taking him.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Last edited by xander on Wed 30 Sep 2009 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Junior
Club Player

I do not thnk there is any chance of Fev making his way to ST Kilda.
Firstly we will not have the salary cap room and secondly do not believe we will be able to get a deal done.

Only possible way is if Carlton are prepared to accept less than he is worth and if they pay a chunk of his salary.

If by some freak of nature he did manage to get to ST Kilda then I have no doubt that a forward line of Roo, Kosi and Fev could work.

If we go back to last Saturday we would have had the following matchups.

Scarlett on Fev
Taylor on Roo
Leaving Mackie or Harley on Kosi.

This would have stuffed up Geelong's double teaming of Roo and Kosi. I reckon it is fair to say that we needed a Ryan O'Keefe type half forward flanker. No Fev is not that player but Roo would be the best in the competition at it. It would also extend Roo's carrer as he could use his running power and would not be getting smashed in marking contests. The other exciting thing is imagine Roo coming over the back of a pack or accross the front he would be unstoppable.

Kosi is not a full forward as he is not very good on the lead but is a great contested mark. Roo running across the flanks, Kosi as the contested option and fev on the lead. Pretty scary for the defenders.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
BaysideSaint
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:happy birthday ox
if i can be serious why do ppl wish him a happy birthday all the time?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

xander wrote:
samoht wrote:
xander wrote:

Why not - says who ?

Teams have tried running 3 forwards before. Essendon did it at the start of the year. Then they dropped Lucas and started to win. I suppose if roo and fev increased their fitness it could work but usually there is not enough room in the forward line for 3 talls to lead into and the reduction of midfield rotations affects the team.
No other teams who have tried have had Roo in their fwd line. He can become a high half fwd. Almost wingman, with Kosi a true CHF and Fev just plucking them at FF

mullet
Saintsational Legend

xander wrote:
samoht wrote:
xander wrote:

Why not - says who ?

Roo has a huge tank dont think he needs to improve his fitness. He broke many a player this year

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Why wouldnt you not re-sign King and let Kosi play in the ruck with Gardi and McEvoy. Fev to FF, Roo to CHF?

** unlike many other posts this is a serious question **

xander
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
xander wrote:
samoht wrote:
xander wrote:

Why not - says who ?

No other teams who have tried have had Roo in their fwd line. He can become a high half fwd. Almost wingman, with Kosi a true CHF and Fev just plucking them at FF
Thats true but do we really want to move the best CHF out of that spot. We were a goal away from a premiership theres not need to completely change the team around.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Why wouldnt you not re-sign King and let Kosi play in the ruck with Gardi and McEvoy. Fev to FF, Roo to CHF?

Kosi has been tried in the ruck and shown that he aint no ruckman. Pinch hits there at best.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
fingers wrote:Why wouldnt you not re-sign King and let Kosi play in the ruck with Gardi and McEvoy. Fev to FF, Roo to CHF?

Kosi has been tried in the ruck and shown that he aint no ruckman. Pinch hits there at best.
That might be all we need with Gardi and Mc?