Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BelfastSaint
Club Player

mullet wrote:
backit wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Fev has been axed by Carlton so where to now for Fev? Yes he is a tool but he can play football, does St Kilda need him? Yes and no, he could be a worthy addition to our structure and could easily fall into the players commitment to each other and the club, he may surprise people by making a commitment to play and behave. A change of enviroment does work for a lot of people, Fevola could be a case for that or again he could be an exception to it also.

I like him as a footballer, some of his antics are harmless, others are over the top and have got him to where he is today.

Could he play for St Kilda next year? Next week we will find out.

There are lots of if's, buts and maybe's before Fevola lands at another club it could be us and I wouldn't be dissapointed if it was because for all his personal faults he has football ability that could be channelled into making him a better player and person at our club.

I am sure there is going to be lots of disagreements on Fev but it is the club that makes the final decision so we will wait and see.
Where is the fun in just waiting and seeing :shock: That post is far too logical. I am waiting for the "my best friends mothers brother is Fev's gardiner and he reckons..... posts :wink:

And I love all the speculation it is the first thinkg that has taken my mind off last Saturday :cry: :cry:
First time I have spent more than 2 mins here since the GF ....
Thank goodness for the distraction...

spert
Saintsational Legend

Lets face it -Roo is the best CHF and the best leader, and Fev is the best FF, so if you had the best FF, CHF and leader in the one team, do you all think that would go a long way to a premiership??. Fev maybe crying out for strong heads around him??

reincarnated

S.A Saint wrote:
reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated notices the bulls*** about Kosi not being able to lead away from Riewoldt and into Riewoldt's space. What a crock. Kosi played deep as this year and did a great job whilst Riewoldt as a little higher.

Do not let a few poorer games cloud your views on what was a 50 goal season for Kosi.

Sheesh some supporters have short memories. They complain about the media getting it wrong. Clean up your own backyard Kosi had a great year
No1 is saying kosi had a bad year..in fact it was one of his better ones....its just pretty obvious that on occasions they get in each others way when the ball is kicked into the forward line..usually when its bombed...the main reason for this is that roo cannot see kosi as kosi plays behind him and with kosi he only has eyes for the ball and on a number off occasions have cleaned each other up and spoiled each other....
Well is that not the kicker's fault? Not Kosi or low and behold Nick Riewoldt.

Why does Kosi have to get our of Riewoldts' way when Kosi is a much better high pack mark anyway? Is it because it is Nick Riewoldt?

They have cleaned each other up on occassion however that happens in all forward lines. Be thankful that these two in our forward line are actually quality.

S.A Saint
Club Player

spert wrote:Lets face it -Roo is the best CHF and the best leader, and Fev is the best FF, so if you had the best FF, CHF and leader in the one team, do you all think that would go a long way to a premiership??. Fev maybe crying out for strong heads around him??
Spot on...doubt they have a great leadership group down at the scum...just look at their captain ffs

backit
Club Player

BelfastSaint wrote:
mullet wrote:
backit wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Fev has been axed by Carlton so where to now for Fev? Yes he is a tool but he can play football, does St Kilda need him? Yes and no, he could be a worthy addition to our structure and could easily fall into the players commitment to each other and the club, he may surprise people by making a commitment to play and behave. A change of enviroment does work for a lot of people, Fevola could be a case for that or again he could be an exception to it also.

I like him as a footballer, some of his antics are harmless, others are over the top and have got him to where he is today.

Could he play for St Kilda next year? Next week we will find out.

There are lots of if's, buts and maybe's before Fevola lands at another club it could be us and I wouldn't be dissapointed if it was because for all his personal faults he has football ability that could be channelled into making him a better player and person at our club.

I am sure there is going to be lots of disagreements on Fev but it is the club that makes the final decision so we will wait and see.
Where is the fun in just waiting and seeing :shock: That post is far too logical. I am waiting for the "my best friends mothers brother is Fev's gardiner and he reckons..... posts :wink:

And I love all the speculation it is the first thinkg that has taken my mind off last Saturday :cry: :cry:
First time I have spent more than 2 mins here since the GF ....
Thank goodness for the distraction...
Sorry for being logical, it just happened when I saw the OP, I got over the loss straight after the game, we had our chances but thought that the adversity of the loss will make the team and the club bigger and better for next year and then I returned to the NT knowing that the forum will now carry me through till next season with all the other Saints fans and the new ones we gained after the weekend,

ytw
Club Player

no doubt that he has a lot to add
Last edited by ytw on Wed 30 Sep 2009 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Kosi to CHB is the only option I would reckon....he DID win a rising star there in a terribad side.

But we need other avenues to goal imo.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:happy birthday ox
if i can be serious why do ppl wish him a happy birthday all the time?
His birthday is on the 24 th July - 24/7

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
S.A Saint
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated notices the bulls*** about Kosi not being able to lead away from Riewoldt and into Riewoldt's space. What a crock. Kosi played deep as this year and did a great job whilst Riewoldt as a little higher.

Do not let a few poorer games cloud your views on what was a 50 goal season for Kosi.

Sheesh some supporters have short memories. They complain about the media getting it wrong. Clean up your own backyard Kosi had a great year
No1 is saying kosi had a bad year..in fact it was one of his better ones....its just pretty obvious that on occasions they get in each others way when the ball is kicked into the forward line..usually when its bombed...the main reason for this is that roo cannot see kosi as kosi plays behind him and with kosi he only has eyes for the ball and on a number off occasions have cleaned each other up and spoiled each other....

Why does Kosi have to get our of Riewoldts' way when Kosi is a much better high pack mark anyway? Is it because it is Nick Riewoldt?

They have cleaned each other up on occassion however that happens in all forward lines. Be thankful that these two in our forward line are actually quality.
1. not every deliver into the forward 50 can be on a platter...
2. im not saying kosi has to get out of the way im just saying that he always gets in the way...we dont need both of them going up for the same grab...due to kosi's bad peripheral vision
3.kosi may be a better pack mark but when roo is already going for an attempt he doesnt need to bring himself and his opponent to make it even harder as roo already has a couple hanging on him

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Too much baggage, costs too much and will bring his undisciplined ways to the club.
Our structure doesn't suit a me player and Fev plays for Fev, he's just another Spider Everitt.
This club is on the verge of greatness, but picking him up at the cost some people are suggesting, will send us backwards.
He's a tool and wont change.
Difference between him and Gardiner is that Gardiner has a continent between him and his past demons.
Fev's demons are just down the road at the local bottleshop.
I DON"T WANT THAT d**khead AT THIS CLUB!!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Gilbert The Great
Club Player

cant believe that they sacked fev, back to the bottom 8 for carlton now. If we could get fev for the right price and trade i would be happy to take him. But paying 650-700k for someone who might very well not make it into the side for failing the trademark is just not work it.

However with fev and reiwoldt in our team with our midfield saints forward line would be near unstoppable.

ytw
Club Player

amateur, i know.

S.A Saint
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Too much baggage, costs too much and will bring his undisciplined ways to the club.
Our structure doesn't suit a me player and Fev plays for Fev, he's just another Spider Everitt.
This club is on the verge of greatness, but picking him up at the cost some people are suggesting, will send us backwards.
He's a tool and wont change.
Difference between him and Gardiner is that Gardiner has a continent between him and his past demons.
Fev's demons are just down the road at the local bottleshop.
I DON"T WANT THAT d**khead AT THIS CLUB!!
with all due respect Gardiner came with a LOT more baggage then if fev came...with regards to the highlighted part im sure with the right people around him he would change ala gardiner and cousins (so far)...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lets not get toooooooo carried away here
lol

reincarnated

S.A Saint wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

2. im not saying kosi has to get out of the way im just saying that he always gets in the way...we dont need both of them going up for the same grab...due to kosi's bad peripheral vision
3.kosi may be a better pack mark but when roo is already going for an attempt he doesnt need to bring himself and his opponent to make it even harder as roo already has a couple hanging on him
Occassionally forward go for the same ball. A contested mark usually has a few of the attacking teams players in it too.

f*** Riewoldt he might be the better player however if Riewoldt is not as strong in the air as Kosi give Kosi the sit to get the football.

Just because Nick Riewoldt is Nick Riewoldt does not mean everyone has to clear out and always watch where he is.

S.A Saint
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Occassionally forward go for the same ball. A contested mark usually has a few of the attacking teams players in it too.

f*** Riewoldt he might be the better player however if Riewoldt is not as strong in the air as Kosi give Kosi the sit to get the football.

Just because Nick Riewoldt is Nick Riewoldt does not mean everyone has to clear out and always watch where he is.
Kosi takes about 1 pack mark a game if that...he isn't that mobile to make it into contests as roo is....roo also takes multiple pack marks each game...

henno
Club Player

Here is a possible line up

Kositzke, Fevola, Milne
Schneider, Riewoldt, Mcqualter

Or

Move Kozi to the backline.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

All Australian Centre Half Forward

All Austrailan Full Forward

I could live with that.

Offer him a big back ended contract with an out clause for us and premiership incentive and Coleman Medal incentive for him.

Maybe he can install Doors or Windows part time :wink:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

You know when this tool was playing for the scum everyone on this forum called him the tool he was, what an idiot he was etc.
As soon as he nominates us, all of that is forgotten, the guy will still be a tool no matter what team he plays for.
Mind you I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell he'll come to our club and I don't think Ross will interested in his antics, no matter how many goals he kicks because he just becomes a distraction to the club, the players and supporters.
Remember how we hero worshipped Spider, how we defended all his antics, and how pleased we we're to see the end of him.
Strange, our club began climbing the ladder the year after Everitt left.
Also remember the Fevola never kicked goals against Max, Scarlett, Fletcher, Lake or any other good full back.
As I said, I am not interested in the guy, don't want him and can see the potential disaster he can be.
Way to much negative with him, if Carlton we're smart, they would have disciplined him properly years ago.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its quite simple. If we want Fev we must lose Kosi. There isnt any other choice so how do we think about that?

sainter#4
Club Player

kosi for fev straight up deal,

as much as i love kosi,fevola is the better forward and with roo and him together it will tougher to match up on because they are both very mobile.

plus fev would bring something we are seriously lacking in and thats an X factor.goals from outta no where could have won us a granny last week where as kosi just dosent have the mobility to produce the freaky stuff or even get back onto his feet quick enough

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Its quite simple. If we want Fev we must lose Kosi. There isnt any other choice so how do we think about that?
For mine....no!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

unreal
trade kozi

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:Its quite simple. If we want Fev we must lose Kosi. There isnt any other choice so how do we think about that?
It is quite simple. Answer is no. Kosi has more of an upside, can ruck once in a while, does not chuck tanty's on the field, kicked 50 this year in a team that always looks for Riewoldt.

Reincarnated believes that forward line looks okay. All players kicked goals this year which is a good sign

What does Plugger think?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
It is quite simple. Answer is no. Kosi has more of an upside, can ruck once in a while, does not chuck tanty's on the field, kicked 50 this year in a team that always looks for Riewoldt.

Reincarnated believes that forward line looks okay. All players kicked goals this year which is a good sign

What does Plugger think?
Fev is a great player with attitude problems. Kosi is a good to very good player with a great attitude. if you could get inside Fevs head and somehow put a brain in there i would go for it but I dont think it is possible so I say stay with Kosi.