Club Statement- Luke B- :(- wants to go to pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:This is a long way from being a done deal. The Pies don't have a great record of getting deals done. If Brock McLean is worth pick 11 then Luke Ball is worth more than that.
They'd have to give us their first pick and a player (a real player, not Monkhurst or Francis).
If it falls through (and there's every chance it will) will Ball go somewhere else or stay with the Saints?
Any team but Collingwood they give stuff all, in trades and attempt to screw clubs over.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if this traded doesn't go through at all and Ball goes to the preseason.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:nah ill never boo him
i dont boo anyway

i still have respect for him as a good player
I know you wouldn't and I wouldn't but what about the wider community of Saints supporters?

The only player I really booed was Heath Black because he was a trouble make and I saw him go at Rooey at training.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
i dont boo anyway

I know you wouldn't and I wouldn't but what about the wider community of Saints supporters?

The only player I really booed was Heath Black because he was a trouble make and I saw him go at Rooey at training.
What about Barry Hall...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
goods
Club Player

The reason is Luke and Ross dont get along. Its a combination of things but I know the captian of old Xavier...they are all mates... He was not happy about his game time in the GF though it goes deeper than that

Maxstar22
Club Player

People will boo, they always do.

I've heard people boo Harvey when he was walking around the boundary with a Carlton player.

hAyES
Club Player

Re: BALL

Dark Days wrote:if he isn't wearing RED WHITE AND BLACK he will be treated like any player not in our colours
That is a fair call.

Can't imagine someone like Ball playing for somebody else, particularly Collingwood. I feel sick!

Hopefully this opens the door for players like Armo and Steven to get a game. Very disappointing.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

That's the reality - money talks, bulls*** walks. Pies obviously sweetened the deal with him, but the Saints have the upper hand. Obviously the trade has to favour the Saints otherwise they can say "no thanks"

Another opportunity awaits!
saints11
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
i dont boo anyway

What about Barry Hall...
Well who didn't ?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Teflon wrote:If the club took Leon frking Davis Id be ropable.

On top of the Nathan Brown speculation we are fast turning into the land of soft c**k gumbies.

Ah well.....someone had better step up big time cause its now official- we have 1 true, bona fide in and under mid in Lenny Hayes......and we all saw what happened when he was stopped....
tef dont stress remember last year all the talk about Nathan Carrol ect ect Ross knows what is going to work and what isnt in the end Ross said that anyone no matter who they are if they were not prepared to do what was asked of them for the team then he will gladly move them on ... luke obviously didnt want to do what the team wanted him too so he go's ...
as for Lenny being the only inside midfeilder we have well heres your chance Armo,Geary,Eddy ...
Fair point Trav.

I guess Ros has found his first one who "doesnt want to play the st kilda way" so be it.

Id be staggered if Luke didnt also take the better coin here.....this club stuck by him through a lot of injury and lets face facts - he didnt live up to the hype draft pick that Judd/Hodge have and yet we still pai him handsomely.

Fair enough for him to get what he can......but at a time of losing a flag when the coach puts you back in the side for finals (showing faith for fairly average VFL form)....this is how you repay him?

I dont buy the game time thing - IF Luke had the fortitude hed have proven in 2010 that hes worth the additional game time just as he did in the GF. Now was the time to stick fat.

IF Collingwood cant provide a decent deal - who cares where Luke wants to go....it MUST be whats best for this club as its ALWAYS bigger than the individual paycheck.

“Yeah….nah””
saintjake
Club Player

how old is medhurst,
defiantly fits the bill for what we need in a 3rd lead up foward.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:The reason is Luke and Ross dont get along. Its a combination of things but I know the captian of old Xavier...they are all mates... He was not happy about his game time in the GF though it goes deeper than that

hmmm
yeah something didnt add up huh
ross on radio saying he had no control over rotations on GF day
i found this strange as when the blokes been on fire for 40 mins and ya dont see him for another 20 ya asking where the f*** is he!! ("oh he's on the bench, hget him the hell on!!")

interesting

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball + Pick 16 = Kerr or Burgoyne!! Make it happen!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Royston
Club Player

Too slow, can't kick...it is unfortunate but he has had a contract offer on the table since July.
I still think he is injured, or at least not 100%.
Luke ran the 100m in year 12, with his time being almost a mirror of Judd's - he was a very quick when first drafted.

Coll have nothing of note that we want....1st round pick is going to the swans for Jolly. It may need to be a 3 club deal.

He may get more money but I would think the main reason is to play a more substantial role in the team, not a bit part player that his role has turned into.

Unfortunate that he is leaving - his choice now we have to make the most of it...and as others have posted opens up a spot for a younger, more fleet of foot individual.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

hell yeah will i boo him !!! in the end i support the Saints and once Bally isnt a saint he is the enemy !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
santazzi
Club Player

I_luv_nick_riewalt wrote"...Pissed but if he would rather go to collingwood with criminals than stay with saints- then he is missing out!".....

Did I read some where that Bally is studying Law at Uni.?......if that is the case he is going to a place wher his services will be needed forever........!!!!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

And along with others on this day..........................

I could not now look them in the eye.

pain amongst mates (GF) then to walk away........................

saint4life
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I am not that surprised. At the end of the day, 2009 saw Bally dropped for 3 - 4 ? weeks, barely recieve 50% playing time when he did come back. Its obvious Ross the Boss did not rate him that highly.

His reported $600,000 a year contract was nailed after he won B&F and All Australian. My opinion, he never really recovered from the O.P. and his lack of hard running and kicking distance proves that. I know that pace and 60 metre kicks arent the be all (as Greg Williams proved) but at 25 years old maybe the consensus at Saintland is, he's not going to get any better.

In saying all that, I'm extremely dissapointed he picked the scum to go to. I also find it hard to believe that money is not some of the issue.

At the end of the day, a suitable trade still has to be found, and over the Malthouse era, they have not been terribly succesful with trading, due to their obvious lack of fair play in the negotiating side of it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
goods wrote:The reason is Luke and Ross dont get along. Its a combination of things but I know the captian of old Xavier...they are all mates... He was not happy about his game time in the GF though it goes deeper than that

hmmm
yeah something didnt add up huh
ross on radio saying he had no control over rotations on GF day
i found this strange as when the blokes been on fire for 40 mins and ya dont see him for another 20 ya asking where the f*** is he!! ("oh he's on the bench, hget him the hell on!!")

interesting
the coach works on the matchups not the rotations thats the assistant and fittness guys job .... ross would be following the game not who was on the bench or not

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
hotdish
Club Player

If he goes to Collingwood its likely we will get screwed (Heath Black anyone?).

If Jolly goes to Coll, they will trade their first pick (#14).

That leaves little to trade for Ball - we have little leverage here.

If I were the saints I would be asking for Rusling/Wood + 2nd round pick.

For anyone who doesn't know who Rusling is: injury prone key forward similar to Jason Heatley - fast on lead and good kick. Really hit his straps at th end of 07 in the finals

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... sling.html

I don't think they will part with Wood and we don't want Fraser (too old/too injury prone and soft)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

just tried to see what been said over at 'Nicks" the pies forum

it timed out
must be busy over there.....

edit

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=53608
Last edited by matrix on Mon 05 Oct 2009 9:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

his decision has been pending since Prior to the late season game times etc,
Despite having a three year contract offer from the St Kilda Football Club since June,
http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
it will be interesting to see what changes he will/ may bring to the leadership and team ethics...
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 05 Oct 2009 9:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintjake
Club Player

hotdish wrote:If he goes to Collingwood its likely we will get screwed (Heath Black anyone?).

If Jolly goes to Coll, they will trade their first pick (#14).

That leaves little to trade for Ball - we have little leverage here.

If I were the saints I would be asking for Rusling/Wood + 2nd round pick.

For anyone who doesn't know who Rusling is: injury prone key forward similar to Jason Heatley - fast on lead and good kick. Really hit his straps at th end of 07 in the finals

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... sling.html

I don't think they will part with Wood and we don't want Fraser (too old/too injury prone and soft)
why would we want wood?
we have a stock of old and young ruckman, and rusling is more injured then Kosi!
he could be good, if he stopped getting injured.
id rather medhurst but he is getting on in age.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Loved Luke Ball's courage and effort, but let's call a spade a spade here...

The guy can't kick, is crippled by OP (allegedly), is slow as a wet week and plays less than 50% of games.

We have Geary, Armo and Steven who can all probably do a considerably better job.

Again, to call a spade a spade, if Collingwood want slow, injury ruined players to stodge up their midfield, well, good luck to them.

Upside for us? Our young guys get the chance too much ST K depth hasn't afforded them before.

Yes, it hurts because it feels he's been there for the entirety of the journey, but the fact is he's given his best years to us. He will be a player of limited value elsewhere.

But I will say this: Fool's gold, Bally. You were overpriced. By chasing the bucks you overestimate your worth and you do so at your peril.

Medhurst/Rusling and a pick?

Some kind of on trade with Carlton involving Cloke and Medhurst to bring Fev into play (at a stretch?)
Last edited by Thinline on Mon 05 Oct 2009 9:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

hotdish wrote:
Rusling/Wood + 2nd round pick.

Sh.t, I hope we can do better than that !

xander
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote:hotdish wrote:
Rusling/Wood + 2nd round pick.

Sh.t, I hope we can do better than that !
Yeah if they offer that i'd hope we walk and see what other clubs offer.