Club Statement- Luke B- :(- wants to go to pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Contrast while Luke Ball turns his back on St Kilda.

David Wojcinski looks likely to be forced into retirement or elsewhere because of Geelong salary cap issues.

Seems all Geelong players put the team needs first, Ball puts his own needs first.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Contrast while Luke Ball turns his back on St Kilda.

David Wojcinski looks likely to be forced into retirement or elsewhere because of Geelong salary cap issues.

Seems all Geelong players put the team needs first, Ball puts his own needs first.
Easy when your club has won two flags in three years.

Why should Ball have any loyalty to the Saints?

Do you think the same of the 8 or so players we have picked up from other clubs?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintly_safes
Club Player

Wasnt going to post but due to the extreamly disapointing nature of the post I just had to say something.The gf loss has already shreaded every bit of compassion & care factor out of me but this is nearly as bad . WTF? Luke Ball going to Collingwood.We didnt need this , he was a saint through & through.Carnt say I blame him, thought he was treated pretty badly this season but I didnt expect him to pull the pin :cry: Are we going to self destruct again or is this just a bloke who needs a fresh start & I'm reading too much into it :cry:

PJ
SS Life Member

Players come and go - Luke's made his call and good luck to him but time to move on and get what we need. Nothing personal I'm sure it was a really difficult call for Luke but he's now an ex-saint - that's just how it is.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He is not convinced.....perhaps this article makes a lot more sense now?

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/ ... nced-78261

A sceptical Luke Ball is not taking for granted coach Ross Lyon's assurance that there's a spot for him in the Saints' grand final line-up, and he's admitted to fears that he would miss out altogether on the club's premiership campaign.

Lyon all but guaranteed the Ball would be selected for Saturday's premiership decider against Geelong when quizzed on the Sunday Footy Show.

"He's in, he's not going anywhere, Luke," said Lyon. "He's really elevated himself over the last few weeks and the finals are about contested ball."

"We're playing a great contested ball team and Luke's as talented an inside player as there is."

Ball, however, claimed to know nothing about Lyon's comments until a few minutes before fronting a media conference at Moorabbin on Monday.

"I didn't hear it live and, in fact, (St Kilda media manager) Matt (Vagg) just told me then that he said something like that," said Ball.

"But we'll see; we'll see what happens later in the week, won't we?"

"I'll just get out there and try and have a good week on the track and put my name up for selection."

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintly_safes wrote:Are we going to self destruct again or is this just a bloke who needs a fresh start & I'm reading too much into it :cry:
This is a joke right?

Fair Dinkum some player who has never shown his potential wants a trade and we are going to "self destruct" :roll: :roll:

FFS get a grip.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
HarveysDeciple

joffaboy wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:Are we going to self destruct again or is this just a bloke who needs a fresh start & I'm reading too much into it :cry:
This is a joke right?

Fair Dinkum some player who has never shown his potential wants a trade and we are going to "self destruct" :roll: :roll:

FFS get a grip.
Exactly, I'm dissapointed the bloke is leaving, but he has tried his heart out for the saints. Played injured, showed courage and leadership, captained the club, won a best and fairest and was in our top 5 in a Grand Final.

Thanks Bally, shame your leaving, but you've given us heart and soul.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

The Age has some news/speculation on what will happen this week re Saints:

Ball is out of contract, but the Saints are expected to bargain hard in discussions with the Pies, who plan to trade their first draft choice to Sydney for Darren Jolly, a deal that the Swans indicated yesterday they would only accept if it involved a suitable player or another pick.

The Saints, meanwhile, have met with Andrew Lovett twice in recent days and have joined a three-way struggle with the Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide to secure the services of the speedy Essendon midfielder.

At the time of discussions between Collingwood and the Saints yesterday, Ball had not yet advised St Kilda that he wanted out - thus, there has been little or no progress in discussions about a possible trade.

----------------

Lovett met with a St Kilda delegation of coach Ross Lyon, captain Nick Riewoldt and vice captain Lenny Hayes on Friday to attempt to convince him his best chance of playing in a premiership was to join this year's runners-up.

The Saints reiterated their keen interest meeting with him again yesterday and are understood to have made him an offer that is understood to be for a three-year deal compared to the four years already on offer from Brisbane.

----------------

To secure a trade for him to go to Moorabbin, the Saints are likely to have to part with their first draft pick (16) in a deal that may incorporate defender Matt Maguire heading to Windy Hill for the Bombers' second-round draft pick.

The prospects for that deal were complicated by suggestions late yesterday that the Saints retained interest in disenchanted Bulldog Andrejs Everitt. With Carlton prepared to offer its second-round pick (26) and the Dogs insisting on a pick under 20 it would appear the Saints might need to give up their first-round pick - or a player - to do the deal.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:The Age has some news/speculation on what will happen this week re Saints:

Ball is out of contract, but the Saints are expected to bargain hard in discussions with the Pies, who plan to trade their first draft choice to Sydney for Darren Jolly, a deal that the Swans indicated yesterday they would only accept if it involved a suitable player or another pick.

The Saints, meanwhile, have met with Andrew Lovett twice in recent days and have joined a three-way struggle with the Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide to secure the services of the speedy Essendon midfielder.

At the time of discussions between Collingwood and the Saints yesterday, Ball had not yet advised St Kilda that he wanted out - thus, there has been little or no progress in discussions about a possible trade.

----------------

Lovett met with a St Kilda delegation of coach Ross Lyon, captain Nick Riewoldt and vice captain Lenny Hayes on Friday to attempt to convince him his best chance of playing in a premiership was to join this year's runners-up.

The Saints reiterated their keen interest meeting with him again yesterday and are understood to have made him an offer that is understood to be for a three-year deal compared to the four years already on offer from Brisbane.

----------------

To secure a trade for him to go to Moorabbin, the Saints are likely to have to part with their first draft pick (16) in a deal that may incorporate defender Matt Maguire heading to Windy Hill for the Bombers' second-round draft pick.

The prospects for that deal were complicated by suggestions late yesterday that the Saints retained interest in disenchanted Bulldog Andrejs Everitt. With Carlton prepared to offer its second-round pick (26) and the Dogs insisting on a pick under 20 it would appear the Saints might need to give up their first-round pick - or a player - to do the deal.
I giggled at Riewoldt being part of the delegation that met up with Lovett.

"Is that how you bash your missus, Andy?" I believe was what Rooey said that day.

I reckon Roo opened up the meeting with, "no hard feelings, you know how it is, ey Andy?"

The thought of Everitt is not doing it for me... at all. Peake too... underwhelming.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If ALL geelong players put the team needs first DW would not be being squeezed out for salary cap reasons would he?

Obviously some players want more $$$ and don't mind if the team suffers by losing DW.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintly_safes
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
This is a joke right?

FFS get a grip.
Get a grip . You obviously dont live the St.kilda life I live .I think your the one who needs to get grip you f------ tosser :evil:
Exactly, I'm dissapointed the bloke is leaving, but he has tried his heart out for the saints. Played injured, showed courage and leadership, captained the club, won a best and fairest and was in our top 5 in a Grand Final.

Thanks Bally, shame your leaving, but you've given us heart and soul.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

turns his back on sandy. think about it from lukes perspective. the coach did not rate him. he spent half the year at sandy. like most people he just wants to be loved.

clearly RL has done a fantastic job. hes obviously a great coach and a good man. but if he has one weakness from an outsiders perspective it seems hes very stubborn when it comes to selection and certain players.

he was obsessed with eddy. obsessed with the idea that idea that ball and max were no good. obsessed with zac. very stubborn with raph. i think RL's issue is that he has this working class background where he loves fairytales and battlers. sometimes this emotion cloud his judgement....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

turns his back on sandy. think about it from lukes perspective. the coach did not rate him. he spent half the year at sandy. like most people he just wants to be loved.

clearly RL has done a fantastic job. hes obviously a great coach and a good man. but if he has one weakness from an outsiders perspective it seems hes very stubborn when it comes to selection and certain players.

he was obsessed with eddy. obsessed with the idea that idea that ball and max were no good. obsessed with zac. very stubborn with raph. i think RL's issue is that he has this working class background where he loves fairytales and battlers. sometimes this emotion cloud his judgement....
Half a year, didn't he play 20 games including finals?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Harsh Con, If he was a fairy tale block Max would've played, we wouldn't have been 20-2 for the season, and Ball didn't spend half the season in the two's, he was asked to improve certain area's of his game for his and the teams benefit and was unable to do so, thats what lead to his dropping nothing more nothing less.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good storey SainterK! :lol:

Missed rounds 16, 17, 18, 21, 22

Fortius Quo Fidelius
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

And since the Saints played 25 games including finals, i think that means SainterK's estimation was just about right... :P

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:
saint75 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

And since the Saints played 25 games including finals, i think that means SainterK's estimation was just about right... :P
You sound suprised? 8-)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

thirty-seven!? wrote:
saint75 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Should have made myself clearer. Was backing up SainterK and providing the actual rounds that he missed. He certainly did not miss half a year in the seniors and considering he had a contract in front of him well before he was dropped. Would be interested to hear directly from Bally on his reasons why.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Batnoe

Collingwood fans seem to think that pick 30 will see them get Luke Ball

I really hope we dont get screwed like that, we cant do anything with pick 30

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

flyingwhale18 wrote:no chance in hell id boo Luke Ball, ever.
I will be.

HE HAS TURNED HIS BACK ON THE CLUB!

His former colleague, Robert Harvey, never did. Stuck it out through the thick and thin. Obviously, he didn't take a leaf out of Harves' book.

SCREW HIM AND HIS CROCODILE TEARS AFTER THE GRAND FINAL.

It kills me to say it... BUT SCREW HIM!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
mick13
Club Player

Whats everyone think of Macaffer?

I liked him against the Crows I think it was?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Collingwood fans seem to think that pick 30 will see them get Luke Ball

I really hope we dont get screwed like that, we cant do anything with pick 30
Then it won't happen will it

Another opportunity awaits!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think I'd rather let Ball walk then gift him to the Pies... at least at Melbourne / Richmond/ Freo he can't hurt us come Septermber...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Sam23
SS Life Member

pretty dissapointing.

if we had of won the grand final do you think he would of left?

I expected more of the guy.

Goddard.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I think I'd rather let Ball walk then gift him to the Pies... at least at Melbourne / Richmond/ Freo he can't hurt us come Septermber...
Melbourne and Richmond don't want him and he won't agree to Freo

Another opportunity awaits!