Can the mods ban the Troll Johnny Utah?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Can the mods ban the Troll Johnny Utah?

Can we get rid of this Troll?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Mods can't ban, only admins AFAIW.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
sainter35
Club Player

In that case they should remove every post he has made until an admin is online.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Imo, mods should be able to ban....

Richter
SS Life Member

+1

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

hahaha... Johnny Utah isn't that the character played by Keanu Reeves in Point Break who was "young, dumb and full of cum"?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
HarveysDeciple

Sainternist wrote:hahaha... Johnny Utah isn't that the character played by Keanu Reeves in Point Break who was "young, dumb and full of cum"?
Yeah that's the one.

goods
Club Player

yeah he sent me an abusive PM...get rid of him

longtimesaint
Club Player

I for one am sick of reading garbage from trolls.
Can't we make this forum for saints fans only, and insist on a membership of St.Kilda as a requirement of membership?
Then the club at least gets some money from them if they want to post.

One year will be our year
Nattens
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:I for one am sick of reading garbage from trolls.
Can't we make this forum for saints fans only, and insist on a membership of St.Kilda as a requirement of membership?
Not every Saints fan is a member. It's unaffordable for some.

JacksonsGirl
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:I for one am sick of reading garbage from trolls.
and what make the Mods ring up the club every day to quote barcodes to make sure these ppl actually exist?

longtimesaint
Club Player

No one would need to ring the club -A membership number would be a requirement of the application to join. Mods would verify membership number of all new prospective members, and keep out trolls who have an agenda to disrupt.

One year will be our year
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

i for one hope that saintsational stays available to anyone who is keen to talk/discuss stkilda footy. I dont have a membership, but i am a passionate fan.

not only is membership unaffordable for some, its also in some cases not realistic for some supportors. as discussed in other threads, some of us medically are unable to attend games for example, therefore buying a membership is not feasable.

this will not always be the case, but im a little pissed that i would miss out having access to a forum until i was able to buy a membership. (if the idea was to procede)

a few dips**ts that come on and talk rubbish shouldnt ruin the access to those of us who are legit.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
goods
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:not only is membership unaffordable for some

You can afford the internet, you can afford a computer, you can afford membership...

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

some yes maybe could re-budget, lose the internet and rather then attend games through the gate (if they do attend rather then watch at home), buy a membership.
and for the others, who have other reason for no membership?

some however imo dont think that they need to measure their support for the saints by having a membership. i think this is a case of each to thier own.

still the point remains that a few bag eggs shouldnt ruin it for others. Members vs. Non members system that involves a large majority of saints fans seems stuipid at the least imo

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Haven't experienced this guy, simple solution, if he posts, no one respond.
If he PM's then yes mods or whoever should cut him off.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

This topic has been discussed before. The forum is available for anyone to join regardless of whether they're St Kilda FC members.

If someone is being abusive feel free to pm a mod or admin if you see them online, ideally with the link of the thread concerned.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Haven't experienced this guy, simple solution, if he posts, no one respond.
If he PM's then yes mods or whoever should cut him off.
I'd have to agree with this, don't take them on....I learnt that the hard way :?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Damn, missed that one.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yes we get some trolls, but we also get some very reasonable oppo fans who bring alternative and valid viewpoints to many discussions

Trolls are a way of life in every sporting forum (and others too..I heard a great story once about tram lovers being banned as trolls from trainspotting forms lol).

Yes if you ignore them they will go away...now if anyone wants to let stinger know that new "ignore them' rule please step up...??? :P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:

You can afford the internet, you can afford a computer, you can afford membership...
Can't accept this can't afford a membership bullshyte :x

We are not exactly talking big bickies :shock:

If you are fair dinkum you find a way..equates to a few dollars per week FFS :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Why should we ignore them?

Troll hunting is my second favourite sport! 8-)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
lendog heaven
Club Player

goods wrote:

Saints sideline membership $55 includes m/card & scarf/members kit &admission to one home game-you can pay it off $5 per month - and you're a saints member!!! :D

Tramps like us.............
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

when you recieve like $475 a month from centrelink i think thats a big deal. Im not talking from experience, i have worked my whole life, but i have gf that have children are single, saints fans and simply cannot budget to either attend games or buy memberships for there family. You dont need to agree, you need to accept people have other priorites in life, that may go against your own.

i have no memebership because i cannot attend games YET due to my health. I frankly dont give a rats arse about wheter that makes my views or ideas on the club less than yours, in your view (cos im not a paid up member) i have my views, and a avanue to express them. Hello forum. Like everything else in life, suck it up.
If you are happy to pay for my membership knowing full well i am unable to attend until i can safely sit next to somebody with a cold or catch the train to the game by all means feel free. But im sure you will find, im better off sitting at home or in hospital watching the game.
Its not forever, but it is for now.

Stupid, stupid debate, on something you cannot or i can control. I accept there are people out there made of money, are sain supporters and are yet to buy a membership, flip side, saint supporters no "spare" money and are saint members. We come from all walks of life, accept it.